xbox disc real or bootleg? I tried it on my PC

mentos888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just a quick question for you guys.

I plan on sending this disc to a friend and don’t have an xbox, so I can’t really test it to see if it works. I did put it in my computer and the xbox logo started up. I also checked the amount of disc space that was taken up on the disc and here’s the weird part…It says the total size is 13.6 mb. Do most xbox discs show up like this on the computer? I’m assuming this 13.6mb is only for the xbox logo startup movie?!?

Again, I’m trying to test it to see if maybe I have a real/fake copy.
I bought this from gamestop, btw.

[quote name='zewone']If you put an Xbox game in your PC the start up screen shows?:???:[/QUOTE]

There's an alternate boot-up sequence. Put any XBox game in a DVD player or PC. I prefer the alternate sequence to the default one. There's an explosion and it says to put the XBox into the system to play.

What game was it? Does it have an official label?

First of all if you put any xbox games disc, real or bootleg, in a PC you would get the size as 13-15MB due to protection.

[quote name='62t']First of all if you put any xbox games disc, real or bootleg, in a PC you would get the size as 13-15MB due to protection.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a second point to follow the "first of all" point?

I've never heard of anyone getting a bootleg game from Gamestop aside from GBA games, so I would assume it's legit....is there a reason why you would think otherwise?

[quote name='b0bx13']I've never heard of anyone getting a bootleg game from Gamestop aside from GBA games, so I would assume it's legit....is there a reason why you would think otherwise?[/QUOTE]

mostly i was just concerned w/the file size of the disc, that's why. when i put ps2/ps1 discs in my computer, it tells me xxxx GB used space,etc.

he game is the jet set radio/sega gt 2002 combo...

I wouldn't fret, then. I don't think bootleggers can duplicate those holograms... I don't think so, anyway.

[quote name='Brak']I wouldn't fret, then. I don't think bootleggers can duplicate those holograms... I don't think so, anyway.[/QUOTE]

If they could they most likely wouldnt bootleg that set of games.. It was had for a .1 two years ago at a few places. The trade in value wouldnt be worth the time.

[quote name='Scorch']Do you have a second point to follow the "first of all" point?[/quote]

To quote the great Matt Hasselbeck, "There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't."

Second of all, the only thing that shows up when you put an Xbox disc in a pc is the file size of the boot sequence.

bread's done
Back