Xbox Arcade + Bonus Wireless Controller $190 at Amazon

If the deal were for an arcade plus wireless adapter, even at $199.99 I'd buy it. I have no need for the extra controller as I already have 4.

Sooo tempting, as my 360 broke back in January and most of my current-gen games are on 360, but I think I'll be patient and wait for the highly-rumored 360 slim.

Were there this much rumors before the Elite or PS3 slim came out? I'm trying to figure out if there is some substance behind these rumors or if I should wait it out and see what happens. If the same patterns occurred before, then it could indicate that a slim will be coming out soon.

damn i am glad I pounced on it this morning then. I usually never pull the trigger but at 159. I might have done it even without the free controller

[quote name='Nebenator']I disagree. After wiring the house I can stream full 1080p movies in multiple formats to any xbox on the network with windows media center, or just by connecting to the computers. Both the 360 and PS3 are "capped" at 1080p, but the 360 has a higher GPU to sustain the streaming with no lag.[/QUOTE]

When I had my 360 and when I used my cousins AND my friends 360, we always had trouble with streaming. Windows media center isn't even the best for doing so anyways. TVersity is awesome for that. Also, does your 360 always have to update when playing files because on ALL three Xbox 360's you would always have to be connected to live so that it could "update" the 360 in order for it to play .avi/.mp4 (h264) files. But, then again it could have been because I was trying to play files from a flash drive..

I don't know why it's like this, but I'm assuming you never run into this problem if you are always connected to live...

Also, it's surprising you mentioned movie formats and how that's your main use for the 360s when the PS3 supports more formats and it can do 5.1 AAC LC with the h.264 format while the Xbox 360 only supports 2.1 AAC LC (fix this Microsoft! =/ ). Also, I don't have any of those annoying updates you have to do EVERYTIME you want to watch something on the 360.

Anyways, I would rather have the PS3 for streaming movies and such (I wouldn't buy multiple PS3s though!), but the Xbox 360 is better in playing music while gaming.

[quote name='K_G']Ummm, maybe because an arcade is half the price of the PS3, given you can trade in the second free controller for $15 or so.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you understood my question. I'm aware that this is a great deal, lol...

Tempting, but with the possibility of a new slim, I would rather hold off and sell one of my 360's for cheap and get a new model :)

New model will only be worth it if they integrate wi-fi, IMO. They are likely to do some Natal bundle for the Slim Xbox 360

[quote name='Jonsoncao']Yah, but

how about 360 is for parties, PS3 online infrastructure sux too much for good online experience[/QUOTE]

It may not be as good as live, but it doesn't really detract that much from your online experience and it by no means sucks. In my honest opinion, I have the same exact experience on Live and PSN. I've played Uncharted 2, Street Fighter IV, Battlefield BC II (mainly the beta. I haven't had much time to play the full version), and Warhawk online. All great.

[quote name='mdmola']It may not be as good as live, but it doesn't really detract that much from your online experience and it by no means sucks. In my honest opinion, I have the same exact experience on Live and PSN. I've played Uncharted 2, Street Fighter IV, Battlefield BC II (mainly the beta. I haven't had much time to play the full version), and Warhawk online. All great.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but did you play any of those games on the PS3 while being able to talk to friends and family that are not playing the game with you? The lack of party chat or hell, even private chat while playing a game on the PS3 is ridiculous. Its gotten to the point where me and my friends will have both our PS3s and 360s on just so we can chat while playing different PS3 games.

Well it sucks it's back up to $200 I missed out on my own deal but I'll just wait it out and hope I dont get the RROD anytime soon.

[quote name='adawg555']Yes, but did you play any of those games on the PS3 while being able to talk to friends and family that are not playing the game with you? The lack of party chat or hell, even private chat while playing a game on the PS3 is ridiculous. Its gotten to the point where me and my friends will have both our PS3s and 360s on just so we can chat while playing different PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's just preference then. It's a feature that I don't really mind not being on PSN, but it would be great if it was. I'm more about local online multiplayer>anything else. Also, if I really wanted to talk to my friends while playing a video game, I'd just call them. Problem is that if you get me deep into an RPG like Dragon Age of Final Fantasy X, I can't really talk to anyone as I'm deeply immersed. When I played on my Xbox 360 a lot, when Gears came out, I still never used the party chat that much. It's definitely a great addition to have, but by no means necessary for me. Wi-fi and and free online are a bigger incentive to me in addition to some of the games you can buy. I don't even use the blu-ray player, but that's just an extra bonus!

Shit, can't believe I missed this. Constantly get worried my 360 (which is one sent to me from Microsoft after my original RROD) is gonna fail me.

Any chance Amazon brings this deal back to life?

[quote name='mdmola']When I had my 360 and when I used my cousins AND my friends 360, we always had trouble with streaming. Windows media center isn't even the best for doing so anyways. TVersity is awesome for that. Also, does your 360 always have to update when playing files because on ALL three Xbox 360's you would always have to be connected to live so that it could "update" the 360 in order for it to play .avi/.mp4 (h264) files. But, then again it could have been because I was trying to play files from a flash drive..

I don't know why it's like this, but I'm assuming you never run into this problem if you are always connected to live...

Also, it's surprising you mentioned movie formats and how that's your main use for the 360s when the PS3 supports more formats and it can do 5.1 AAC LC with the h.264 format while the Xbox 360 only supports 2.1 AAC LC (fix this Microsoft! =/ ). Also, I don't have any of those annoying updates you have to do EVERYTIME you want to watch something on the 360.
[/QUOTE]
I don't seem to have any of those problems. I regularly watch 1080p mp4 and mt2s files on my 360 with no updates. And as you said, it may be because I'm using wired connection. I also heard that Windows 7 "fixed" all streaming problems. Whatever, the difference in 360 and PS3 streaming isn't much, so if PS3 works better for you, use it instead.

