Xbox DVD Remote

[quote name='Ledhed']If you find one used at GS or EB, it should be $25 minus any applicable discounts like GI or Edge card.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, forgot to mention, online is definitely preferred. I'm too lazy to go to store.

I'm wondering if the subpar $10 remotes on eBay are legit.. Is there a difference I should be aware of?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41016&item=8181860207&rd=1

Are these unofficial remotes as bad as I'm thinking?

[quote name='Ledhed']Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

Probably.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured.

Do you use the Xbox DVD player? I've used my PS2 one, and it fucking sucks, so I'm hoping the Xbox one isn't as bad...or should I just dish out for a cheap DVD player? I'd prefer the Xbox because of space, but if it's anywhere near as bad as PS2, I may have to find some space.
Any input is appreciated.

I bought a knock off one off of ebay and it works just fine. I still think the ps2 is a better dvd player. Just my opinion.

[quote name='Rich']Yeah, I figured.

Do you use the Xbox DVD player? I've used my PS2 one, and it fucking sucks, so I'm hoping the Xbox one isn't as bad...or should I just dish out for a cheap DVD player? I'd prefer the Xbox because of space, but if it's anywhere near as bad as PS2, I may have to find some space.
Any input is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I think you should just get a remote. I really like the xbox dvd player and its better than the ps2.

THe Cyberhome units turn up for under $30 with rebates pretty often and have support for a lot of things the Xbox lacks, such as +/-R and RW discs and easy region code disabling. For not much more money than just getting the Xbox remote it is a lot more functionality.

I have the Xbox remote because I had some credit to use up and having it as a backup player was useful when my rack of systems got too crowded for my original Toshiba deck. As tiny as the Cyberhome is I might have that route instead if it had been offered at the time.

No difference between the 2 remotes you posted from Amazon.

A while back I saw some cheap Xbox 1st party remotes on ebay for about 10 or 15(with the shipping). Now, you say how could they afford to offer them so cheap? A while back MS gave away the remote free with the system, so that's how.

As far as DVD playback, I think the PS2 suits me just fine. Not the greatest(no zoom feature what-so-ever), but 1 less machine.

I loved the DVD playback of the Xbox. It has zoom, faster rewind/fast forward and some other things I can't thing of right now.

Another option is to buy the cheap Xbox remote, primarily for the IR dongle. Then spend $20 on a nice, but inexpensive, learning remote and you can program it to do the commands you want for your Xbox - plus you can program it to run your other AV equipment. That's what I did (well, I bought the first-party dongle/remote) - it works great, and looks much nicer than that unsightly xbox remote.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to go the uncheapass route and just pick one up at GS on my way to work today. It's 30 bucks, but at least I get like a 30 cents (1.5%) cashback! *looks around*

just get a real dvd player

keep the wear and tear off your 'box

thats what dvd players were meant for...to play movies

games systems were meant to play games

there is no reason and video game system should have a built in dvd player function

[quote name='tholly']just get a real dvd player

keep the wear and tear off your 'box

thats what dvd players were meant for...to play movies

games systems were meant to play games

there is no reason and video game system should have a built in dvd player function[/QUOTE]

Actually, game systems are meant to read DVDs.

The Xbox works great as a DVD player. I used mine for 3 years before I got my Home Theatre System. I like it a lot better than the PS2.

Rich, did you end up getting the Remote?

bread's done
Back