Xbox Hard Drive to replace my 20gb

AdamMPSP

CAGiversary!
So I have a launch xbox 360 pro with the 20gb drive. Rock Band has more or less filled it up, and I'm looking for a solution. Everybody around me is selling the 60gb for $100, but with no transfer cable. Gamestop has the 120gb (with cable) but it's still going to for $150, not the $130 that it's supposed to be going for.

I'd rather get a real drive and not one that's been modded to work on a 360. Advice? Should I just wait for the 250gb announcement? This blows.

--Adam.

No announcement on when the 250GB drive might show up here in the US, it was announced for Japan a little while ago, releasing in April if I remember right. Around $180 + shipping to import it.

I'm in the same boat as you are. The 60GB live starter pack seems to be the most reasonably priced HDD you can get at the moment. It's just a matter of finding a friend that can loan you their memory unit for a weekend if you want to transfer everything for free. Dell has the kit for $74.99 right now, with free shipping (though you still have to pay tax). Not to mention that 3 month code should fetch an easy $10-12 if you don't need it.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/XBOX_360/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A2207622

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a 120gb hdd at BB in-store on clearance for $135, but YMMV. They seem to be difficult to find.

[quote name='shrike4242']No announcement on when the 250GB drive might show up here in the US, it was announced for Japan a little while ago, releasing in April if I remember right.[/QUOTE]
According to this article, the 250gb hdd will only be available through console bundles. But considering how hard it is to find a 120gb hdd in retail stores, maybe Microsoft is making way for bigger hdd's.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Also, wasn't there a rumor that the 120 gig was going to be phased out soon?[/QUOTE]

The 120GB will be phased out, if not done so already. Very few, if any, stores are stocking them. Quite a few (BB, Kmart, Sears) put them on clearance.

bread's done
Back