Xbox Live 12+1 -- 32.99, 36.98 shipped

wwjasond

CAGiversary!
Basic gist: Xbox Live 12+1 card: $32.99.
More info: S&H to VA: $3.99, Tax for VA: $0
Link:
http://www.marketworks.com/storefro...emDetail.aspx?sfid=59167&c=836393&i=238105038

Also for those of you who need another power brick for decoration... this is your company.

My first deal posting so tell what else everyone needs. Found this website while searching for my brother's x-mas present. I know nothing about this company and will post an update when I receive the product. It does use google checkout so I'm hoping to get some protection with GC.

I don't even have a 360 yet, but I ordered since it seems like a good deal. Used my Amex card through Paypal, so I guess I kinda covered my bases.

Only $3.99 shipping for 1st card and $2.00 for each additional card!

Wow, that is a good deal. Wish they also sold MS points.

Anyone ever done business with these people? The site seems pretty barebones, and if the company is as small as the site makes them seem, then they would be better off sellin those cards on ePay for well more than they are asking there. That being said, if anyone else has a good experience with these folks, then I am all over this.

Chris

I ordered two of them. I hope they aren't stolen non-activated cards.

That sites main line of business is silca gel, which is those tiny packets in pill bottles that absorb moisture. Which is Bizzzare.

[quote name='Tyrannical']I ordered two of them. I hope they aren't stolen non-activated cards.

That sites main line of business is silca gel, which is those tiny packets in pill bottles that absorb moisture. Which is Bizzzare.[/quote]

Beyond bizzare. I want to get one for an xmas gift too, and dont know much about the 360--is there a known problem with cards being stolen and sold on the black market?

[quote name='convergecrew']Beyond bizzare. I want to get one for an xmas gift too, and dont know much about the 360--is there a known problem with cards being stolen and sold on the black market?[/quote]

I'm not sure if it is a problem. Someone on Ebay who sells the cards has a big disclaimer on how to tell if you got ripped off.

Sellers who say it only works with a "new" gamer tag are ripping you off. You then only get the 1 month free that you normally get for creating an account.

I'm paying with CC, so I can always dispute the charge if they don't work.

I LOVE their slogan!

"Fairly Odd Treasures
"Your Desiccant Silica Gel Supplier"

lol!

yeah buy with a C, worse case you call and decline the charges

The question is, HOW did someone find that deal? Busy buying silica gel and hey! Good deal on Xbox gold memberships.

Thanks !! Great deal. Bought 2 of them. Hope they work but if not will just dispute with my credit card company ! :D

Xfactor4

The domain name has been around for 10 years and hasn't switched registrars from what I can tell.

Also, it says OOS right now.

they are OOS now, but anyways if you do get the card please tell me so I know if they are not a scam

edit: i found out marketworks sells storefronts, like example ebay stores, so each store is a user

Hey maybe now the ppl who complain about silver not getting DL content will hop on this and stop saying theres never any deals on a year of xbl :)

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Hey maybe now the ppl who complain about silver not getting DL content will hop on this and stop saying theres never any deals on a year of xbl :)[/quote]$37 is still way too much for P2P. I'm not sure why I renewed mine. PSN is a bit worse, but there is minimal lag and it's 100% free.

[quote name='staplerwow']$37 is still way too much for P2P. I'm not sure why I renewed mine. PSN is a bit worse, but there is minimal lag and it's 100% free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, how's the friends list integration there, buddy? Does everyone have a headset too? That's what I thought.

[quote name='Tyrannical']The question is, HOW did someone find that deal? Busy buying silica gel and hey! Good deal on Xbox gold memberships.[/QUOTE]

Hey now. Hey now. I was antiquing on the internet. Actually searching google for xbox live cards returned the item.

I have a feeling this order will just show up at my door randomly. No email letting me know it shipped. Seems like that kinda company but that's ok as long as my product makes it here.

I opened a 2nd google checkout account awhile back and they said they were going to shut all my accounts cause I abusing the promotion or something like that. Was it cause of my billing address being the same or using just cause I used the same credit card? How do people open so many different accounts?

Also kinda unrelated to this topic. How do you look up a website online to check how long its been open or legit. Or where other people telling there rating or if they have had success ordering from them before. I know Reseller Rating but nothing about this site I'm looking at came up. I usually stay away from places like this but there is a great deal on a pair of boots I wan to buy as gift and usually stay away from sites I never heard of.

I'd be in for 1 but when I add to cart and go to checkout it says that I can't use either of their payment services....whats up with that?

If you use the 5% discount advertised on the buy,com website, it won't let you choose Google Checkout. you have to add it to your cart without the discount, then select google checkout. I got mine with free shipping and no tax all for the nice sum of $28.99. Not bad at all. I might try this again with a different email address and CC number.

