Xbox Live 12-Month Subscription Messenger Gold PGR4 bundle $53.99 at Buy.com

samorris74

CAG Veteran
I have been looking to pick this up and this is the best deal I could find on it. This is normally 69.99 and it includes the messenger chat pad, headset, copy of PGR4 and 12 months of Xbox Live. I would really like to know if anyone can confirm whether the PGR4 included here is a boxed copy with a manual or if it just comes in a sleeve with nothing else.
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-li...ld-pack-with-project/q/loc/108/208937616.html
Note: This deal includes free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine today and it was opened. Everything was there except the 12 month card =(. I emailed buy.com hopefully they can help me out.

[quote name='SePh1r0tH']I got mine today and it was opened. Everything was there except the 12 month card =(. I emailed buy.com hopefully they can help me out.[/quote]

lol owned. Wish it was amazon selling... I'm anti-buy.com

[quote name='grap3fruitman']What the hell? I ordered on the 6th and it still shows my order as processing.[/quote]

I picked 2 day shipping on Tuesday so it better be here by friday or there will be hell to pay!

I ordered 2 of these last week with the budget shipping, and I just got them today. FedEx no less.

With this transaction at least, Buy.com beat Amazon.com. My last Amazon shipment was crushed, they used too small of a box for too much stuff, and it took a lot longer. I should've taken a picture of the package, since it was kind of comical. The center/top of the box had a bulge of cardboard because the item didn't fit in the rectangular box. It was the Fallout 3 guide and a 360 play & charge kit. Luckily, the items were OK so I didn't make a stink about it.

Amazon definitely needs to clean house with their shipping department. Seems like they hired some real winners lately.

I got this bundle from Newegg using a coupon code I had and it came out to 47.xx. The normal price is 59.99(10$ off MSRP).

Also, PGR4 is basically just a sealed copy packed inside.

[quote name='Persona7']I got this bundle from Newegg using a coupon code I had and it came out to 47.xx. The normal price is 59.99(10$ off MSRP).

Also, PGR4 is basically just a sealed copy packed inside.[/quote]

I was looking for a coupon code for newegg before i ordered at buy...buy.com doesnt actually have any inventory...they are so unreliable. I just hope I get my stuff because my live is expiring in the next week or so! With Gears 2 I needs my LIVE.

Thanks, OP! I picked up one for myself. If you went ala carte on every single one of these items, you'd wind up paying $92! This is a great deal!

[quote name='grap3fruitman']What the hell? I ordered on the 6th and it still shows my order as processing.[/quote]

Same for my order on the 7th. I'm guessing they'll either backorder or cancel it, which is fine but I still have the pending charge on my debit card.

I ordered on the 6th and got mine today. The box it was shipped in looked like a dog got to it, but the Live bundle inside looks fine. I'll just make sure to neve order anything fragile from buy.com. ;)

I ordered on the 7th and it still says "Processing". The last time I bought something from Buy.com they didn't even update the status of the order and updated it the day I got the package.

It really is a great deal though...headset, chatpad AND PGR4? I already have PGR4 though....anyone willing to buy?

MOTHER F BUY.COM!

My order hasn't shipped despite me paying EXTRA for 2 day shipping. I called to cancel so I can just pick up LIVE locally and they say they will submit a request, but cant guarantee it will be canceled.

I'm calling my credit card company. This company is b.s. They have no inventory, they have no shipping tracking, they don't know what the hell is going on and the customer service is total shit.

In stock from buy.com is a total lie, they said they send a PO to a vendor when I was on the phone and this is why they cant cancel. They can only send a request to cancel to the vendor.

Buy.com you suck and I hope you die.

This message brought to you by angry guy with expired LIVE :D

hmm you both have me wondering, my xbox live expires this month

I was going to get this but maybe I need to make sure it'll actually get sent =b

edit - says 'In Stock Soon' now

DONT DO IT. Get it at newegg for 60 with free shipping. I should have. Now I cant even cancel...If you shop at buy.com dont do it if you need it now, if you dont care just order it and wait.

Not everyone can maintain giant warehouses of inventory like Amazon. I've never had a bad experience with buy.com, but I know some have. Kind of weird that I've dodge the bad experience bullet, or maybe I just expect delays on shipments. I've averaged a few orders every year since they launched.

Newegg is good, and they usually ship fast, but they charge tax in NJ.

Nine days after putting in my order I still have yet to receive anything and my order still shows as processing. Ugh... I really wanted that mic now. >=\

That's buy.com for you. It's a crap shoot. For every transaction that goes smooth, many will suffer. They bait people in with deals and then let them hanging.

I went ahead and ordered it. I don't need to renew until January, so I don't mind waiting. Came out to $56.03 after 5% discount and 8.25% CA sales tax.

Would have ordered from Newegg but it would have been almost $10 more.

