Xbox 361, who's buying? (Link added with additional pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Morpheus']You would also lose the capabilty to play offline with the XBLA games, downloadable content you paid for, and anything else you downloaded. I'm going through the circle jerk with customer service about this since I realized I couldn't play any of my DLC offline on my refurbished console that I got from MS repair center. I'll let you know how it goes if you want?[/QUOTE]

My 360 is always online, so not playing the XBL games offline wouldn't matter. Sounds like an awesome way to get a new 360.

[quote name='propeller_head']blah de blahblahblah. ever heard of the saying K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid. trying to sound like youre from scottland yard doesnt make the points you try to raise any more legitimate.

youre right not many ppl did buy the core system. but they did offer it and again ITS NO DIFFERENT FROM THE PREMIUM except it doesnt have a HDD or a wireless controller. big whoop. there are 3 probably shitty games you cant play w/o the HDD. people can always buy the HDD at any time.

take for instance some1 bought a core because they didnt have the money for the premium. they play it and enjoy it for a few months & have the money for the HDD so they add it. is that worse than not playing it for a few months and then buying a premium? cause thats what youre implying. that giving people the option is somehow jipping them.

i called you negative because that's what you are. i was simply pointing out THE OBVIOUS FACT. are you going to deny that sony waited a year so they could incorporate BR? that the inclusion of BR raised the price CONSIDERABLY despite being a year later & technically equiv to the 360? Dragnet style. just the facts. if you consider the facts negative, its only because youre inherently defensive of sony & reactionarily see their faults being illustrated as attacks instead of what they are.

YOU SAID QUOTE "in the years to come Premium 360 users could just as easily find themselves unable to play certain software."

THEN you argued by saying people who bought the core couldnt play all the games and listed 1 you knew for sure and 2 you were unsure of (all of which suck according to reviews, i looked to see if they really did require HDD. FFXI is the only 1 i found that said it did).

YOURE TRYING TO PAINT THE PICTURE THAT MS IS CONTUNALLY ROLLING OUT REVISIONS THAT MAKE OLDER MODELS OBSOLETE.

THAT IS CLEARLY NOT THE CASE AND YOU KNOW IT. ITS THE SAME fuckING CONSOLE, JUST HAS A BIGGER HARD DRIVE (which will be available to any1 who already has a 360) AND HDMI AS STANDARD.

YOU DONT NEED TO BE STEVEN fuckING HAWKING TO GRASP THE CONCEPT:dunce::shame:[/QUOTE]Settle the fuck down cuntscab, and go back to Gamefaqs

[quote name='TimPV3']Settle the fuck down cuntscab, and go back to Gamefaqs[/quote]

There were better ways to handle that....

So about the Core/premium debate. Did it occur to anyone that maybe the core is perfect for someone that doesnt have an internet connection? You say "oh well they cant have dlc or xbla without the hd so you cant play everything on it." well youre also not getting on live without the hard drive so you dont have access to that stuff. again, without a internet connection, a premium really isnt needed. I just got internet at home about a month ago, so does that mean my premium couldnt play all the games? or was "broken" no. It plays the games I see at the store and buy. The games that are publicized on tv. The games most of my friends would be playing and talking about.
Anyway point being you can play any game that you buy at the store. the store you bought your 360 at. Live is awesome yes, but its an added bonus of being a 360 owner. some people dont even know what live is. they see the consoles, they see the games. they buy the consoles, they buy the games.

[quote name='DeathDealer']So about the Core/premium debate. Did it occur to anyone that maybe the core is perfect for someone that doesnt have an internet connection? You say "oh well they cant have dlc or xbla without the hd so you cant play everything on it." well youre also not getting on live without the hard drive so you dont have access to that stuff. again, without a internet connection, a premium really isnt needed. I just got internet at home about a month ago, so does that mean my premium couldnt play all the games? or was "broken" no. It plays the games I see at the store and buy. The games that are publicized on tv. The games most of my friends would be playing and talking about.[/quote]

But you'd have to beat all your games in one sitting unless you wanted to spend $40 on the memory card. I remember last year - moms were asking if you could 'complete' the Core version into the Premium version.

