Xbox 360s @ Best Buy Being Opened and Resealed to Include Free Games

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (89%)
If anyone cares, I checked the news page for media (I printed them out but I don't have a scanner to scan them) and it's been confirmed that authorization has been given to Mosaic Field Reps to break the Xbox 360 seal, insert the two games into the carton, re-apply a new seal, and apply the sticker on the front. This will take place between Oct 15, 2007 through Novemeber 15, 2007/December 2007 (on our page it says Nov 15 but the alert from Microsoft says Dec 2007).

This is only being done to "ensure that all exisitng Xbox 360 Pro systems include the free software." There is no mention of new chips or anything.

However, note that some shipments ae sent out with the stickers. This is how I got mine. I personally myself got mine from the back and it was will on the cart on 10/15. I took it ot of them boxes we get them in and it there was a sticker on them. So it'd be safe to say that Microsoft did this to the stock they had had left as well.

If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

[quote name='lanleague']If you bought a 360 at BestBuy within the last 30 days, can you exchange it for one with the games inside?[/QUOTE]

Yes. As long as you have everything plus the receipt.

I wonder if I went in with my elite reciept (less than 30 days old) if they would just give me the 2 games instead of me having to go through the trouble of exchanging the whole system.

Yeah, GameStop/EB has to do this too. Any of the consoles we have in stock have to be cut open, the game has to be put in there, and the sticker has to go on the box.

bread's done
Back