Xbox Arcade for $130 @ Target + $30 GC

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This deal would work out to be like Amazon's or Walmart's to be about $100 for an Xbox Arcade. However some Target stores are giving $50 GiftCards instead of $30. Apparently the Weekly Ad for Target listed the Xbox Arcade to include a wired headset, to compensate for the error Target has reduce the price an additional $20.

from Target.com:

Includes game console and 1 wireless controller.
The Xbox 360 Arcade game does not include a wired headset. To compensate for this error the price will be further reduced to $130.00. (Value of wired headset is $19.99)

FREE $30 TARGET GIFTCARD® with purchase of this XBOX 360 system! Quantities limited; no rain checks. Terms and conditions apply to GiftCards.

edit: This deal is good again this week. No more $50 GC, only $30 GC now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='romeogbs19']Here we go again -- the RROD WAS a problem but those who keep bringing it up now as a negative against buying a 360 are more fanboy than practical gamer. Since MS released the Jaspers, the RROD is pretty much a non-issue.

That, and MS still warranties these Arcades (and all other new consoles) with a 3 year warranty against the RROD.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think the new XBox 360 slims may only have a 1 year warranty (I have a boxed one in front of me). And of course, although they can certainly fail, they have no red lights in them, therefore no technical RROD. The new design hasn't been out long enough for any failure rates, but by the end of the year we'll probably be hearing about the overall reliability of the new slims. I know for sure I was MORE than happy to trade away my launch 360 non-hdmi system (still working fine) for one of these new systems, well worth the deal.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Is it 3 year warranty from when MS started the offer is it a 3 year warranty after you buy the console? I might return the arcade and just buy the elite.[/QUOTE]

The RROD warranty is a 3 year warranty from the date you bought it. Xbox's official warranty site says exactly this.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Actually I think the new XBox 360 slims may only have a 1 year warranty (I have a boxed one in front of me). And of course, although they can certainly fail, they have no red lights in them, therefore no technical RROD. The new design hasn't been out long enough for any failure rates, but by the end of the year we'll probably be hearing about the overall reliability of the new slims. I know for sure I was MORE than happy to trade away my launch 360 non-hdmi system (still working fine) for one of these new systems, well worth the deal.[/QUOTE]

The standard Xbox warranty has always been 1 year. MS just added the 3-year warranty to cover the RROD. To the best of my knowledge, the Xbox Slims come ONLY with the 1 year warranty and not with the 3-year RROD. Note the Xbox Slim can't actually do the RROD since it just emits that red dot ;-)

As for whether the Slims are more reliable, I agree we won't know for some time. We do know the Jaspers are fairly reliable and, well, they are covered for three years regardless. The Slims should be reliable but there are concerns due to MS meshing the chips together and not doing anything about the fan. It could be that he newly combined chip overheats, too -- but again, we won't know for sure until more reliability reports come out. Clearly, the Net is already witness to some of the Slims dying.

You'll be able to play all games with the arcade and save onto the 512mb memory device (or your own personal USB sticks). The only major difference is the hard drive which you'll need if you want to install games and download big stuff from XBL.

[quote name='thakingrocka']you need the hard drive for BC also for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Might be able to use a USB stick instead no? The latest update allows 2 16gb usb sticks to bused as storage.

[quote name='eldergamer']I can go wrong by spending $130 on something that's going to break in 6 months.[/QUOTE]
You're the one who asked for help. Sarcastic thank yous are unnecessary.:roll:

[quote name='trip1eX']Might be able to use a USB stick instead no? The latest update allows 2 16gb usb sticks to bused as storage.[/QUOTE]

I tried with a usb stick, didn't work. Got a message saying you need a hard drive for backwards compatibility.

[quote name='Guy Legend']I tried with a usb stick, didn't work. Got a message saying you need a hard drive for backwards compatibility.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, there's a small partition on the hard drive that is used for BC.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']so what do you advise, 360 arcade or elite, I don't plan to go on live any time soon. Just want to play some exclusive games on the 360.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, then all you need is the Arcade unit. If you need to save, then use a USB drive.