[quote name='TimPV3']Settle the fuck down cuntscab, and go back to Gamefaqs[/quote]
:hot:fuck you you fuckity fuck fuck fucker fuckface:hot:

:booty::booty::booty:
:applause:

20041103h.jpg

:lol:

[quote name='Brian9824']Can you at least get basic facts right before you try to act like a know it all. Majority of Blu-Ray players can play dvd's. It's up to the manufacturer of the player if its supported much like today's dvd players that can play cd's. You can't even get basic information like that and you act like you know everything.

As everyone else has previously said Microsofts decision to make their core system was a MUCH poorer decision then Sony's because the Core system shipped incomplete. You weren't able to do 95% of the things on XBL, couldn't play xbox games, couldn't even save your games!

Sony's model was fully functional out of the box which everyone aggrees.[/quote]
nope BR cant read DVDs. thats a FACT. the diode WONT. it needs a seperate laser. HD-DVD doesnt need a seperate laser. neither of them can read DVDs at 16x. they can play DVD movies fine. & wouldnt have trouble w/ a ps2 or xbox game either. but 360 games require much more data fetched fast.

fully funcional....... and almost twice the cost. you try to make it sound like sony provided more for the money.

as i keep trying to point out. MS offered it as an option to people who want to play it now and complete it later. its not like if you buy a core, its a core forever. do you not grasp the concept? thats a rhetorical question. of course you do. whether you admit you do is another story:booty:

[quote name='TimPV3']Same here, it's a good thing I held off.

It's amazing though. I assumed Microsoft would get more shit for supporting 1080p, HDMI, and now a bigger harddrive just because Sony did it, and basically fucking over anybody who bought a Premium before this came out (if it's the same price. If not, ignore this whole post I guess). I'm pretty sure everybody got pissed when Sony added motion sensing to the controller, yet Microsoft does this and it's all fine and dandy.[/quote]
- the 360 supports 1080p right now. just not over HDMI

- we still dont know if its a new port or a cable for the existing one

- this isnt effecting the playability of any of the games in any way, shape, or form. they will continue to be built around 720p & component will continue to look identical to HDMI. 720p is the sweet spot this gen. the 360s GPU (xenos) is actually stronger than the RSX & the CPU is much easier to program for than the Cell yet devs for it think 1080p would cause them to give up much of the eye candy. so sharper for the 5% of ppl who have 1080p sets w/ HDMI 1.3. more sterile for every1 else. not a good compromise.

- this is a purely paper move. to lessen the distinction between the PS3 and the 360. so casual shoppers comparing specs side by side at the store see 1 less difference.

again w/ the car analogy. you buy a car for 20 grand. next year the same car comes w/ running lights standard for 20 grand. does that mean your car no longer drives you anywhere? :dunce:

[quote name='propeller_head']nope BR cant read DVDs. thats a FACT. the diode WONT. it needs a seperate laser. HD-DVD doesnt need a seperate laser. neither of them can read DVDs at 16x. they can play DVD movies fine. & wouldnt have trouble w/ a ps2 or xbox game either. but 360 games require much more data fetched fast.

fully funcional....... and almost twice the cost. you try to make it sound like sony provided more for the money.

as i keep trying to point out. MS offered it as an option to people who want to play it now and complete it later. its not like if you buy a core, its a core forever. do you not grasp the concept? thats a rhetorical question. of course you do. whether you admit you do is another story:booty:[/quote]

Once again you are wrong http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-P1000-Blu-Ray-Disc-Player/dp/B000F99FDE/sr=8-1/qid=1168108199/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-3735617-0571238?ie=UTF8&s=electronics
"Backwards compatible with current DVD and CD formats; upconverts DVD movie discs to near high-definition"

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S1-Blu-ray-Disc-Player/dp/B000DZS0G8/sr=8-2/qid=1168108199/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-3735617-0571238?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDP9000-Blu-Ray-Disc-Player/dp/B000H92QXI/sr=8-3/qid=1168108199/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-3735617-0571238?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Thats just the first few. Each one is fully backwards compatible with cd's and dvds. Let me know when your done showing your ignorance okay.

Also how the hell is the PS3 twice the cost? Premium 360 has the same features as the core PS3 minus the bluray player and the PS3 only costs $100 more. You keep saying random ass stuff and don't even get basic parts of it correct.

Premium 360 = $399
Core PS3 = $499

$499 - $399 = $100 Difference

Finally for the fiftieth time you can't even SAVE games with the Core system without spending another $40 so the system is unuseable as its sold. It's not a matter of allowing you to upgrade it.

