XBOX 60GB Live starter pack $79.99 AMAZON

I might have to get this when my trade-in credit gets approved at Amazon.

Is there anywhere to get the transfer kit for free, or a small fee?

[quote name='kidkash03']I might have to get this when my trade-in credit gets approved at Amazon.

Is there anywhere to get the transfer kit for free, or a small fee?[/QUOTE]There's a thread in the 360 forum for another group starting up a conga to pass it around between CAGs. It won't be quick, though it'll just be S&H costs to get it to the next CAG in the conga.

You can get it from Microsoft if you call their tech support, and it's $14 or so, if I remember correctly.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's a thread in the 360 forum for another group starting up a conga to pass it around between CAGs. It won't be quick, though it'll just be S&H costs to get it to the next CAG in the conga.

You can get it from Microsoft if you call their tech support, and it's $14 or so, if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

You mean I could get the 60GB hdd if I call MS? Is the forum on xbox.com or CAG?

the transfer kit is free from MS - you just need to find the order form and provide the S/N of your Xbox and some other info. as far as I recall it's just a cable.

[quote name='yruluis']You mean I could get the 60GB hdd if I call MS? Is the forum on xbox.com or CAG?[/QUOTE]

Try reading the post he is quoting from?

[quote name='yruluis']You mean I could get the 60GB hdd if I call MS? Is the forum on xbox.com or CAG?[/QUOTE]The transfer kit is something you get from MS, not the HDD.

Link to the thread is on here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248843

[quote name='caldazar']the transfer kit is free from MS - you just need to find the order form and provide the S/N of your Xbox and some other info. as far as I recall it's just a cable.[/QUOTE]It used to be free, it's not any more. It's $14, from what multiple CAGs have mentioned in the 360 forum.

It's a cable plus a CD, and it's an application that copies all of the files from the smaller drive to the larger drive and wipes the smaller drive in the process.

[quote name='caldazar']the transfer kit is free from MS - you just need to find the order form and provide the S/N of your Xbox and some other info. as far as I recall it's just a cable.[/QUOTE]

They charged me like $13 for mine.

[quote name='shrike4242']The transfer kit is something you get from MS, not the HDD.

Link to the thread is on here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248843

It used to be free, it's not any more. It's $14, from what multiple CAGs have mentioned in the 360 forum.

It's a cable plus a CD, and it's an application that copies all of the files from the smaller drive to the larger drive and wipes the smaller drive in the process.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I'll be sure to borrow my neighbor's cable if/when I get an upgrade then :D

bread's done
Back