xbox live 12 month gold card for $34.99 at Amazon

Good deal, though I don't need it right now and am still hoping for it to go free or much cheaper (suggested retail) before the year is out, so piling on extra years may not be a wise decision.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Free will never happen[/QUOTE]

i got it free thanks to that bestbuy messenger kit screw up hehe

I'm about to run out. I have about 2 more months worth on mine. Should I bite or chance it and see if a better deal comes along.

[quote name='draven1089']I'm about to run out. I have about 2 more months worth on mine. Should I bite or chance it and see if a better deal comes along.[/QUOTE]

There is a high chance that some retailer will have $30 sale sometime between now and then, but it's taking a chance for just a $5 savings. You could buy it now, and not risk having to pay $40+ for it in two months if you happen to miss out on the next $30 sale.

[quote name='azngtlman']There is a high chance that some retailer will have $30 sale sometime between now and then, but it's taking a chance for just a $5 savings. You could buy it now, and not risk having to pay $40+ for it in two months if you happen to miss out on the next $30 sale.[/QUOTE]

Very good point. But the CAG inside me is saying hold your money, LOL. I picked my current year up for 20 bucks.

[quote name='azngtlman']There is a high chance that some retailer will have $30 sale sometime between now and then, but it's taking a chance for just a $5 savings. You could buy it now, and not risk having to pay $40+ for it in two months if you happen to miss out on the next $30 sale.[/QUOTE]
yeah i am actually waiting for that 30 dollar sale but when will that happen?

35 is just as good as 30, but 30 is better. anything lower thant that will be best.

My original $30 runs out in March... Next year got for $30, the year after that at $20. But still, $35 is a good deal if you need it right now and you can't wait.

I've got a 12-month card I'm selling. Will sell for $32 paypal and will email the code right after if you are looking for a little sweeter deal ;) PM me if interested

[quote name='Ultra Woody']
(Note: Sorry for repost -- we were minutes apart in posting and didn't see it.)[/QUOTE]

ha try 2+ hours apart. :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Free will never happen[/QUOTE]

Perhaps not, but with 360 games now having the smallest share of the top 100 video game sales at Amazon (speaking of consoles), I'm not so sure. Admittedly one of the best selling things for them at amazon *is* Gold, but you have to wonder if it's going to work out for them in the long run. I just can't believe they can keep charging for online play and expect to keep up. But, what do I know? All I know is I'm not going to be stocking up on years and years of Gold, lest they do make it free, or make it much cheaper.

FYI: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2009/videogames/ref=pd_ts_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1

My subscription ended about 2 or so months ago and I've been combing the internet for a deal since. I had all year with my past subscription but I passed up every deal that came up like a moron. I tried the BestBuy deal but they wouldn't honor it.

Thx op I can finally get back online. I suggest that everyone whos xbl is about to expire to jump on this. If not a $30 will come up eventually.

[quote name='leftwing1018']Deal already posted. Look a few threads below ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I kind of figured that out after I found the original, but thanks.

[quote name='Ultra Woody']Just subscribe to twitter.com/amazongames and you'll be updated with deals like this one all the time.[/QUOTE]

True...but they didn't post this until a couple hours after it went live. Plus, sometimes their deals are so cheap that they sell out before that twitter is updated. In my experience they only use the twitter to advertise "hot deals" that aren't selling so hot. :)

[quote name='draven1089']Amazon will refund you the difference[/QUOTE]
Assuming it hasn't shipped out yet, they'll refund it. Otherwise, they won't.

Yes, there is a way to check. I forget how tbh, but it's extremely easy... Just check under all your settings. Mine runs out next month, so I snagged

Why wouldn't they drop the price for you if your ordered at 39.99 even if it's shipped? Just tell them you're going to ship it back to them as a return. They'll be stuck for return shipping, they ship for free anyways, so then return and just order a new one and wait 2 more days (if you have prime).

I just ordered mine. Couldn't have come at a better time as my subscription runs out on the 7th. Thank goodness for Prime. It'll be a race to see if it gets here by the afternoon of the 7th or not.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Is there a way to check when your Gold time expires?[/QUOTE]

If you're not at home you can always check at xboxlive.com. Log in, click on your gamer tag in the top right and manage your way to your account. Click on membership level and it'll show when your gold expires.

bread's done
Back