[quote name='propeller_head']
:hot:fuck you you fuckity fuck fuck fucker fuckface:hot:

:booty::booty::booty:
:applause:

(insert ha-ha hilarious comic here)

:lol:
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='propeller_head']nope BR cant read DVDs. thats a FACT. the diode WONT. it needs a seperate laser. HD-DVD doesnt need a seperate laser. neither of them can read DVDs at 16x. they can play DVD movies fine. & wouldnt have trouble w/ a ps2 or xbox game either. but 360 games require much more data fetched fast.

as i keep trying to point out. MS offered it as an option to people who want to play it now and complete it later. its not like if you buy a core, its a core forever. do you not grasp the concept? thats a rhetorical question. of course you do. whether you admit you do is another story:booty:[/QUOTE]

You're off to a roaring start here, I see. But more on that below.

The core was "offered" as a way to milk/fool people, and that is all. It wasn't released out of the kindness of Microsoft's heart.

You're twisting what he said to try to make yourself look intelligent by copying whatever little nuggets of info you pulled off wikipedia, and it's not working. He said "the majority of Blu-Ray players can play dvd's." This is true - is there any Blu-Ray player that doesn't? You're getting into the lasers used, which is irrelevant to what was said before. No one is impressed.

I was wondering why I hadn't noticed this goof before, then I noticed he just recently signed up. You've already hit most of the major points - hilarious typos due to your furious little fingers flying over the keys at an alarming rate of speed, overuse of smileys, posting giant graphics that you think reenforce your point.

I look forward on what's sure to be a long and meaningful run for you here. We recently lost our village idiot with the departure of RegalSin and you may be able to fill the spot nicely.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
I look forward on what's sure to be a long and meaningful run for you here. We recently lost our village idiot with the departure of RegalSin and you may be able to fill the spot nicely.[/quote]

I miss Regal.... was he banned?

Yeah so far every post he's done has been ripping on the PS3. He's already had the mod's pop into his last major topic telling him to stop getting off track and spouting random stuff. Theres plenty of valid reasons to bash the PS3 yet he chooses the most stupid points possible and has to say everyone else is wrong

[quote name='Brian9824']Once again you are wrong http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-P1000-Blu-Ray-Disc-Player/dp/B000F99FDE/sr=8-1/qid=1168108199/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-3735617-0571238?ie=UTF8&s=electronics
"Backwards compatible with current DVD and CD formats; upconverts DVD movie discs to near high-definition"

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S1-Blu-ray-Disc-Player/dp/B000DZS0G8/sr=8-2/qid=1168108199/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-3735617-0571238?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDP9000-Blu-Ray-Disc-Player/dp/B000H92QXI/sr=8-3/qid=1168108199/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-3735617-0571238?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Thats just the first few. Each one is fully backwards compatible with cd's and dvds. Let me know when your done showing your ignorance okay.[/quote] might wanna reread my post BR itself CANT. it needs an additional DVD laser. the HD-DVD diode can so it doesnt. its not a hard concept to grasp. also like i said the dual format drives are fine for playing last gen & movies. but not good enough for the 360 to read games off of. THAT WAS MY POINT:fridge:

btw, the samsung & sony players absolutely suck. if you have to have BR, get a PS3, its the best 1 out atm. the load times on those are horrendus and they produce blocky pictures.

though even w/ component the HD-DVD produces a better picture:hot:
http://www.gamescentral.com/blogs/tek_jansens_explosive_gaming_experience/archive/2006/12/26/ps3-blu-ray-vs-xbox-360-hd-dvd-vs-dvd.aspx

and before you call that guy a fanboy, you might wanna read his review on the PS3 and installing LInux on it.

[quote name='propeller_head']might wanna reread my post BR itself CANT. it needs an additional DVD laser. the HD-DVD diode can so it doesnt. its not a hard concept to grasp. also like i said the dual laser drives are fine for playing last gen & movies. but not good enough for the 360 to read games off of. THAT WAS MY POINT:fridge:

btw, the samsung & sony players absolutely suck. if you have to have BR, get a PS3, its the best 1 out atm. the load times on those are horrendus and they produce blocky pictures.

though even w/ component the HD-DVD produces a better picture:hot:
http://www.gamescentral.com/blogs/tek_jansens_explosive_gaming_experience/archive/2006/12/26/ps3-blu-ray-vs-xbox-360-hd-dvd-vs-dvd.aspx

and before you call that guy a fanboy, you might wanna read his review on the PS3 and installing LInux on it.[/quote]

Might want to re-read my post then too, I said repeatedly "Majority of Blu-Ray players can play dvd's." i never said a blu ray laser could read it. yet you seem to randomly spout information for no reason. Who has even said anything about playing 360 games using a dual laser drive?

