Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel $44.99 Free Shipping / Buy.com (Ebay Daily Deal)

Awesome, thanks! I had a chance to try this out and I loved it. It took about an hour to really get used to it, but it's so much more precise than using the 360 controller. It's no replacement for a real FF wheel, but this is easily the best alternative for people who don't have room for a proper racing setup.

People who clown on this wheel obviously have not given it a try in person. It's amazing.

i tried it. its a great wheel for casual players. but if youre into racing (forza or F1) and dont want to spend $250 on a wheel (since fanatec is the only best high quality wheel at the moment), i recommend searching for the discontinued xbox wheel on craigslist.

i bought a wheel and pedal for $20 via craigslist 3 weeks ago. it works great. it has force feedback too.

also there will be a new wheel coming out later this month:

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2011/08/thrustmaster-ferrari-458-italia-racing-wheel.html

but its does not have force feedback. imo wheels arent good without force feedback

I've never been a hardcore racing fan, but was excited to pick this up after reading some of the reviews on it. It works great, my driving certainly is a lot better using this vs a regular controller. For me personally, I understand the appeal of the high end driving wheels, but as a casual gamer, thats not really for me as I dont have the space for that type of setup and wouldnt really want to spend a couple hundred dollars on it either. So this is perfect for me and i enjoy using it.

also got one on a great deal with BB and the GC, used it tonight worked a lot better than I thought, kids absolutely loved using it.

[quote name='giantqtipz']i tried it. its a great wheel for casual players. but if youre into racing (forza or F1) and dont want to spend $250 on a wheel (since fanatec is the only best high quality wheel at the moment), i recommend searching for the discontinued xbox wheel on craigslist.

i bought a wheel and pedal for $20 via craigslist 3 weeks ago. it works great. it has force feedback too.

also there will be a new wheel coming out later this month:

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2011/08/thrustmaster-ferrari-458-italia-racing-wheel.html

but its does not have force feedback. imo wheels arent good without force feedback[/QUOTE]

what model is that discontinued one you got for $20 on craigslist?

Question - does this work better then the Wii wheel? This is not a bash of that either. I actually thought it worked pretty well myself, and I'd often see people using Wii Wheels winning online races of Mario Kart. I think it works a lot better than people give it credit for. Still, I'm curious if this works even better, of if it is essentially about the same.

I haven't used the Wii wheel, but I can speak for the accuracy of the 360 Speed Wheel. It picks up even the slightest movements and I have no problems holding a racing line with this. With the controller, I'd repeatedly have to jab the stick in order to stay on that same line. The triggers on the wheel also have more travel and make fine adjustments in braking and throttle easier.

My biggest complaint with the wheel is the lack of LB and RB bumpers. This makes certain menu options in Forza 4 inaccessible unless you swap to a controller. It's a stupid oversight and is extremely annoying. That said, I like the wheel enough to use it in spite of the annoyances.

[quote name='CAG Muroso']what model is that discontinued one you got for $20 on craigslist?[/QUOTE]

uhh

WRW01
or
X809211-002
or

snag one if you can. its worth it. youll never turn back. in fact, youll just want a better wheel, and feel tempted to dish out $250 for a good one; so you can play forza 4 with manual transmission.

anyway, a bit off topic. i tried forza 4 today, and i just cant get into it. its not as fast as F1. both are very different games thats for sure. but i think you guys should give F1 2011 a try. it feels more sophisticated heh... but yeah who knows, you might like it! :D

[quote name='giantqtipz']uhh

WRW01
or
X809211-002
or

snag one if you can. its worth it. youll never turn back. in fact, youll just want a better wheel, and feel tempted to dish out $250 for a good one; so you can play forza 4 with manual transmission.

anyway, a bit off topic. i tried forza 4 today, and i just cant get into it. its not as fast as F1. both are very different games thats for sure. but i think you guys should give F1 2011 a try. it feels more sophisticated heh... but yeah who knows, you might like it! :D[/QUOTE]

wow thanks!

Got one at Fred Meyer B&M for $40. Works well for non-hardcore racing, pretty cool controller for the money. I think microsoft hit a home run at the casual market with this one. Those who got the family more involved with Kinect should definitely see if the spouse will try a few more racing games using this.

bread's done
Back