Xbox games suitable for a 4th Grader?

Lefty

CAGiversary!
My sister is in the 4th grade and I was wondering if there were any games that she would enjoy. Seeing as Xbox is aimed towards a more mature audience, I'm having a little trouble finding anything that she would enjoy at my local Target. Voodoo Vince looks kinda promising. Can you help me out?

4th grade, how old is that? 12-13? You might want to give Beyond Good & Evil a look. It's got likable characters, including a strong female lead, an engaging story and solid gameplay. There's some dark-ish story elements you might want to take into consideration for her, but it's overall lighthearted. It's cheap too.

Try:

-Ty the Tazmainan Tiger
-Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex
-RayMan 3
-RayMan Arena
-Mad Dash
Shpinx and The Mummy's Curse (probably mangled that title)
I-Ninja
Fuzion Frenzy
PacMan World 2

I think there's a Barbie horse title too...

Those are some of them off the top of my head, There's plenty of stuff for little kids...My boys are 5 and 6 and they play most of those...

I have actually heard of kids that were afraid of Grabbed by the Ghoulies, but she sounds a little too old to be scared of that one.

Rayman 3
Pacman World 2
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger

All three are good games, you should even enjoy those. Killing two birds with one stone.

There's also always stuff like Top Spin, SSX3 (maybe too complex?), Crazy Taxi, The Sims, DDR Ultramix, etc. that are just sort of gender neutral, but tons of fun. Top Spin, Crazy Taxi, and DDr being pretty darned easy to pick up and play in particular...

seppo

I'd second the DDR rec. Just make sure she would like that type of game first. Hopefully she's played a version of that somewhere and will know.

I-Ninja might be a bit too violent, depends on her tastes I guess. It is cartoony, but you basically slice everybody up with a sword and they spew green blood and gore.

Some good suggestions on this thread. Fuzion Frenzy is great (for multi-player) and I got a lot of enjoyment out of Pac Man World 2. The later levels might be pretty tough, unless she is pretty good at vidgames?

Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball, so as to prompt unrealistic expectations of womanhood at an early age!

Ahem. Just kidding, of course.

Seriously though, maybe try Crash Nitro Kart, Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure (Tony Hawk with Disney characters, got good reviews), the Frogger games, the Harry Potter games, Finding Nemo, Monopoly Party, Sonic Heroes, the Scooby-Doo game, the Spongebob Squarepants game, maybe the Wallace and Gromit game.

Hope it helps?

The Suffering would be a good bet, but she might be a little too mature for that. maybe halo, but i'm sure everyone in her class has already played it and halo has become "old news" other than that, the only children's game i can think of BMX XXX, but once again, she might be above it.[/i]

The sad thing is, aside from the scatalogical content, the maturity level of virtually any person alive would be above BMX XXX.

Voodoo Vince
DDR (although it's somewhat challenging)
Finding Nemo
Midway Arcade Treasures
Spongebob Squarepants
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Buffy 1 (stars a girl, and the game's awesome, plus it'll be good for to "look up to " instead of those DOA girls :p)
Carve
Splashdown
Kung Fu Chaos
Fuzion Frenzy
Grabbed By The Ghoulies
Godzilla: Destory All Monsters - Melee
Harry Potter
Rayman 3 (NOT Arena)
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta (AWESOME game)
Pac-Man World 2
World Championship Pool 2004
The Sims & The Sims: Bustin' Out?
Crazy Taxi 3 (easy to pick up and play)
Simpsons: Hit & Run (non-violent GTA)
Scooby Doo
Sonic Heroes
Whiplash
Wallace & Gromit
Worms 3D (comes out soon)
Capcom Vs SNK 2 EO

Um... I would suggest that Buffy, Kung Fu Chaos, Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Whiplash and possibly The Sims are either too mature or violent in themes or simply too difficult for a 4th grader to enjoy...

This is for a 10-year old, remember. All of those games are rated Teen.

I have two kids, first and sixth grade. We found a lot of the racing games to be good, including Crash Nitrocart which has a one player mode as well. Oh and as a family game....don't laugh....but we love the Shrek party one. It isn't rated well but it has a Mario Party kind of theme with a lot of short games that even non-video-gamers can get the hang of. Its good for when friends come over.

[quote name='munch']The Suffering would be a good bet, but she might be a little too mature for that. maybe halo, but i'm sure everyone in her class has already played it and halo has become "old news" other than that, the only children's game i can think of BMX XXX, but once again, she might be above it.[/i][/quote]
idk about couple of those

I think you would be much better off trying to get her a NGC.

Kid Friendly Xbox games are Vodoo Vince, Grabbed By The Ghoiles, Beyound Good and Evil, maybe Metal Arms.

It's already been been mentioned that BG&E is NOT suitable for children. The themes and content are too mature for a ten-year old, hence the T rating. Also, Metal Arms? Swearing robots and non-stop violence? I don't think so...

wow yeah up till terribledeli... nobody mentioned Oddworld! that game is great, and it's just jumping around and running... and you could help them on the more challenging parts.

just a suggestion.

bread's done
Back