[quote name='KaneRobot']You're off to a roaring start here, I see. But more on that below.

The core was "offered" as a way to milk/fool people, and that is all. It wasn't released out of the kindness of Microsoft's heart.

You're twisting what he said to try to make yourself look intelligent by copying whatever little nuggets of info you pulled off wikipedia, and it's not working. He said "the majority of Blu-Ray players can play dvd's." This is true - is there any Blu-Ray player that doesn't? You're getting into the lasers used, which is irrelevant to what was said before. No one is impressed.

I was wondering why I hadn't noticed this goof before, then I noticed he just recently signed up. You've already hit most of the major points - hilarious typos due to your furious little fingers flying over the keys at an alarming rate of speed, overuse of smileys, posting giant graphics that you think reenforce your point.

I look forward on what's sure to be a long and meaningful run for you here. We recently lost our village idiot with the departure of RegalSin and you may be able to fill the spot nicely.[/quote]
its not irrelevant because it had a point. they wouldnt be able to match the seek speed of the dedicated DVD drive in the 360 right now. thus it wouldnt be internal. and for the record, wikipedia is a horrible place to quote info from, any1 can change it.

again like i said earlier, no1 put a gun to any1s head and forced them to buy it. they were never misled what was in the core. it says right on the box. it was an alternative to those who CHOSE it. and if you think people are that stupid as to not read the box, well.. thats your issue. you act like some1 who wants to blame the homeowner for shooting the burgler.

as for my extremely weird sense of fervant humor :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: welcome to my world. it's fun, you should come and play \\:D/:whistle2:\":rofl::booty::wave::beer:

[quote name='Brian9824']Might want to re-read my post then too, I said repeatedly "Majority of Blu-Ray players can play dvd's." i never said a blu ray laser could read it. yet you seem to randomly spout information for no reason. Who has even said anything about playing 360 games using a dual laser drive?[/quote]
the whole point of it, was to dispute the elusion being made that MS will down the line incorporate a HD-DVD drive or Blu-Ray drive into it in another revision.

MS has said flat out over and over w/ emphatical certainty, the DVD drive would stay the same for the life of the system.:bomb::hot:

dont believe me, go read ars tecnica's opposible thumbs
http://arstechnica.com/articles/headstart.ars/1

might also wanna read this 1 too while youre at it
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/1/6/6504

Yeah, this is seeming more and more confusing. It's hard to belive anything Xbox Scene, a website that talks alot about modding consoles, says. And why would they even get this imformation along with engadget? None of this even makes since, and if it's a hoax we all got worked up for nothing.

[quote name='propeller_head']the whole point of it, was to dispute the elusion being made that MS will down the line incorporate a HD-DVD drive or Blu-Ray drive into it in another revision.

MS has said flat out over and over w/ emphatical certainty, the DVD drive would stay the same for the life of the system.:bomb::hot:

dont believe me, go read ars tecnica's opposible thumbs
http://arstechnica.com/articles/headstart.ars/1

might also wanna read this 1 too while youre at it
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/1/6/6504[/QUOTE]

They also said that they weren't going to include an HDMI port.

Regardless, this news disappoints me. As an early adopter I put my faith in MS to follow the path of video game console common sense. Every instance in gaming history where a console has received a major physical upgrade has turned into a disaster, either in public perspective, sales revenue, or both. Anyone want to buy my 360?

[quote name='daphatty']They also said that they weren't going to include an HDMI port.

Regardless, this news disappoints me. As an early adopter I put my faith in MS to follow the path of video game console common sense. Every instance in gaming history where a console has received a major physical upgrade has turned into a disaster, either in public perspective, sales revenue, or both. Anyone want to buy my 360?[/QUOTE]

Every instance? What about the new slim PS2 or the new DS Lite? Granted, the changes were mostly cosmetic but they were upgraded nonetheless.

