"Xbox 720" Business Plan was Real?

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
Well I guess the leaked 56 page document talking about the next xbox may have not be a hoax as many people speculated. Whether or not the plan form this document is still accurate is another issue but its validity seems to be legit. The fact MS cites actual copyright for these documents would mean they are true. Anyway it is interesting and I might have to look closer at what was in these things.

http://news.yahoo.com/leaked-xbox-720-pricing-details-likely-real-180045372.html

Anyone know if there was anything other than "The supposed internal document pointed to a $299 price point for Microsoft’s “Xbox 720,” and it also outlined specs for the unit, including Blu-ray support and true 1080p output, as well as a new Kinect 2 motion and voice-based controller" that's worthwhile info in the leaked stuff? I could have guessed all of that myself other than the 300 dollar price.

It might be real, but its probably heavily outdated at this point, and I bet alot/majority of the things in the plan won't end up in the 720

I remember hearing something that it wasn't real which might have been MS trying to do damage control. The fact they are sending cease and desists to sites hosting the business plan would show that they are real regardless if it's old outdated info. Having this out would be bad as it allows MS's competitors know the mindset MS is/was in.

Outdated or not it clearly has concepts and ideas that could still be used at a later date or stolen by the competition.

Damn...a $300 launch point would really lay the ground work to destroy Nintendo and Sony. That just seems too reasonable to be true, lol. Unless MS really plans on stealing a page out of the Wii's playbook in putting a box in as many homes as possible, and then hooking people with XBL Gold subscriptions (considering all of the entertainment options now), Kinect games, and other 1st party products, $299 just seems crazy low. Considering the everlasting state of the economy and the general public's reluctance to move on to the next generation of gaming systems, I'd welcome this move though.

bread's done
Back