[quote name='bbj77']If you use the 5% discount advertised on the buy,com website, it won't let you choose Google Checkout. you have to add it to your cart without the discount, then select google checkout. I got mine with free shipping and no tax all for the nice sum of $28.99. Not bad at all. I might try this again with a different email address and CC number.[/quote]

Yeah, it won't let you use both Google checkout and the 5% coupon at the same time. For expensive items, the 5% off is better, but for most things, 10 dollars off is better.

[quote name='lpj8']Or you can use the GCO for 10 off. 13 months of Xbox Live for $28.99 is pretty nice.[/quote]

thats exactly what i did, i used google check out and got 13 months for 28.99 great deal

[quote name='Gamerguy']Just got it for $18.99 after the rebate at Buy.com. Much better deal!

http://www.m2rewards.com/buy/rebatebuy.pdf
This works for any purchase $25 or more if you decline the magazine offer.[/quote]

hmm, I wasn't aware of subscribing to any magazines when I purchased my xbox live subscriptions from buy.com, but if this works, it makes the deal even sweeter! Thanks!

got it for 28.99 from buy.com... havent canceled my order yet, this is my 3rd acct in the last week... some tricks are

1. slightly change your name ex. John Riley becomes John Rley
2. change address slightly... 600 78th st becomes 600 1/2 78th st or 600 78th street apt 1
3. different phone #... a work #, an alt cell/home #, they do call to "verify" but its an automated call (i just got it 5 minutes ago)

[quote name='seen']I'd be in for 1 but when I add to cart and go to checkout it says that I can't use either of their payment services....whats up with that?[/quote]

I was trying to use paypal for the buy.com way but the button is greyed out, so how can I buy it?

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, how's the friends list integration there, buddy? Does everyone have a headset too? That's what I thought.[/quote]For a free service, it's fantastic. I don't pay $250 for friends list, pal.

[quote name='staplerwow']For a free service, it's fantastic. I don't pay $250 for friends list, pal.[/quote]
Who's paying $250?

Not to mention, Stapler, that there IS no friends list integration in PS3 games. You can't do cross game invites, can you? Just look at Guitar Hero 3 on PS3 - it has an online mode but no way to play with your friends at all. I wouldn't call that fantastic. Functional, yes. Fantastic... who are you kidding?

Oh, and CAGers pay about $30-38 a year for Xbox Live, not $250. That's nonsense.

[quote name='convergecrew']my order just got cancelled. they stated that it was out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Well unfortunately I can verify this. He/she who orders first does not always win. My order was canceled as well and I ordered before posting it here. [Sarcasm] Thanks a lot. [/Sarcasm]. I guess they did not even have 1 in stock since the first order could not be filled or perhaps one of the other parties involved (Google, Master Shake, Visa, my life coach, the bank, Master Shake) delayed my transaction enough to allow my order to be further down the list. I guess I'm off to attempt to finagle my way into a better buy.com deal.

[quote name='yesitsreallyjosh']convergecrew, did u buy it from silica gel site or buy.com?[/quote]

i got it from the silica gel site. They sent me an email earlier today saying it was cancelled. I ordered it soon after this thread was created, although that doesnt really mean anything.

I guess I never finished the payment process through Paypal (I tried using a credit card, not paying through my Paypal account. Didn't know you could pay with any CC using your Paypal accont anyway). So I just did, and got a reciept, but whatever...I'm not expecting anything at this point (other than a "OOS, here's a refund").

EDIT: Order Cancelled, boo hoo!

[quote name='humidore']I guess I never finished the payment process through Paypal (I tried using a credit card, not paying through my Paypal account. Didn't know you could pay with any CC using your Paypal accont anyway). So I just did, and got a reciept, but whatever...I'm not expecting anything at this point (other than a "OOS, here's a refund").

EDIT: Order Cancelled, boo hoo![/quote]

I got my order cancelled at the silica gel marketworks storefront but I ordered it at buy.com with the $10 google check out and got it for $28.99 !!

And it already arrived at my house last week !

The buy.com way is much more reliable than a RANDOM storefront ! LOL..

Xfactor

Mine arrived from Buy.com a few days ago. Ended up being $28.99 minus the $10 magazine rebate just as I had hoped. =D

[quote name='staplerwow']For a free service, it's fantastic. I don't pay $250 for friends list, pal.[/quote]

Wow, this isn't threadshitting, eh?

For the record, I'd rather pay the $35 a year I pay for a service that is VERY well integrated and works quite well than for some BS that Sony just threw in as an afterthought...

[quote name='humidore']I don't even have a 360 yet, but I ordered since it seems like a good deal. Used my Amex card through Paypal, so I guess I kinda covered my bases.[/quote]

Love to hear it!! Way to think ahead, 360 rules.....

Is the buy.com deal dead, or am I just not understanding how the coupon and GCO work? Buy.com only has it at $48.99 now.

It seems strange that the site didn't fulfill any orders. Maybe it was a price mistake. Otherwise it was probably a scam to get CC info.

it was 38.99 at buy.com, now its 48.99. guess CAG made them make a change

i snapped one up for 18.99 after google and magazine rebate :/

bread's done
Back