Xbox 360 wireless receiver (to use 360 controller with a PC)?

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Anybody know of a good price on the 360 wireless receiver (note: not the wireless adapter that's use to connect to the net)? I want to use my 360 controller on my laptop for some emulators.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but if you can find the drivers for the controller, I'm pretty sure you can use a Plug&Play cable, amiwrong?

..I know there's been plenty of nights that I've *charged* my controller using my laptop, I never have anything that I need to *use* my controller with so I've never tried.

[quote name='Sanges99']Maybe I'm mistaken, but if you can find the drivers for the controller, I'm pretty sure you can use a Plug&Play cable, amiwrong?

..I know there's been plenty of nights that I've *charged* my controller using my laptop, I never have anything that I need to *use* my controller with so I've never tried.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Windows needs to install drivers to charge anything via USB. It does the same thing with my phone. But you can't use it to play games.

Anyway, I learned you can use a DualShock 3 just by installing some drivers but the problem is, as soon as I do my Bluetooth disappears (can't reactivate it). But the PS3 controller can go on using my non-existent Bluetooth. The only way to get things back up is to do a system restore.

[quote name='Sanges99']Maybe I'm mistaken, but if you can find the drivers for the controller, I'm pretty sure you can use a Plug&Play cable, amiwrong?

..I know there's been plenty of nights that I've *charged* my controller using my laptop, I never have anything that I need to *use* my controller with so I've never tried.[/QUOTE]

I looked into this when buying one of these and you can't use the Plug and Play charging cable to connect to your PC.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, but Windows needs to install drivers to charge anything via USB. It does the same thing with my phone. But you can't use it to play games.

Anyway, I learned you can use a DualShock 3 just by installing some drivers but the problem is, as soon as I do my Bluetooth disappears (can't reactivate it). But the PS3 controller can go on using my non-existent Bluetooth. The only way to get things back up is to do a system restore.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lucid13']I looked into this when buying one of these and you can't use the Plug and Play charging cable to connect to your PC.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. You need one of the newer play and charge kits though. I have the one that comes with the silver control with the transforming dpad and it works when connected via usb. It installs a new driver called wireless 360 controller via play and charge kit. I think its the black play and charge kits that are the newer ones not the white ones.

I also have one of those third party wireless gaming receivers and they work fine. It requires some work to install it but once its installed it works great. It will even work on my android tablet which is nice.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']Yes you can. You need one of the newer play and charge kits though. I have the one that comes with the silver control with the transforming dpad and it works when connected via usb. It installs a new driver called wireless 360 controller via play and charge kit. I think its the black play and charge kits that are the newer ones not the white ones.[/QUOTE]

Not true. The play and charge cable cannot be used that way. Microsoft has never changed the cable either. Windows may detect it as "Wireless 360 Controller via Play and Charge" but that is it just recognizing it and supplying power. No actual data connection between controller and PC is made. It works ONLY with the wireless adapter. Which you have...which is why it is working that way for you: through the wireless!

I have a third party one I bought with the driver disk I would sell for 5 dollars plus shipping to wherever you are. I found my first party one the other day so I don't need it anymore. let me know! I use it for my cronusdevice(best thing ever) and to play games I buy on steam.

bread's done
Back