Xbox Arcade + $50 egift card - $149 + tax/shipping - Walmart.com (in store also)

Does Wal*Mart sell the 360 HDD's? I'd like to jump on this deal, but only if I can turn around and use the gift card on a HDD (I refuse to pay the full price that MS dares to charge).

You can't use the free site-to-store shipping. The cheapest shipping is going to be $4.97. Not to bad I guess.

[quote name='AwRy108']Does Wal*Mart sell the 360 HDD's? I'd like to jump on this deal, but only if I can turn around and use the gift card on a HDD (I refuse to pay the full price that MS dares to charge).[/QUOTE]

That's what I would like to know. I've got a $125 Arcade with a $90 250gb lined up, but I really don't need 250gb and would rather just pay less and get a 60gb.

[quote name='hellhunde']. . . I really don't need 250gb and would rather just pay less and get a 60gb.[/QUOTE]

You might be surprised how quickly a 60gb HDD will fill up if you install a few games to it.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']You might be surprised how quickly a 60gb HDD will fill up if you install a few games to it.[/QUOTE]

I've used 120gb HDD on my brother's 360 and it usually hovered around 60gb used. I would rather have bigger, but I'm not sure what sizes Walmart carries. Does anyone know?

Tough choice really. I would love to have the new system over anything but for this price I feel like I'm getting a steal.

I use a rebate site for Walmart too which currently has a 4% rebate with it. That's $6 back and when you sign-up with me as a referral you'll get $5 bonus. So you'll get $11 extra coming back. I have $4.xx in my account so I'd be able to pull $10 back from it. I really have no use at all for this though.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']You might be surprised how quickly a 60gb HDD will fill up if you install a few games to it.[/QUOTE]
I don't install games. I have the 20GB on my 360 I bought almost 5 years ago.

[quote name='xbox lives on']I don't install games. [/QUOTE]

If you want to burn out your noisy optical drive, be my guest.

You probably play DVDs on your 360 rather than on a $10 DVD player as well.

How many games are you playing at one time? I have 4 games installed + arcade games + over 100 games worth of saves and I still have almost 25GB of space left.

[quote name='Eviltwinof_Tom']This has been matched by Amazon.com; they are offering a $50 game credit.[/QUOTE]

thanks for this - was about to head out to walmart

149 free ship no tax with a $50 credit? no brainer. i will just use it as an extra media center in my guest bedroom.

[quote name='John187']anyone been to instore walmart yet to confirm the 149 +50 gc?[/QUOTE]i picked up mine there earlier today

I'm heading out to my local Wal Mart right now. Hopefully there are some Arcades in stock!

My original 360 from '06 has been dead since March and I'm dying to play Red Dead Redemption. This deal is an absolute steal.

[quote name='John187']anyone been to instore walmart yet to confirm the 149 +50 gc?[/QUOTE]
went at about 11pm yesterday and walmart had 8+ arcade spring bundles. Lady wouldn't even pull one out the case to scan it. She said "the tag says $199 so that's the price, no need to scan it" After some arguing I told the manager and she wanted to resolve the issue but I said "target has my sale now, sorry."

Ended up making my order through amazon today so maybe it was meant to be?

How do the employees know an egift card comes with the purchase. May drive to walmart later today, just don't want to waste a trip.

[quote name='1badta']How do the employees know an egift card comes with the purchase. May drive to walmart later today, just don't want to waste a trip.[/QUOTE]

When I picked mine up last night I mentioned the giftcard and she was like 'yeah, the computer just told me to do that.'

So I guess it is in the system as they ring you up, it alerts the employee to add the bonus card.

By the way, this was such an excellent deal for a backup/secondary 360.

[quote name='AwRy108']Does Wal*Mart sell the 360 HDD's? I'd like to jump on this deal, but only if I can turn around and use the gift card on a HDD (I refuse to pay the full price that MS dares to charge).[/QUOTE]

Just buy a generic HDD on ebay for half the price. That's what I did and I've had no problems with it except having extra cash.

[quote name='John187']anyone been to instore walmart yet to confirm the 149 +50 gc?[/QUOTE]
Did a price match (bought a 360 two weeks ago for $199) and got the $50 price adjustment and $50 GC, so it does seem they're doing it instore as well.

dammit i just bought this yesterday from walmart and now target is 130 with a 50 dollar gift card will walmart price match target?

[quote name='m1214']dammit i just bought this yesterday from walmart and now target is 130 with a 50 dollar gift card will walmart price match target?[/QUOTE]

Did you buy it in-store? If so did you get the GC? I am thinking about getting one of these.

Went to my target and they were only giving the 30 dollar gift card. So went to walmart and got the 50 dollar gift card. Had plenty of them in stock.

[quote name='parab01a']Did you buy it in-store? If so did you get the GC? I am thinking about getting one of these.[/QUOTE]
Yes i did buy it in store and did receive a gift card

[quote name='1badta']Went to my target and they were only giving the 30 dollar gift card. So went to walmart and got the 50 dollar gift card. Had plenty of them in stock.[/QUOTE]

I do not understand how one Target can differ from another Target. I picked my system up yesterday. The price on the shelf was $130 plus I received the $50 gift card. The tax was calculated on the system which is listed as $80.00 on the receipt so about five dollars and some change.

Got one at walmart today. Never did I imagine buying a 360 until they started clearing these out. I was gonna wait until my boatload of amazon credit comes in from gazelle, but the spring bundles would most likely be gone by then, not to mention the 50 dollar GC.

Pretty good deal, I'm happy so far :)

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Got one at walmart today. Never did I imagine buying a 360 until they started clearing these out.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way, was going to get a PS3 Slim sometime soon since i have a launch 60gb and saw this deal. Decided to bite today and first store was out and second store was the luck, am going to set it up tomorrow. Would have got from AMAZon but didn't want to wait on shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']If you want to burn out your noisy optical drive, be my guest.

You probably play DVDs on your 360 rather than on a $10 DVD player as well.[/QUOTE]
like I said, its been doing me fine for 5 years now and way to jump to a random conclusion. I don't burn games onto my harddrive therefore I must not have a DVD player?

:roll:

[quote name='MSI Magus']Are these the arcade models that come with Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata boxed in? If so I think I am sold on this.[/QUOTE]

The store near me had 2 with the games, the rest did not.

The deal is dead on there online sites. Does anyone know if its still going on in the stores? If not then besty buy has the best deal on xbox arcades $150 with a $30 gift card

Deal is dead in store, atleast it was at my store! I went just about 30 mins ago and they said this was a fathers day deal they ran a few extra days. I had them ring it up to make sure and sure enough it rang up no $50 GC.

bread's done
Back