XBOX Customer Care is Clueless - Superman Doomsday

BladeZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was home sick for a couple of weeks and ended up really appreciating HD Movie downloads from the marketplace. I probably watched 3-4 movies from there. Normally, I wouldn't pay that much, but since I am still burning up my half price points (from CC) I figures why not. Anyway, a few months back they were heavily advertising Superman Doomsday and it's nowhere to be found in the video store. My request to microsoft is below along with their completely unrelated response. Do they just have bots respon to email inquiries now?? jeez...

My question:
Superman: Doomsday can no longer be found on the Video Store. Why has it been removed? I'd like to watch it, in HD no less. It's still advertised on the website as being available, but I've searched through all categories and can't find it.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/moviestv/wbmovies.htm

Their response:

Hello BladeZ

Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support!

We are sorry for the inconvenience and as I understand, you cannot see banners or featured downloads in the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Banners and featured downloads are examples of online content. You can access the following offline information:
  • Games
  • Tournaments
  • Entertainment
  • All the rewards
  • Endless possibilities
  • What are you waiting for?

You will experience this behavior if you are under 18 (a minor) or if you access the Xbox Live Marketplace by using a minor's account.

Currently, banner ads do not have a content rating. Therefore, banner ads will not appear if you access the Xbox Live Marketplace by using a minor's account

There is no workaround for this behavior. This behavior is a built-in feature to help prevent minors from accessing certain areas of the Xbox Live service without a parent’s approval.

Xbox Live uses the information that is associated with your Windows Live ID account (the e-mail address and password that you use to sign in to the Windows Live ID). When you create a Windows Live ID account, you have to enter your age. After Xbox Live identifies you as a minor, you cannot change the age that is associated with your Xbox Live account.

For more information about the parental control feature, visit the following Web site:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/personality/elle/20060402-parentsguidetofamilysettings.htm

The Family Settings restriction could be the reason why you cannot download or see certain content. For more information, click the following articles: http://support.microsoft.com/908212; http://support.microsoft.com/917500.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) so we can expedite our service to you.

You may also call Xbox Phone Support at 1-800-4MYXBOX (1-800-469-9269) at your earliest convenience, and we’ll be happy to help you. We are open everyday from 8am to 12mn US Central Time.

To expedite service, please provide Service Request Number xxxxxxxxxx when you call.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Sincerely,
Krafft
Xbox Customer Care

[quote name='ITDEFX']just buy it on dvd... you will like it and want to keep it.[/quote]

Yea, that is all fine and dandy, except the whole point is that we are looking at how damn stupid MS customer support is.

Yeah, it's my understanding that the content providers make a contract for the length of time that their content will show up on XBL. I've had a couple of occasions when I've wanted to see a movie that was once on XBL and it wasn't available any more.

While MS Customer Support is pretty fucking stupid for not understanding your question, I find it rather ironic that someone who has to go call MS Customer Support for something so trivial is calling ANYONE "Clueless".

[quote name='PyroGamer']While MS Customer Support is pretty fucking stupid for not understanding your question, I find it rather ironic that someone who has to go call MS Customer Support for something so trivial is calling ANYONE "Clueless".[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone has some daddy issues.... It's ok, really...

[quote name='BladeZ']Looks like someone has some daddy issues.... It's ok, really...[/QUOTE]

oooOOO0000

FIGHT ! FIGHT ! FIGHT ! FIGHT ! FIGHT !

[quote name='jakehoss']oooOOO0000

FIGHT ! FIGHT ! FIGHT ! FIGHT ! FIGHT ! [/QUOTE]

Daaaaaaayyyyuuumm. You just gonna take that? It's time for a forum brawl :p.

[quote name='Gamehead']Daaaaaaayyyyuuumm. You just gonna take that? It's time for a forum brawl :p.[/QUOTE]
bfight_sacha_baron_cohen_240x180.jpg

bread's done
Back