Xbox Gold 25% off or free 600 points

eataburger

CAGiversary!
Just a heads up, my Gold membership was expiring at the end of this month so I called Xbox to take off my auto-renew.

A couple days later, I got a new ad on my Xbox homepage saying that my membership is almost up, I could add a year for $45 (25% off) or if I put in a card code I'd get 600 MS points.

Not sure if this is a known promotion, it seems only targeted to people almost expired with no auto-renew.

Cheers!

Yeah, I think they target non-auto renews specifically. Unless they changed the process, they make it VERY hard to cancel your auto renew and have your credit card taken off file.

My wife and I had ours taken off a year ago or so, because of some good deals on 12 month membership cards, but I ended up getting suckered back in on a $99 family gold pack.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Yeah, I think they target non-auto renews specifically. Unless they changed the process, they make it VERY hard to cancel your auto renew and have your credit card taken off file.

My wife and I had ours taken off a year ago or so, because of some good deals on 12 month membership cards, but I ended up getting suckered back in on a $99 family gold pack.[/QUOTE]

I found it easy to take off the auto-renew, I just called and they did it on the spot.

I think it gets difficult if you want the credit card taken off. I like leaving it on for late night drunken impulse XBLA purchases. :lol:

I've noticed Microsoft has been having a lot of deals with Xbox Live Gold memberships. I've been seeing quite a few deals similar to the one op mentioned on my dashboard ever since I let my membership run out. I wonder if there has been a significant drop in gold users lately?

Even with these deals I cannot justify paying this much money to play online. Especially when online can be enjoyed for free on both the PC and the PS3 (jokes aside). Also these deals require that they hold your credit card ransom, I've heard too many horror stories about incompetent CS reps and constant charges. Combine that with this PSN breach that happened (something similar happened with XBL a few years ago, but not nearly as severe), and neither service is getting my card.

The last two years I've called to cancel my gold right before auto-renewal and I've been offered 40% off gold pricing over the phone. Hopefully that'll continue this year!

[quote name='eataburger']I found it easy to take off the auto-renew, I just called and they did it on the spot.

I think it gets difficult if you want the credit card taken off. I like leaving it on for late night drunken impulse XBLA purchases. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Maybe they changed their procedure for it, or maybe j just had an inept CSR. Glad to know they aren't being shady about people canceling the auto renew!

I hear you about leaving the credit card on though. I've made MANY ill advised Xbla and Psn purchases.

[quote name='Brogdan']The last two years I've called to cancel my gold right before auto-renewal and I've been offered 40% off gold pricing over the phone. Hopefully that'll continue this year![/QUOTE]

Haha! Nice. Great way to use your power as a consumer.

[quote name='Hyunkel']Is there a way to cancel our credit cards online? Maybe on xbox.com?[/QUOTE]

Not if you still have an unexpired membership. You have to wait until your Gold account expires, and then you can remove your payment method on their site. Of course, you need to make sure auto-renewal if off to be able to do that.

[quote name='imcrazy']I've noticed Microsoft has been having a lot of deals with Xbox Live Gold memberships. I've been seeing quite a few deals similar to the one op mentioned on my dashboard ever since I let my membership run out. I wonder if there has been a significant drop in gold users lately?

Even with these deals I cannot justify paying this much money to play online. Especially when online can be enjoyed for free on both the PC and the PS3 (jokes aside). Also these deals require that they hold your credit card ransom, I've heard too many horror stories about incompetent CS reps and constant charges. Combine that with this PSN breach that happened (something similar happened with XBL a few years ago, but not nearly as severe), and neither service is getting my card.[/QUOTE]

As for worrying about your card on file I use a prepaid card for online purchases,I keep a certain amount on it at any given time. That way they can only get me for a little bit of money and thats it. They are very safe and secure

[quote name='buzzyon']Did anybody get their 600 points? Nearly 3 months later and still nothing for me. :([/QUOTE]

yea I got mine but I had to msg Xbox Support.:cry:
It then took a few days but I did get them.

[quote name='Cody2010']yea I got mine but I had to msg Xbox Support.:cry:
It then took a few days but I did get them.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I just sent them a message.

bread's done
Back