Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Card For $35 On Amazon

Sweet. I was gonna order from Wal-Mart.com but it had $6 shipping. I also ordered KUF:Heroes with the order sinceit was $19.99 since I missed out on the CC clearance deal for $10. My Live is ending in a few months so this is sweet.

I'm good for the next 2 years after the CC price mistake but I passed this along to a friend.He was talking over the weekend about needing to buy one of these so this is a good find.

Can you add this card code to your existing XBL account to add the 12/13 months? I just renewed two months ago, so I'm good until next May.

[quote name='Transformah']Can you add this card code to your existing XBL account to add the 12/13 months? I just renewed two months ago, so I'm good until next May.[/quote]
Yea you can extend your membership by mutliple years, I am good through May 2008. :D

[quote name='$hady']Yea you can extend your membership by mutliple years, I am good through May 2008. :D[/quote]

According to what Microsoft told me you can't just extend it indefinitely. I'm good through April of 2008 and I think the most I could do would be another year.

And as a reminder if you are paying by CC now it is a major PITA to get it switched over to pre-paid cards, you have to call them and good luck getting it straight.

[quote name='turls']

And as a reminder if you are paying by CC now it is a major PITA to get it switched over to pre-paid cards, you have to call them and good luck getting it straight.[/QUOTE]

But as long as you input your codes before it expires they aren't going to charge you another year.

[quote name='dougstill']Can this card be used on original xbox or only x360?[/QUOTE]
I must know too. Mine expires this month. :drool:

I heard that it doesn't work... my friend told me at least when he tried a Xbox Gold 3 month card for the Original Xbox it didn't work.. I told him to give it to me.. but he said that wouldn't work either :(

Great Deal! My account expires in January, but its best to plan ahead (especially at that price ;)).

Do these cards have an expiration date? I don't have a 360 and probably won't buy one until the 2nd gen models come out next year but if I can get one of these for this price and keep it till then that'd be nice.

I was able to use the 12 month, Xbox 360 Gold kit from last year with the original Xbox.
I think you have to use the "Recover Gamer Tag" and use the 360 Gamer Tag.

Great deal, i bought 2. Since i have to get a new Gamertag because I moved and lost my email address before i corrected the MS passport and voila, screwed.

I hope we're getting a universal price drop since Wii and PS3 online are going to be free. $50 a year is a lot to pay when users host the games. It would be a good price if high speed servers hosted the games.

[quote name='speraas']And if you read that thread, I mentioned it a couple posts before yours.[/QUOTE]

lol, I forgot thats where I found it! ;)

I did add the price and a nice link though :)

I know someone was wondering if it would work on the original XBOX and I can now confirm that it will not. The customer support person reccomended that I return it to the retailer. I'm hoping to trade for a copy with someone who has an original xbox 12 month card. Hopefully that will work.

bread's done
Back