Xbox Live 12 Month Starter Kit - $17.48 at Target YMMV

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I know this is listed in the Target clearance thread, but thought this was too good a deal not to have its own thread, especially considering all the hubub about the bestbuy misprice on the kits for $19.99 last month. If mods feel different, feel free to lock. These are on clearance now (at least at 2 different stores in okla city) for $17.48. YMMV. This is the package with PGR2 and Live Arcade discs included along with communicator headset and 12 months of xbox live. Says right on the front of the box "Xbox 360 Compatible".

[quote name='neudog']Scorch are you wanting the whole package or just the code?[/QUOTE]

The code would be just fine, my account expires in a few days (somewhere between May 4th and 8th)

yeah i'd be willing to just buy the code too my xbox live subscription ends in 2 weeks or so. i was atually tempted to buy another xbox live kit for $60, but i cant ind this cheaper deal around here. can anyone help me out?? thanks

I know there are a bunch of people in front of me, but I'd like to throw it out there that I too am interested in just the card. I'll pay $25 for it.

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']Hey SOONERDOC, which Targets in OKC did you find these at? I'd like to pick up atleast one of these.[/QUOTE]

saw one left yesterday at the target at 50th and may...it isn't with the video games...it was on an endcap across from the dvd's on the back wall along with some clearance dvd players...

Thanks for this heads up soonerdoc. I might hit the 50th and May one. I went to the one near me in Edmond (2nd and Bryant) and got their last one, $18.83 after tax, beast deal I've gotten off here so far.

Thanks a ton for the heads up, man.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I just got one the other day so I can FINALLY get on Xbox Live after all these years.

I'm kind of clueless as to hooking it up though. Can I just run a 50' ethernet cable from my DSL to my Xbox? That seemed like the cheapest set-up since the wireless router and everything else would end up being over $150.

Do I need a crossover ethernet cable or some other kind? Most stores charge $25+ for the 50' cable, but some on ebay are $10 shipped, so that would be a great savings if I can get one for less. Thanks for any info![/quote]

You can run it straight to the xbox and configure pppoe. If you have a computer near by invest in a switch or router so you don't have to plug and unpluge switching back and forth.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Ditto to that, in fact, I'd be willing to go to $25 for just the code. If anyone has an extra laying around give us the hook up and make some money. I have non-credit card paypal funds.[/QUOTE]
Where is schultzed??
He will be really pissed off cause people are willing to pay $15 more than the actual cost!. No support for CAG, eh?

Hei, schultzed, lots of CAGs asking for your support. Please show your support!!!
Yeah, you deserve that. I am talking about $50 or 60 for each, $32.48 plus tax is about $35. As for my target, i have to drive 8-9 miles ($16-18 miles in total). Then you have to pack them and ship them out. Considering the time and gas, $50 for each is too much??? I have no words to say. If the guy had offered something else for trade, that would be a different story.

By the way, you should go ahead and use your precious time to call all your target stores to locate the camera. Please show your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzed
I'm offended . . . he said he'd pay a little extra (I'd ask him $5 for both at max) . . . there's no reason to charge him 17-27 each. fuck if you want to make money sell stuff on ebay but if a CAGer ask for help, you should help to support the community.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I just got one the other day so I can FINALLY get on Xbox Live after all these years.

I'm kind of clueless as to hooking it up though. Can I just run a 50' ethernet cable from my DSL to my Xbox? That seemed like the cheapest set-up since the wireless router and everything else would end up being over $150.

Do I need a crossover ethernet cable or some other kind? Most stores charge $25+ for the 50' cable, but some on ebay are $10 shipped, so that would be a great savings if I can get one for less. Thanks for any info![/quote]

Be aware that not all network cables are the same even if it is labeled CAT-5 or Cat-6. My friend purchased some from Frys and it worked like crap. Any length over 35 feet and the hub/router shows partial or no connectivity.

Wireless is pretty cheap these days but gotta set up it up right to keep the creeps out.

this is unrelated and not nearly the great Target deal.....

but you might want to check out your local circuit city for mislabled Xbox Live 12+1 month subscription cards. mine, in NY, had 2 cards priced at $39. They rang up for $49 but they changed the price for me because of the tag.

i missed out on the target deal and didn't want to dish out $50 for 12 months so this warm price mistake made me feel a bit better.

So is this nationwide, or just in some areas of the country. Cuz I don't wanna waste my gas and go to the mall and end up with nothing.

How can a trip to Target be a waste of gas? There are always clearance YMMV items. Besides, even if it is nationwide you are pretty slow to the punch so it may be gone anyway.

[quote name='Legendary Gokou']None at my location. Would be interested in just the code if someone is willing to sell/trade for it.[/QUOTE]
Ditto

Guys, I bought one and due to my job i would be missing out on at least 3 months of the full year subscription. There is a hole in the side of the box, but I'm almost 100% sure that none of the information is compromised.

I'm looking to trade this for a 3 month xboxlive pack (including headphones) or maybe some xbox360/ps2 stuff.

Buyer Beware if you are currently on credit card billing and you try to switch to pre-paid. Been over a week and no credit for the 5 months they screwed me out of. Now I get to get on the phone again, after wasting time getting disconnected and dealing with clueless people last time. Is there an e-mail address that will actually work for these idiots?

bread's done
Back