xbox HD AV component vs hdmi

The component cables will work on the slim and also that hdmi cable will too. As for the difference they say hdmi is slightly better than component but if it was me I wouldn't bother if I already had component cables.

HDMI gives you a sharper and crisper image than Component, I can see the difference massively but some people don't see as much or at all.

Techinically speaking HDMI is better any way so...

Component are ancient man get a new tv. it's like those people that still use CD's for music in their car.

that type of stuff just a cell phone can screw up your pic quality hehe. HDMi is just cleaner all around because it either works or it doesn't. :)

Component can be just as good, but it has more to do with how well your tv handles it.

Since you have the cables anyway, go ahead and use them. However, the HDMI cable you linked to is very good quality (and cheap) so you may as well buy it. Buy a few. It's good to have spares.

I can't tell a lot of difference personally. I use Component for my 360 as my TV only has 2 HDMI inputs anyway and I use those for my HD-DVR and my Blu-Ray player as I use those more anyway.

Eventually I'll get a new A/V receiver that has HDMI inputs and hook everything up that way though. But I'm in no hurry as my 10 year or old Sony 5.1 receiver is still working fine.

hdmi - less wires, less hassle. as is, everything electronic that doesn't have wifi pretty much looks like something out of ghost in the shell.

I used both, and in my experience both cables have advantages/disadvantages. I have a 40in philips lcd btw.

component gave richer colors but wasnt as sharp.
hdmi is sharper but the colors werent as vivid.

[quote name='MogKnight']Technically, HDMI is better than Component considering Component can't do 1080p.[/QUOTE]Component can do 1080p, though it requires a device that will do 1080p over component.

These days, those devices are few and far between. Probably been 3-4 years since I've seen any devices released that do 1080p over component.

bread's done
Back