Xbox Live $25 at Target with Amazon Match and Cartwheel

ZenDawg

CAGiversary!
Just as the title says:

Xbox Live $25 at Target with Amazon Match and Cartwheel

Match Amazon Xbox Live $39.99 at Target then use Cartwheel 35% off coupon, drops it down to $25.

Use Red Card for additional 5% off after that.

I saw the Cartwheel coupon posted but did not see someone post the Amazon Match as well. Works.

Enjoy!

YMMV.

1) Don't know how you can price match Target physical card to an Amazon code.

2) PM + Cartwheel is the epitome of YMMV.

Maybe YMMV but I tried to buy 2 and was told their "Policy" to Price Match Amazon cards was one per transaction/day. In essence you could go to another store or come back later/next day. Though the Cartwheel coupon expires today. Good luck!

Maybe YMMV but I tried to buy 2 and was told their "Policy" to Price Match Amazon cards was one per transaction/day. In essence you could go to another store or come back later/next day. Though the Cartwheel coupon expires today. Good luck!
This is an interesting strategy: violate the policy two ways (number of PMs per transaction + stacking PM w/ cartwheel) and see if they just stop you for only one of them... I could see that being more effective than just trying to PM one of them.

large.gif

YMMV.

1) Don't know how you can price match Target physical card to an Amazon code.

2) PM + Cartwheel is the epitome of YMMV.
In response:

1) You'd have to have the Target staff member miss that little detail, which isn't likely.

2) PM + Cartwheel isn't the epitome of YMMV, if you don't have it be the sole reason you go to the CS counter. Have other items on your Cartwheel you're going to buy at the same time, like groceries or other non-video game items, ask for the PM, provide other items, provide Cartwheel, check out. I've only had 1 denial on that I've done it dozens of times. It also depends on your store, though bringing other items up for the purchase at the same time is a huge help with getting PM + Cartwheel to work.

EDIT:

Best Buy is showing it as $39.99, which is for a physical card:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=xbox+live&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Much better chance of it going through with that PM to BB versus Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
In response:

1) You'd have to have the Target staff member miss that little detail, which isn't likely.

2) PM + Cartwheel isn't the epitome of YMMV, if you don't have it be the sole reason you go to the CS counter. Have other items on your Cartwheel you're going to buy at the same time, like groceries or other non-video game items, ask for the PM, provide other items, provide Cartwheel, check out. I've only had 1 denial on that I've done it dozens of times. It also depends on your store, though bringing other items up for the purchase at the same time is a huge help with getting PM + Cartwheel to work.

EDIT:

Best Buy is showing it as $39.99, which is for a physical card:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=xbox+live&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Much better chance of it going through with that PM to BB versus Amazon.
A few weeks back, some people were reporting that their stores weren't even allowing Cartwheel to be scanned in the same transaction as a PM. If you have other items to use cartwheel on, they had be be done in a separate transaction.

A few weeks back, some people were reporting that their stores weren't even allowing Cartwheel to be scanned in the same transaction as a PM. If you have other items to use cartwheel on, they had be be done in a separate transaction.
That's a new one and sounds like stores either enforcing Target policy or they're just being dicks about it. I did a number of PM + Cartwheel transactions a few weeks ago and besides one store trying to post-void the transaction, I've not been stopped to date.

That's a new one and sounds like stores either enforcing Target policy or they're just being dicks about it. I did a number of PM + Cartwheel transactions a few weeks ago and besides one store trying to post-void the transaction, I've not been stopped to date.

If it's a "new one" by you, consider yourself lucky. It's been corporate wide policy for a long time at Target. If you can find someone willing to scan cartwheel with a PM you're finding someone who is not enforcing that policy. At my target they insist on doing PMs on a separate (single item) transaction and have been doing so for at least two months now. As always YMMV.

The lady at my Target was very confident they aren't allowed to price match and use Cartwheel :( - oh well picked it up at the 35 percent off instead boo :(

If it's a "new one" by you, consider yourself lucky. It's been corporate wide policy for a long time at Target. If you can find someone willing to scan cartwheel with a PM you're finding someone who is not enforcing that policy. At my target they insist on doing PMs on a separate (single item) transaction and have been doing so for at least two months now. As always YMMV.
Around here, at the three Targets stores I go to regularly, it hasn't been an issue to-date. The only flat out rejected I ran into it was at a store I don't go to very often and they worked to do a post-void and re-ring, which I told them to go fuck themselves and keep the items in question. Another store I went to for the first time warned against it except the CS rep didn't bat an eye about it.

I guess out here I've been lucky to date, though I know it's not Target policy to allow it. However, when the register still allows it, they don't have much of a leg to stand one save the ridiculous post-void and re-ring foolishness. When the register stops it, then I know it'll be dead for good.

It's a long shot because once you price match the cartwheel doesn't work unless they overide it.
Register still allows it, though......

Not true. It applies automatically but getting them to even scan it is the problem.
.... it depends on the CS reps.

The woman behind the counter threatened to castrate me for even asking about PM + cartwheel
Pics or it didn't happen.

all the targets in my area have a sign in customer service saying price match and cartwheel are not allowed

Just to clarify, you are saying the employees are not scanning the cartwheel as opposed to the scan not working, right?

Most people load their cartwheel with the coupon on the bottom of the list. At my Target they don't scroll through my list. I was able to get this deal too. 

