Xbox hard drive transfer kit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobMinhas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
i have 2 of these and i figured i would set up a thread where ill lend these to whomever needs it, as long as they pay shipping, depending on how many people use this thread ill get some more, seeing as i can pick up a few easily.

If you don't mind a bit of hassle, MS will give you one for free if you call them up and tell them you bought a new hard drive.

[quote name='Winkels']If you don't mind a bit of hassle, MS will give you one for free if you call them up and tell them you bought a new hard drive.[/QUOTE]

when i first tried to get one, i went through six ms representitives and i have seen a lot of posts like these looking for a hard drive transfer kit borrow in the deal requests forum

I've had success faxing in the order form. They've taken it off the xbox.com site but I found a copy and posted it here so that might be worth a shot. It took about 6-8 weeks to arrive though.

Hmmm, maybe I just lucked out. Admittedly it took about 20 minutes on the phone, but I got it within a week or two.

yeah, i faxed a copy a few months ago & got my kit w/in 2 weeks. i don't even plan on using, just figured I'd get it while it was still free. gotta soak M$ for whatever I can! :p

[quote name='RobMinhas']i have 2 of these and i figured i would set up a thread where ill lend these to whomever needs it, as long as they pay shipping, depending on how many people use this thread ill get some more, seeing as i can pick up a few easily.[/QUOTE]

I'm in need of a transfer kit. I will totally pay shipping if you want to send it my way.

How much is shipping? I'd like one but Xbox Support is telling me I need to pay $12 to them.
Edit: nvm my friend has one!

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not come with the 60gig HD.

Also from searching around online, it seems that the transfer kits that came out before the 60gig HD was in production will not work if you are transferring files to a 60gig. If you have a older transfer kit you will need to call up xbox and request the newest verson of the program that comes with the kits.

[quote name='Stuttering Billy']It does not come with the 60gig HD.

Also from searching around online, it seems that the transfer kits that came out before the 60gig HD was in production will not work if you are transferring files to a 60gig. If you have a older transfer kit you will need to call up xbox and request the newest verson of the program that comes with the kits.[/QUOTE]

This is indeed the case. I copied everything I could from my 20GB to my 60GB using a 256MB memory card. It takes a while, but it works in a pinch.

Just bought a new hard drive and I am looking to see if someone would have the transfer kit available for me to use? I would be glad to send it back to you right after I am done with it if you would like to have it back. Thanks for any help you can offer in this matter.

Does anyone have a transfer kit still going around? I just bought a 120 gig because I had 100MB left on my 20gig and would like to transfer everything over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back