[quote name='Brian9824']Yeah so far every post he's done has been ripping on the PS3. He's already had the mod's pop into his last major topic telling him to stop getting off track and spouting random stuff. Theres plenty of valid reasons to bash the PS3 yet he chooses the most stupid points possible and has to say everyone else is wrong[/quote]
wrong, cry baby. you reported me multiple times for the same thing (remember mr mod reminded u of that very nicely). i was pointing out the irony in you calling the wii a cheap gimmick when you had a pyramid scheme in your sig. then you persisted in arguing it wasnt a pyramid scheme for about 3 more posts. nice to see its not in your sig anymore.:applause:

also the only thing i have against the PS3 was that sony cried wolf so many times.
technically its a great peice of hardware. and i do hope that programmers make the most out of the cell
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-linuxps3-1/
i also applaud them form folding@home
i dont forget that they lied over and over though. and that they made the PS3 into some sort of melange of propitary tech they want to implement into TVs, DVRs, refrigerators, standalone players/pc drives, & barbie dolls for the next 10 years.
i do plan on buying a ps3 when they drop the price or when GT5 comes out, whatever comes 1st (that is, if the rumor about them not supporting force feedback anymore isnt true)

i do plan on buying a wii as soon as i can find one for sale

and i do plan on buying a 120GB drive for my existing 360 which will continue to work exactly like it always has.

there ya go. yes i do view MS more favorable, because theyve really delivered on helping devs produce games easily making them release faster better games this cycle than last. & i support them for not shoving HD-DVD down my throat when it wasnt needed. i guess that since i have more respect for the 360s history than the PS3s i must be a fanboy of some sort, no matter what the reasoning behind it.
hmm thats kinda what a fanboy would think isnt it? you know some1 who hates any1 who doesnt like their favorite system for any reason.:nottalking::wave::fridge::no:

now back on topic.

vid up
http://www.youtube.com/v/tcACuy4x8nA

& pic
http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/hdmi-360/xbox360-set2-hdmi-01_s400.jpg
http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/hdmi-360/xbox360-set2-hdmi-02_s400.jpg
http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/xcm360/XCMMultibig_s200.jpg

[quote name='Just Josh']Every instance? What about the new slim PS2 or the new DS Lite? Granted, the changes were mostly cosmetic but they were upgraded nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you know damn well what I meant. :booty:

[quote name='daphatty']They also said that they weren't going to include an HDMI port.

Regardless, this news disappoints me. As an early adopter I put my faith in MS to follow the path of video game console common sense. Every instance in gaming history where a console has received a major physical upgrade has turned into a disaster, either in public perspective, sales revenue, or both. Anyone want to buy my 360?[/quote] ill be your butler for a month if you can find me a quote where MS says there will never be HDMI.

here's 1 where they say they can implement HDMI when they see a market for it.
IGN: Can the X360 send out a digital signal now, or ever?

Microsoft Xbox 360 currently doesn't include a digital out connection for video. Our platform is flexible enough to allow support of a digital connection in the future should we choose to do so. When the Xbox 360 was being developed HDMI was nascent and with our current connections we support what the overwhelming majority of consumers have available to them. It's important to note that the market penetration of 1080p displays is in the single digits. Regardless, for those early adopters who have displays and projectors that support 1080p over VGA and component we have a solution and it is a free upgrade for them. We are watching the market closely and will continue to evaluate our solution in the face of consumer demand, but have no announcements regarding additional cables or connections.
http://gear.ign.com/articles/735/735860p1.html

p.s. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6759620933099471522

I got my box from costco, whenever this comes out, i will return my current box and get this one

I can't believe how much people are bitching in this thread. Your current 360 will continue to work fine. People that buy early always end up paying more and or getting less. It's the way the world works. Do you bitch at honda for releasing a 2007 civic after you bought a 2006? Every other console has at least slightly upgraded models and nobody jumps down their throat. It's a good way to keep an older product fresh and new. About the integrated HD-DVD, I don't think it'll happen because I don't think they'll be able to get the DVD read speed high enough.

Oh noes Im selling my 360 for something else :roll: STFU!

A: This wouldn't be the first time a company has done this. I don't see people raise pitchforks every time Nintendo redesigns a gameboy with a brighter screen or makes it micro. In fact bitches run to preorder it and sell the old units at a loss.

