XBOX HD-DVD Drive $37 at K-Mart

padme2k7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I don't know if this was posted earlier, but I just purchased another XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive for $37 at my local K-Mart. This was at the K-Mart on H Street in Chula Vista, CA. They still had one left this morning.

Pff even though it is a dead format, I would easily pick it up if I saw one for this price. Especially because movies are dead cheap for it now.

The kmart that i work at in southeastern Massachusetts has 2 of these at $37.
I checked a couple other local stores in the computer and saw they had some in stock too.

As of about 9pm thursday

2 at Milford store
2 at North Attleboro
2 at Hyannis
2 at Fairhaven

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']hmm can't hurt to have a spare[/quote]

Lol... you never know when your HD-DVD drive will get the red rings of death :whee::whee::whee:

:lol:

I picked up one for $37.00 this morning and there were still two left in the display case.

They had the yellow clearance sticker marked 37.00 on the box.

What do you guys think if you have a spare receight for one of these from February? Think you can send it in and get those movies? that deal can still be shipped until the end of March.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']oh yea, it the reciept date is good. you just need the upc. only one per household though.[/quote]

I sent my second request to another address to make sure I get the HD DVDs. I bought a spare one for $38 from BB last Feb. None of the Kmarts around me have any of the drives left though. At least I have gotten 15 HD DVDs for FREE! Just too bad I paid $129.99 for my first Xbox 360 HD DVD drive from Amazon last year. Then I got a second stand alone HD DVD player when Wally's had em for $98.

Saw one for the $37 price today at my local Kmart. Passed, but I did give it some thought for a spare.

So glad I sold mine last fall for $120 on ebay once I picked up an A3. I hate to think what it would go for now.

I'm thinking of getting one just to rip HD DVD's to my comp. for backup later, put them on a BD-R with the Lossless and other.
My big concern is getting the HDi stuff on BD-R like IME and U-Control.

[quote name='Sarang01']I'm thinking of getting one just to rip HD DVD's to my comp. for backup later, put them on a BD-R with the Lossless and other.
My big concern is getting the HDi stuff on BD-R like IME and U-Control.[/quote]

I'm interested in something like that as well. I dunno if we'll see it on Blu-ray, as HD-DVD is dead now, and HDi doesn't look to be in BD's future, either. Still, it'd be nice.

My local Kmarts said they never even carried them, which makes me wonder if the employees are now buying them since I called.

[quote name='XianXi']My local Kmarts said they never even carried them, which makes me wonder if the employees are now buying them since I called.[/quote]

Either that or the don't know what they are.

Heh...I'm gonna out smart Kmart on this one, saving my receipt says I have 3 months to return it incase the price drops :) Store closest to me had 3 left...hidden behind some guitar hero sets.

[quote name='padme2k7']I don't know if this was posted earlier, but I just purchased another XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive for $37 at my local K-Mart. This was at the K-Mart on H Street in Chula Vista, CA. They still had one left this morning.[/quote]

you live in chula? i work at the target on eastlake and telegraph.

I just got the last one at the K-Mart off Jackson Rd in Ann Arbor. This is a great deal for a back up, especially since I didn't own King Kong or the large 360 remote previously. When the clerk glanced at the price sticker, his jaw dropped. "Man, these things were like 150 just a few weeks ago." before quickly adding "Are there any left back there?" Nice guy, but it made me glad I didn't call in advance ;) Thanks OP!

[quote name='dracula']pretty soon they will be giving these away free for buying a pack of gum[/quote]

Thats an insult to packaged gum everywhere.

in all seriousness, this sort of obsolete hardware accessory is bound to be heavily discounted at stores like TRU- they mark down a lot of the add ons and accessories like the steering wheels and lcd screens that add on the top of systems. maybe not under $10, but certainly under $25.

I'm thinking of picking one up so I don't have to use my 360's dvd drive to watch dvds. Is it worth it as an upscaling dvd player?

[quote name='mrlokievil']I'm thinking of picking one up so I don't have to use my 360's dvd drive to watch dvds. Is it worth it as an upscaling dvd player?[/quote]

It will only upscale if your using VGA or HDMI, now if your using one of them from what I have read it's just ok. If you care more about upscaling pick up a cheap stand alone like the A3.

thanks for posting this OP! I went to the H street Kmart in Chula on my lunch yesterday and the last one was still there. I was looking for a cheap way to upscale my dvd's and enjoy some cheap HD too. I can't believe how good this looks. I just bought the planet earth for $30 too, can't wait to watch that. I watched Appleseed: Ex Machina last night on SD DVD and it looked HD, i'm even running component, i need to get a VGA to get true upscaling, i think my TV was doing all the work. once again, good looking out...

[quote name='Kfoster1979']It will only upscale if your using VGA or HDMI, now if your using one of them from what I have read it's just ok. If you care more about upscaling pick up a cheap stand alone like the A3.[/quote]

I second that^^^^
I have both (Xbox360 w/ HD-DVD drive and a Tosh A3) the Tosh shatters the 360 for DVD upconverting. Its no contest, many DVDs look almost as good as a HD-DVD in the A3 using HDMI. In spite of that the 360 using VGA still looks much better than my 480p DVD players. Some DVD's don't look good in anything tho, must be low bitrate or just overall crappy IQ on some DVD's.

I'm going to check out the Virginia Beach Kmart this week. That is way cheap.

I was at my local K-Mart here in Troy, MI and they probably had about 10-15 360 HD-DVD drives with the clearance price of $37. Hugely tempting to pick one up as a back up and/or use on my PC.

You cant go wrong for an HD DVD drive for $37! I bought one a few weeks ago at BB for $49, and I stopped by a local Kmart today and I bought the last one. I then drove to my local Best Buy (north las vegas) and showed them the receipt of the $37 player I got at KM, and they PM it and gave me my $13 difference! I asked them what they would have done if I walked in an said this player is $37 at KM, I want you to PM it..they said they would call KM to confirm they are selling for $37, and then go ahead and PM it.. so if anyone still wants a $37 XBOX 360 HD DVD add-on, go to your local BB and ask them to call your local Kmart. I know my BB still has like 20-30 HD drives on the shelf. So now I have 2 $37 XBOX 360 add-on's, and a $79 Toshiba A-35 that I also got at my local BB...and about 30 HD DVD's that my local BB PM for $9.99-10.49..so I am quite happy with my BB:)

bread's done
Back