All in all, I wasn't trying to do anything out of the norm as I don't know what Targets policies are. I saw the cartwheel coupon and the Amazon sale and just went through the motions. The Target employee didn't bat an eye, just simply said I can't price match two of the digital cards in one transaction per their policy. Took the Cartwheel when I gave it and again didn't bat an eye. I was just trying to share the savings.

Around here, at the three Targets stores I go to regularly, it hasn't been an issue to-date. The only flat out rejected I ran into it was at a store I don't go to very often and they worked to do a post-void and re-ring, which I told them to go fuck themselves and keep the items in question. Another store I went to for the first time warned against it except the CS rep didn't bat an eye about it.

I guess out here I've been lucky to date, though I know it's not Target policy to allow it. However, when the register still allows it, they don't have much of a leg to stand one save the ridiculous post-void and re-ring foolishness. When the register stops it, then I know it'll be dead for good.

Register still allows it, though......

.... it depends on the CS reps.

Pics or it didn't happen.
wouldn't video or a voice clip be more beneficial?

The fact that the system allows it still baffles my mind. If it's too much work/cost to update the system why not just change what Cartwheel does? Why not just set an item at the price they want it to sell for instead of $/% off?

So instead of 40% off a $60 game just make the game $36 after Cartwheel. Seems like an easy solution that will prevent this from ever happening again. No need to piss customers off who aren't aware it doesn't stack per policy, no need to train employees, no need to update POS system. Just change what coupons do...Seems weird to me.

Most people load their cartwheel with the coupon on the bottom of the list. At my Target they don't scroll through my list. I was able to get this deal too.
They redesigned the app to make that less of an issue. The items loaded in the Cartwheel app are in a "My List" section and the barcode is under the "Checkout" section. There's no list of what's under that barcode from the checkout screen. I pull that up, they scan it and we're done. They would have to switch to the My List and on there, it only shows the top 6 items on my Nexus 6p screen. If you're worried about it, bury the ones you're worried about and toss a dozen or more items on top of it. Make sure you do actually try to buy something on your Cartwheel list that isn't the PM'd item, otherwise it'll look odd.

wouldn't video or a voice clip be more beneficial?
Of course, though you take what you can get.

The fact that the system allows it still baffles my mind. If it's too much work/cost to update the system why not just change what Cartwheel does? Why not just set an item at the price they want it to sell for instead of $/% off?

So instead of 40% off a $60 game just make the game $36 after Cartwheel. Seems like an easy solution that will prevent this from ever happening again. No need to piss customers off who aren't aware it doesn't stack per policy, no need to train employees, no need to update POS system. Just change what coupons do...Seems weird to me.
Stop talking sense. Target might listen.

Stop talking sense. Target might listen.
I am happy this works for people, I am all for it going and going, I am not going to go all IATCG and blow the whistle. It just baffles my mind that a company KNOWS what is going on, and does the stupidest stops possible to kill it.

Just imagine it..

Target Corp Stooge #1: Guys...we have an issue. Our cartwheel $ and % off coupons are working ON TOP of a PM.
Target Corp Stooge #2: So you're saying if we make a $10 off coupon and amazon has that item for $10 and a customer matches it and uses the cartwheel...we will sell it for free?!
#1: Yep!

#2: We need to figure out how to stop this!

#1: Why don't we make a policy that employees will need to learn and enforce that says you can't use both.

#2: But what if they are new employees OR the customer has a number of products, some they match and some they don't and they just scan the cartwheel app and the employee isn't aware of what is being discounted without looking careful thus wasting time?
#1: Well...what else can we do...I don't see any other ways to fix this
#2: What if we just not allow the sale system to accept discounts on an item if it has been manually adjusted?
#1: Fair point but that would cost a lot of money and resources to update our entire POS and we just had to do that because we were hacked...
#2: Crap that's right...hmmmm....So if we can't change the POS why not change carthwheel and make the items a flat price $XX.XX instead of $XX.XX if you use cartwheel.
#1: That's madness! Let's just go with the first option and hope out minimum wage employees care

#2: Sounds good with me...I'll see you in the bathroom of my choosing later today!

Just to clarify, you are saying the employees are not scanning the cartwheel as opposed to the scan not working, right?
Correct. The system will allow both within the same transaction, but some store managers (or whomever) are directing their people to refuse scanning cartwheel altogether in the same transaction.

I've never dealt with it myself, but other CAGs have reported it in various threads.

Correct. The system will allow both within the same transaction, but some store managers (or whomever) are directing their people to refuse scanning cartwheel altogether in the same transaction.

I've never dealt with it myself, but other CAGs have reported it in various threads.
I've not run into it, though having someone decide to post-void my transaction when it was completed was a bit of a dickish move. The transaction was done, the items were mine as the purchase was made, though they wouldn't give me the receipt and started the PM when the MOD showed up for an unrelated reason.

They also were only going to PM 1 item of each of the items I was trying to PM, which should have been my clue to just stop and head out the door without trying to see if it would work.

All the other Targets in my area, never been an issue with PM + Cartwheel. Usually, they make some comment about "wow, you saved a lot today with Cartwheel". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

All in all, I wasn't trying to do anything out of the norm as I don't know what Targets policies are.
Here you go.

Cartwheel offers, Target Gift Card offers and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

Also Target already know about this issue and probably are working on it. They don't seem to concerned as Saix_XIII said all they would really need to do up update the POS to auto reject the PM and the carthwheel. But yeah they do know about it so who knows anymore.

bread's done
Back