Xbox Collectibles

Raiikoh

CAGiversary!
5-10 years from now what xbox games/accessories do you see being sought after as collectibles?
I think if Microsoft puts as much into backwards compatability as Sony, there should be more games that will be deemed "collectibles"

Obviously that ginormous Steel Battalion controller is/will be collectable.

And after years of making fun of it, I went out and picked up an original Xbox 'Duke' controller, just so I can have one. I dunno if it will ever be collectable, but they got rid of them pretty fast and you can only really find them used now.

And those Halo2 translucent green live headsets Im sure are collectable.

anything else?

The HALO 2 headsets might now be....they blew those out CHEAP. I still have one sealed.

However, I also have the GREEN HALO XBOX console with controller and box. Those might be collectible (along with the Crystal one and Mt. Dew one)

Any special edition consoles will be collectible. Even the Halo edition will still command a premium. Any kind of rare or one-of-a-kind things like beta discs, prototypes, the hardware refresh disc, and retail kiosk displays/demos should be of interest to collectors as well.

I can't think of many games or accessories released at retail that would be considered collectible. Maybe Marvel vs. Capcom 2 since it went out of print so soon. I doubt Steel Battalion will be worth more than it's original $200 price tag for quite some time. There are a few games that were only sold at certain retailers (Sneakers at TRU, certain Outlaw sports games and Freestyle Street Soccer at Blockbuster), but I don't think they were rare enough or good enough to be considered collectibles.

Even the HALO LE console does not command a premium. I'm curious if it ever will....should I save it for 5 years or just dump it now for extra cash.

How about the Silent Scope gun thing? I'm hoping someone's gonna say no, 'cause I was waiting on buying one for $10 at BB and my friend snagged it!!! That piece of shit...

bread's done
Back