Only game I play on my 360 at the moment is SSF4 :) Don't have time for anything else -- fighting games are the only ones with absolutely little to no commitment.

What is the best headset to get? Can I plug in a different, non-gaming headset, like cell phone ear buds or something?

[quote name='regis100']What is the best headset to get? Can I plug in a different, non-gaming headset, like cell phone ear buds or something?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you can use those.
I personally prefer cordless phone headsets. They are more comfortable then the MS ones.

[quote name='hordak']Right, but couldn't you just hold onto it unopened until your receipt expires? That way, if you find a Spring Bundle, you can easily exchange it.[/QUOTE]

SCORE!!! I called a Target today that had a Spring Bundle. I had them hold it for me, and I exchanged my unopened 360 arcade for it. :bouncy:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I hate to take this thread off topic, but that is contrary to everything I've been reading about using a laptop drive; granted, the process is still pretty painless, but can you confirm that it "just works"?[/QUOTE]

It 'works', but you'll only be able to format up to 16gb for the xbox to use as storage.

Might as well just put that money towards a 16gb flash drive.

so is it ymmv if I find a spring bundle in may area and I try to exchange it for an unopened arcade with receipt I bought on the 4th? What about the price difference?

[quote name='kube00']so is it ymmv if I find a spring bundle in may area and I try to exchange it for an unopened arcade with receipt I bought on the 4th? What about the price difference?[/QUOTE]

Same price... just do an even exchange. It's only YMMV if you are/aren't able to find a Spring Bundle.

I know this was posted awhile ago but i was just curious if anyone knows if they are still running any kind of promotion on the arcades.

Thanks

[quote name='xXplicitXx']I know this was posted awhile ago but i was just curious if anyone knows if they are still running any kind of promotion on the arcades.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You're too late, man. You can still get one though for $129.99 at Target (I think). That's still a good deal, even without the giftcard.

Note though that the Arcade S will hit in the Fall for $199.99 (probably) and will include wi-fi and some more hard-disk space (probably), if that those matter to you.

They still have them in store for 129.99? Nah, I already got the 250gb HDD, i just wanted a cheap alternative to replace my old one with one with an HDMI port.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='hordak']SCORE!!! I called a Target today that had a Spring Bundle. I had them hold it for me, and I exchanged my unopened 360 arcade for it. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

so I can exchange my arcade unit that I bought during the sale for a spring bundle after the sale? That sounds great, but exactly how does it work?

Confirmed. No more gift cards with the Arcade purchases unless/until another sale rolls around. They are still selling the Arcades for $130 w/o gift cards at the moment.

My fucking console got hit by a bolt of lightning yesterday and RRODed. It's out of warranty, so I may need to hit up this deal, even without the giftcard.

[quote name='Ionotropic']My fucking console got hit by a bolt of lightning yesterday and RRODed. It's out of warranty, so I may need to hit up this deal, even without the giftcard.[/QUOTE]

You should wait for one of Amazon's 'Lightning Deals'.

just as a heads up i read about this deal on here last week so i went to a few targets in the north new jersey/south new york area; they had signs for $129 xbox 360 and $30 gc, but none of them had any spring bundles in stock. so i ordered it online at target.com for 130 with no gc, and now it looks like they jacked the online price back up to 150

Is Target still selling them for $130 in stores? Because the website says it's $150, is the price different in-store?

[quote name='Mr. Brown']Is Target still selling them for $130 in stores? Because the website says it's $150, is the price different in-store?[/QUOTE]

Prices on the site and in-store should sync up so if it says 150 on the site, should be 150 in-store.

Doesn't hurt to check though -- just ask someone to scan it for you.

I just checked a couple days ago in store. The cheapest consoles they have are the Arcade 250 MB internal memory with Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata for $150. There are new SKUs hitting in August which you may wanna check out.

bread's done
Back