I'm ordering now. I already have all the other bits of this like the chat pad, and pgr4 so i'll more than likely sell those to make money back on my membership. My membership doesn't end till febuary, but I know all the deals come around this time of year. Thanks OP

So what's the best price I can get this for? So far my plan is $55 on buy.com... 5% off for new customer discount. 1.5% off for using my PayPal credit card...I don't want to apply for the buy.com credit card ($30 off) since it'll appear as a credit check on my history.

[quote name='KSHLove']good price but buy.com is slow when it comes to processing and shipping orders out. I would pay the extra $5 and go with newegg.[/quote]

I'm in no hurry.. am I correct in assuming that's the cheapest way to go though?

Just ordered mine for roughly $30.00 after the discount for being approved for the buy.com cc (not that bad of a cc with no renewal fee and the percentage of points you get back for useage of the card). Great deal for a Live card, and even better considering the re-sale/trade value if all you want is the 12 Month Live subscription and not the rest of the package.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I'm in no hurry.. am I correct in assuming that's the cheapest way to go though?[/quote]

yeah pretty much I've ordered from buy.com a couple of times and that was my only complaint.

Does anyone know what the Netflix trial is supposed to be? I didn't recall seeing anything in the package for it, just a label on the outside box.

I got a cancellation refusal and a shipping notice on the same day. So it took 7 days for them to ship. I'm so glad I paid for 2 day shipping (sarcasm).

If I honestly thought they could process a return I would refuse the shipment and send it right back to them. At this point I'm better off keeping it if its complete and undamaged and just remembering not to order from them again unless its not time sensitive and I know they cant be making any money off it.

This is one of the worst companies I have ever ordered from and for sure the worst customer service on the phone. Clueless employees that laugh at you for expecting them to be able to do anything more than repeat a script. I guess its slightly better than the ADV answering machine where they never answer or return your call. I'm not sure if its better to be mocked or ignored.

Well they said the budget shipping was 7-10 days...

Anyway, I ordered this yesterday. I found a way to get another discount without having a hard credit check done. I used a 5% coupon, a 1% live cashback rebate, and $10 off of $50 for using Bill Me Later.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Well they said the budget shipping was 7-10 days...
[/QUOTE]

Just to set expectations, that's business days. That's also only for shipping time. I don't believe it includes processing time, which is where some people's orders get stuck.

My stuff has always come quickly, but I know some people have to play the waiting game.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Well they said the budget shipping was 7-10 days...

Anyway, I ordered this yesterday. I found a way to get another discount without having a hard credit check done. I used a 5% coupon, a 1% live cashback rebate, and $10 off of $50 for using Bill Me Later.[/QUOTE]

How did you get the billmelater $10 off? I chose billmelater as my payment method but it doesn't show any kind of discount and the next step is "place order". No matter what you get the $10 off and it just doesnt show or do you have to do something?

I ordered on the 16th with free shipping and received shipping notice on the 18th. It say's I will be receiving it on the 24th through FedEX. Well see. :pray:

i have so many headsets i have no idea what to do with them. this is a great deal with the chatpad involved and pgr4. thanks op

[quote name='jpuma1']i have so many headsets i have no idea what to do with them. this is a great deal with the chatpad involved and pgr4. thanks op[/quote]

Its a special headset that plugs into the chat pad. If you dont have the chat pad you dont have this headset I would suppose.

[quote name='blucadet3']Its a special headset that plugs into the chat pad. If you dont have the chat pad you dont have this headset I would suppose.[/quote]

so it wont plug into the controller? I'm in need of a new headset :(

[quote name='KSHLove']so it wont plug into the controller? I'm in need of a new headset :([/quote]

The headset that comes in the package is different from the one that comes with you Xbox. Instead of having mic adapter and the two extra tabs, it only comes with the mic adapter.

You can use the new headset with or with the chatpad, but you can not use the old headset with the extra tabs with the chatpad.

[quote name='sleepy180']How did you get the billmelater $10 off? I chose billmelater as my payment method but it doesn't show any kind of discount and the next step is "place order". No matter what you get the $10 off and it just doesnt show or do you have to do something?[/quote]

They said it'll show up on your BillMeLater statement... mine is still pending.

[quote name='jdeluis']I ordered on the 16th with free shipping and received shipping notice on the 18th. It say's I will be receiving it on the 24th through FedEX. Well see. :pray:[/QUOTE]

FedEx is how mine came. You should get them quick if it's anything like my experience.

[quote name='misbitski']FedEx is how mine came. You should get them quick if it's anything like my experience.[/quote]

I ordered it two days ago. They shipped it out ground UPS. It's already half-way through TN. Probably 1 or 2 days left. Very quick shipment.. especially for free... my total if the $10 BML coupon goes through will be around $42. Amazing price... only $12 more than the Amazon.com which only comes with a 200pt card, Bankshot Billiards 2, and a headset.

bread's done
Back