Xbox Controller on PC?

bob101910

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I have a xbox wireless controller and a play and charge kit. I have friends that have gotten a wireless controller to work on their PC, but they said it asked to update drivers automatically when they plugged in the play and charge kit.

I bought Street Fighter 4 from Steam (On sale for $5 and has Achievements!!!) thinking it would be easy to play.

I did not get the option to auto update drivers. Using Google I found that you can download a driver to get it to work, but finding that driver is another story.

I did find something that led me to DriverMax. I downloaded DriverMax, but I'm not sure how to download the driver from here http://www.drivermax.com/driver/upd...less-Controller-via-Play---Charge-Kit/1097589

When I click "Click here to download driver" it just brings me back to downloading DriverMax.

Any help please? I rarely play PC games so this is all new to me.

You need a special wireless adapter for pc. If you had a wired controller its just plug and play, but wireless controllers require a receiver.

homeland is correct, for wireless 360 controllers you HAVE to purchase the wireless receiver. The play and charge cable only connects the power connectors on USB, no data connection is made whatsoever.

Good luck finding one in a store anymore. I'm pretty sure MS discontinued them a long time ago. You're probably better off just spending $30 on a wired controller.

bread's done
Back