[quote name='Nebenator']I don't seem to have any of those problems. I regularly watch 1080p mp4 and mt2s files on my 360 with no updates. And as you said, it may be because I'm using wired connection. I also heard that Windows 7 "fixed" all streaming problems. Whatever, the difference in 360 and PS3 streaming isn't much, so if PS3 works better for you, use it instead.[/QUOTE]

It definitely must be windows 7 then. But, then again all those times when we tried streaming, it we were using Windows XP and not Vista...

Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that your connection was wired either. Anyways, I was just expressing my thoughts on the multimedia capabilities. Both are good for streaming, but they have their limits.

I use windows 7 to stream 1080p .mkv, .mt2s, and .mp4 files to my 360 via media center all the time.

[quote name='mdmola']It definitely must be windows 7 then. But, then again all those times when we tried streaming, it we were using Windows XP and not Vista...

Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that your connection was wired either. Anyways, I was just expressing my thoughts on the multimedia capabilities. Both are good for streaming, but they have their limits.[/QUOTE]
But really you cannot see why someone would only want only multiple 360s (or PS3s)? There are a shit ton of reasons, which can range from hardware investment, to community, all the way down to exclusives preference. Believe it or not there are people who have absolutely no interest in every single 360/PS3 exclusive -- they are usually just blatant fan boys, but they exist. For others the exclusives look enticing but are not good enough to invest in a brand new system + hardware.

I dont see why you wouldnt want more than one just in case. I mean when they were all 300+ a piece I might see that as a little crazy but for 159 dollars? hell that is nothing especially to go from a near launch unit to a new one. I cant wait to get my new quiet one and have an HDMI port also

[quote name='Armor42']I use windows 7 to stream 1080p .mkv, .mt2s, and .mp4 files to my 360 via media center all the time.[/QUOTE]

Since when does the xbox 360 support .mkv? Or are you transcoding the file you're streaming to another windows media player format?

[quote name='Kezmer']I dont see why you wouldnt want more than one just in case. I mean when they were all 300+ a piece I might see that as a little crazy but for 159 dollars? hell that is nothing especially to go from a near launch unit to a new one. I cant wait to get my new quiet one and have an HDMI port also[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's not what I'm saying. If it's as cheap as $150, then yeah a multimedia capable console for multi rooms with HDTVs isn't so crazy. I was just asking because I thought there was someone here who was only buying Xbox 360s and that would just be silly considering the games we've been seeing come out on the PS3. I know it's all about preference, but for me it's mainly about the games more than anything else. I don't like missing the best games, regardless of console.

I can beat the 200$ price with an extra controller any day of the week. Bring back the walmart 199$ with 100$ gift card special. Still sitting on +15 units :)

I need either one of these or an Xbox slim. I was looking at when the rumors were released for both the Elite and the PS3 slim, and it seems like it took 3-4 months after the rumor for the actual product to release. So we may not see the Xbox slim until September. But yeah, I hope they bring back this price sometime in the next two months.

Damn I should have ordered one for $159, I didn't hear about this potential/possible $50 hardware bonus at Game Stop...would have been a really good way to get rid of my out of warranty 360 and get a brand new one. After selling the 20GB HDD I have left over from my new 250GB, I think it would have been about an even swap and I'd have an extra controller too....

Its great to own multiple consoles so you don't miss exclusives. But I gota admit with over 110+ games on my 360 (not including XBLA titles) and having a Wii on the side its not worth throwing down another 360+ just to play a certain PS3 game. Investing in another 360 around $150 is worth it to me because me and the wife have two xboxes and I gurantee one will shit the bed in three years. If you did your research you'll know MS wants $100 to fix any console out of the rrod warranty. With all my games a investment of $150 is easily worth it knowing my 100+ games won't go to waste when my xbox starts blinking the red eyes at me.

Just want to update I got my Unit from this sale today and It was manufactured on 08-01-2009 and is the 12.1a PSU so from what I remember it is a Jasper unit.

I have to admit I am pretty damned surprised I got it this quick since I did the Free super saver shipping option. I havent even hit up Big Lots yet for an HDMI cable

[quote name='mdmola']Since when does the xbox 360 support .mkv? Or are you transcoding the file you're streaming to another windows media player format?[/QUOTE]

Nope, straight up downloading .mkvs, turning on the xbox, opening media center, pressing play :)

however, some older .mkvs don't seem to work. But since the majority do, \\:D/

[quote name='Armor42']Nope, straight up downloading .mkvs, turning on the xbox, opening media center, pressing play :)

however, some older .mkvs don't seem to work. But since the majority do, \\:D/[/QUOTE]

This is windows 7 only right? my 360 won't play any mkv through a vista mc pc

[quote name='Kezmer']Just want to update I got my Unit from this sale today and It was manufactured on 08-01-2009 and is the 12.1a PSU so from what I remember it is a Jasper unit.

I have to admit I am pretty damned surprised I got it this quick since I did the Free super saver shipping option. I havent even hit up Big Lots yet for an HDMI cable[/QUOTE]

You might pick up an HDMI cable from monoprice.com. Super cheap and very good quality. Highly recommended. Just don't buy their VGA cable for the 360 - that thing sucks balls. Stick to just standard cables from monoprice.

bread's done
Back