Xbox Games with Gold

Combatking

CAGiversary!
I heard if you're smart on how you activate your 1 month membership, you could get 4 games with gold games. So I waited until the 30th of last month (Sept. 30th) at 8 pm to redeem my gold. A month later, I woke up today (Nov. 1st) to redeem my last GwG game at 10:33 AM. But it says my Gold membership expired already? Did I miss the window to redeem my game? If so, when's the right time to redeem it? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard if you're smart on how you activate your 1 month membership, you could get 4 games with gold games. So I waited until the 30th of last month (Sept. 30th) at 8 pm to redeem my gold. A month later, I woke up today (Nov. 1st) to redeem my last GwG game at 10:33 AM. But it says my Gold membership expired already? Did I miss the window to redeem my game? If so, when's the right time to redeem it? Thanks.
Yea a month membership is 30 days. 9/30-11/1 is not 30 days

I can't recall but I believe that GwG come out on the 2 or 3rd of each month (maybe the 4th) then again around the 16th of the month.

They usually stay active for around 4 maybe 5 days before they can't be redeemed anymore. Sorry if any of this is wrong I'm going by my experience for a couple months when I still had gold some months back.

I do know this though, that I had games from around the middle of the month redeemed and in my download que, not finished downloading and even after my gold expired I was still able to finish grabbing the games.

They may have changed release dates for GwG. You might want to check the FAQ pr email MS if you think it was a mistake on their part.

I hope you get it sorted out brother and good luck.

I believe since you redeemed your code on the 30th it would only be good until the 31st but I'm not sure. I do know the gwg games go active on the 1st and 16th of the month but the one for this month was live on the 31st for some reason.

The timing has to be right. I've been trying this but haven't been successful so I haven't mentioned it. Here's what I think happens or should happen:

MS uses Greenwich Mean Time which is the global standard - it is the absolute time reference which doesn't change with the season. GMT is eight hours ahead of PST (West Cost Time, my zone). So regardless of when you redeem your monthly gold in your time zone, keep in mind the time zone for GMT. It also relies on MS not updating the GwG until PST which they used to do because I would sometimes dl both GwG on the first of the month.

Best way.

1.  Redeem your monthly gold early on the 1st/16th of the month so your gold will expire on the 30th or 31st/15th and dl the first GwG and if MS hasn't updated the GwG you should be able to dl the 2nd game (which is the one expiring).

2. DL the 3rd game mid-month

3. DL the 4th game on the last day.

This doesn't seem to work:

1. Redeem your monthly gold early  on the 1st/16th of the month so your gold will expire on the 30th or 31st/15th and dl the first GwG.

2. DL the 2rd game mid-gold membership.

3. DL 3rd game on the last day 30th or 31st/15th.

4. If MS updates the GwG before it deactivates your Gold then you've got your 4th.

bread's done
Back