B: Do even 1/4th the people complaing 1(own a HD tv) 2 (have a HD TV with HDMI)

C: Where is the solid proof that this is real? The video on Xbox-scene fails to go to the dash board showing HDMI in the video options(Hmm I wonder why) and I didn't see the guy put a HDDVD movie in the tray, he plays Kameo :roll: great way to show off a new model 360 :roll:
::EDIT:: I had to add the fucking Noob uses a DVI/HDMI adapter to a DVI/VGA adapter! WTF is the piont of that bullshit?

Save this shit for Gamefaqs

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Oh noes Im selling my 360 for something else :roll: STFU!

A: This wouldn't be the first time a company has done this. I don't see people raise pitchforks every time Nintendo redesigns a gameboy with a brighter screen or makes it micro. In fact bitches run to preorder it and sell the old units at a loss.

B: Do even 1/4th the people complaing 1(own a HD tv) 2 (have a HD TV with HDMI)

C: Where is the solid proof that this is real? The video on Xbox-scene fails to go to the dash board showing HDMI in the video options(Hmm I wonder why) and I didn't see the guy put a HDDVD movie in the tray, he plays Kameo :roll: great way to show off a new model 360 :roll:
::EDIT:: I had to add the fucking Noob uses a DVI/HDMI adapter to a DVI/VGA adapter! WTF is the piont of that bullshit?

Save this shit for Gamefaqs[/quote]

Looks like just a HDMI>DVI adapter to me. Looks like the DVI cable goes right into the monitor.

I don't think an HD-DVD drive inside is part of this particular rumor. It's just the HDMI port, the quieter chip, and the bigger harddrive.

[quote name='lebowsky']Seems like this is going to be the new trend...the Appleization of consoles. Release a new update every year or so with just enough new features to woo new buyers and get current owners to rebuy, but not enough new features to alienate those who purchased the now outdated version.
[/QUOTE]

Appleization? hmm. All MP3 player companies come out with new players each year. All Computer companies come out with new computers each year. what the fuck makes apple unique?

-Owl

[quote name='Trakan']Looks like just a HDMI>DVI adapter to me. Looks like the DVI cable goes right into the monitor.

I don't think an HD-DVD drive inside is part of this particular rumor. It's just the HDMI port, the quieter chip, and the bigger harddrive.[/QUOTE]

I watched it again, your right. I must have seen too many of those adapters today and said "oh no not adapter on adapter BS again' when I saw the video.

Still the legitimacy IMO is 20/80 fake/real. I want to see the dashboard settings before I make a true judgment. If I had a dev kit why would I hang out at Xbox-scene? a site primarily devoted to modding show a xbox-scene tshirt, a possible identifiable tattoo on his/her wrist(a bitch tattoo at that) and show a video of something that could have been made pretty easily by the talent those guys have. If some one can make case mods for fun how hard would it be for them to do that. The Xbox with built in optical component a VGA outputs they made was awesome too but it doesnt mean its real.

This will have to have built-in HD-DVD, 120gb, have a majority of games that run in 1080p, and be much cooler and quieter while still costing $400 to make me regret already buying one. (I only payed $200 for my 360 last month from TRU (wishlist and $100 gift card deal)).

I doubt most early adopters will even replace their HDTV's with 1080p sets before the next gen console comes out.

As an owner of 1080p Samsung DLP and a first year 360, HDMI is the only rumor getting my attention. I can use VGA and get 1080p, but I'd hate to get screwed out of HDMI.

[quote name='scottman']This will have to have built-in HD-DVD, 120gb, have a majority of games that run in 1080p, and be much cooler and quieter while still costing $400 to make me regret already buying one. (I only payed $200 for my 360 last month from TRU (wishlist and $100 gift card deal)).

I doubt most early adopters will even replace their HDTV's with 1080p sets before the next gen console comes out.[/quote]

No. Nobody even said that.

Don't they already upscale to 1080p?

We don't even know that, or if it exists.

Who knows what could happen by that time. I just hope that they run through this slowly to try to get people into HD first before constantly advancing it. Not only are they expensive, but they are a little conplicated. It's almost like they're forcing you to become an AV dork just to watch TV. Well, become an AV dork and pay alot of money.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, if you have to use the word "except," then you can't use the word "all," can you? In addition to XBLA, there are a handful of games that require the HDD (Final Fantasy XI, and I believe 99 Nights, or Enchant Arms...some of those games I haven't yet played). Not to mention any game demos/DLC.

