Xbox Banning Discussion

I just got banned few days ago for marketplace theft. I did not use any illegal redemption codes, I was using a 7 day trial code. I did not ever license transfer for the entire 8 years I had my Xbox . They banned me for life. I tried calling them , they cannot sort it out. I tried contacting enforcement team, but they give me same copy and paste message. Is there anyway to contact them directly by chat or call . Normal support do not deal with these it's annoying. Only dlc I recently downloaded was saints row 3 for free. Free because I purchased the the full package which gives me all the dlc to download from in game store

I just got banned few days ago for marketplace theft. I did not use any illegal redemption codes, I was using a 7 day trial code. I did not ever license transfer for the entire 8 years I had my Xbox . They banned me for life. I tried calling them , they cannot sort it out. I tried contacting enforcement team, but they give me same copy and paste message. Is there anyway to contact them directly by chat or call . Normal support do not deal with these it's annoying. Only dlc I recently downloaded was saints row 3 for free. Free because I purchased the the full package which gives me all the dlc to download from in game store
I have tried everything to contact Live Enforcement Team after they banned my 8 years old XBL account for something that I didn't do ... They don't give anyone a chance to discuss a ban ... they are a punch of good for nothing retards ....There's nothing you can do to get your account back .. I'm sorry ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain the "free games" thing to me
You sign up for Xbox Live Gold and Microsoft gives you two free games a month. On the 360, you keep the games for life. On the Xbox One, you need to be an active Gold member to play them.

Question, I just got an Xbox One, but before I got one, my account was also on my friend's xbox one. 

Yesterday I bought Minecraft, and it downloaded on my console, but my friend who did not buy it saw it was automatically downloading to his console too.

He deleted my account thinking it would stop and he would be able to buy it, but the xbox one store just says "play". It doesn't give him the option to buy it.

Is he at risk for a ban? If so how does he fix it?

Another pair of people I know locally had this happen to them too.

Question, I just got an Xbox One, but before I got one, my account was also on my friend's xbox one.

Yesterday I bought Minecraft, and it downloaded on my console, but my friend who did not buy it saw it was automatically downloading to his console too.

He deleted my account thinking it would stop and he would be able to buy it, but the xbox one store just says "play". It doesn't give him the option to buy it.

Is he at risk for a ban? If so how does he fix it?

Another pair of people I know locally had this happen to them too.
After you bought a One, did you set your console as the "home" console? I'm guessing if you didn't then it would default to your friend's Xbox since you made the account there (and presumably, automatically set it as the home console). I don't think you'll get banned for that (though I think sharing season passes this way is a big no no).

After you bought a One, did you set your console as the "home" console? I'm guessing if you didn't then it would default to your friend's Xbox since you made the account there (and presumably, automatically set it as the home console). I don't think you'll get banned for that (though I think sharing season passes this way is a big no no).
This fixed it! Thanks! :D

Has anyone ran into issues using the codes in the xbox live buy/sell forums? I have no idea where people get those codes from so as far as we know they could be points cards purchased with a stolen card or something along those lines or other less than wholesome ways involving bing or something. Never thought of it before but it kinda worries me now...9 years gold with almost all digital titles on xbox one with 3 consoles.

Man, the forum search is balls. This was the most relevant place to post

Anyway, I don't even own an Xbox 360 or Xbox One anymore. Traded it in back in 2013.

But I still would win codes online and redeem them to add to my account. Obviously I don't check every site that I win something from. I guess now I should. But it's fucked up that this is possible IF this is the reason.

On Dec. 18th I was banned for Marketplace Theft. Back in August of 2015, MS changed the ban resolution system from posting on their forum to using this web form. Maybe this new system will work out better.

Not sure what the reason for my banning was. Maybe a Twitter RT contest I won, and someone got mad I unfollowed, so they reported a stolen code? Regardless, I'll follow up with the reason if I find out.

I've been pretty calm about this so far.

Edit:

Their response was empty and useless. I've just made a new account and am in the process of re-linking everything... whoopee.

i apologize for resurrecting this topic but this week scores of people in china have been banned for marketplace theft. as usual microsoft does not provide a reason other than the vague description of "marketplace theft". from reading forum posts it seems that most people are banned because they have purchased digital content from other regions. yes mainland china xbox ones are region locked. but hongkong xbox ones are region free, and people with hongkong xbox ones who have bought games from other regions such as US and russia are banned. microsoft's enforcement team seems to be a bit "merciful" this time and many people have reported success of getting the ban reversed by appealing.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4480740929

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4479127589

583b7ea98226cffc9f62c71cbe014a90f703ea57.jpg

anyway, stay safe and don't mess with cross-region digital content.

bread's done
Back