XBox deals?

jclast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Anybody know what's the cheapest I could pick up a new XBox? I don't need it right away. Maybe one of you EB or GameStop employees know if they'll go on sale this Christmas when the 360 comes out?

Thanks for the help all.

Honestly, I seriously doubt there will ever be much of a price drop. You might see them at a $100 or $120 or something, but most likely not. Due to the cost of making the damn thing, $150 is still losing money, whereas the slimline ps2 can drop to $100 and still turn a profit. Best money is on the total halt of production of xboxs, which means the new ones that are still out there won't really have a chance to go down in price. I would be very surprised if you will even be able to buy a new xbox by christmas, much less them be cheaper. Why would MS compete with themselves? They have already all but abandoned the xbox, so why should they keep making them at a loss? Used is a different story however. Those should be pretty damn cheap (I'd guess $80 or so, maybe $100) by Christmas. It is a gamble to buy used, but if you check the production date (on the bottom of the system), and it's 2003 or later, you should be ok. Someone (best buy, circuit city, some retailer like that, hell maybe even k-mart) might have a black friday sale on the box. If not, I can almost guarentee you will be very hard pressed to get one below $150 new.

bread's done
Back