My point wasn't that you, as a consumer, are stuck for life with the inability to play game X or game Y. My point was that MS was selling a console that, out of the box, can not play all 360 gaming content. As a result of their willingness to sell you a product that, de facto, cannot play all content, it stands to reason they could certainly try that yet again. Is the likelihood of it small? You bet. However, if MS is willing to sell you an "incomplete" system, what makes you so confident that your premium console will be able to play all 360 games for the duration of software releases?[/quote]

Games that require addiyioal hardware to play are hardly new. Duck Hunt, DDR, Eyetoy, Guitar Hero, FF11 on PS2. So I don't see how big mean M$ is taking advantage of you.

And Live Arcade games are playable with a memory unit. Its the reason for the 50MB size limit that bugs me to no end.

[quote name='MetalGator']As an owner of 1080p Samsung DLP and a first year 360, HDMI is the only rumor getting my attention. I can use VGA and get 1080p, but I'd hate to get screwed out of HDMI.[/quote]I also have a 1080p Samsung DLP and a near launch 360. I expected the new CPU and a bigger hard drive to come eventually, but I am suprised about the HDMI, although none of this makes me regret getting my 360. I'm very happy with it now, and maybe I'll try to sell my current one and get this new system a year or two from now.

What people keep glossing over is the timeframe issue. if this change had occured 2 years from now people wouldn't be as angry. Just look at how many years between the PS2 and Slim version. Also the cost was MUCH less then the 360. With a gaming system thats supposed to have a life of 5 years drastic changes like this less then a year after launch aren't very good. Especially when you consider that they had to have been working on this new design for several months. So less then a year after their system came out they are already planning a better version that will be superior in every way to their loyal fans who supported them by buying it at launch. Even if technically there is hardly a difference its not very good from their customer's perspective.

I will also say it was a pretty drastic oversight which they are finally correcting with the inclusion of a bigger HD for the 360. 13 Gig's doesnt cut it when they want the 360 to be used as a Media center. The question is what will the new HD cost by itself? If we go by the pricing of their 20 GB HD it would cost around $500.......

I mainly just want a QUIET 360 and a fixed d-pad on the controller. I'll trade in my 360 in a second if I can get a quiet one.

I don't know why anyone's that upset about not having HDMI. It's nice, but I doubt most of us can tell the difference between analog and digital connections for games anyway. (And the 360 doesn't render at 1080p for games, so that's a moot point too.)

If it's THAT important to you you can always trade in your current model towards a new one.

[quote name='62t']with PS2, the earlier model doesnt have progress scan built in[/QUOTE]

The DVD player dosen't. The original model would work for the few games that support it. (Moot point as on my TV 480i and p look basically identical).

[quote name='doubledown']This WOULD be total BS on Microsofts part. They better give me an upgraded system too. However, I'm perfectly happy with mine now. My TV that I have the 360 on does NOT have HDMI, so not a big deal. The HDD would be nice though and I have HD-DVD already.[/QUOTE]

Better call the WAAAAbulance.

This is why I wait 2-3 years before picking up the console- that and I don't pay full price for the games, just buy them when they are under 30 bucks. Why the hell should I start buying the newest damned stuff when as a PC gamer, I have over 100 PC games in backlog. LOL. I look forward to buying one of these. =D

Thanks to everyone who beta tested the old ones for me!

[quote name='anomynous']For the last time, the 360 can do games in 1080p[/quote]

Yeah but didn't you hear? This new one can do 1090P!

[quote name='anomynous']For the last time, the 360 can already do games in 1080p through component or VGA[/QUOTE]

If you can provide some evidence on this that would be great. I am not aware of the 360 being able to do 1080p over component. I thought it was only VGA.

[quote name='pimpinc333']If you can provide some evidence on this that would be great. I am not aware of the 360 being able to do 1080p over component. I thought it was only VGA.[/QUOTE]
Games only (no DVD) 1080p over component, and your HDTV has to accept 1080p over component as well.

[quote name='friedram']Better call the WAAAAbulance.[/QUOTE]

Better call in the lame, unoriginal lingo to complete the internet douchebag stereotype.

L33TPWN3DFTWLOLROLF

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back