Xbox Live Adapter Buying Help

KidxChronics

CAG Veteran
Hey..can anyone help me find a good deal on these xbox live adapters! i'm not willing to spend 100 dollars on one of these..if anyone has any coupons or deals they like to share with me please?

thanks! :bouncy:

i think gamestop has em for 69.99.... there were some at walmart on clearance, cant remember who made em, like lynsys or something for 30.00.

[quote name='masterofdarkness']how about you spand like 10-50$?
Click the link in my signature about connecting wirelessly with an ethernet cord![/quote]

The usefullness of attaching an ethernet cable to a wireless nearby PC is limited. And you would need a crossover cable to get that to work if you connect a cable from the 360 to another PC.

Click the link in my signature about connecting wirelessly with an ethernet cord![/QUOTE]

Like Tyrannical said, would you need a crossover wire or not?

The Microsoft wireless adapter is a POS ... just a heads up. I get dropped from Halo all ... the ... time.

[quote name='Tyrannical']The usefullness of attaching an ethernet cable to a wireless nearby PC is limited. And you would need a crossover cable to get that to work if you connect a cable from the 360 to another PC.[/quote]no you don't im using a regular ethernet cord.
I even just checked, the wires are on the exact aligning as the other

[quote name='masterofdarkness']no you don't im using a regular ethernet cord.
I even just checked, the wires are on the exact aligning as the other[/quote]

Hmm, maybe the 360 's or your PC's network adapter is smart enough to handle it. I had to use a cross over to connect my Xbox original to my PC.

If you needed a crossover cable, just buy a 1ft cross over cable and then an adapter to connect the 1ft crossover to a normal ethernet cable. Then you have a long crossover.

[quote name='Tyrannical']The usefullness of attaching an ethernet cable to a wireless nearby PC is limited. And you would need a crossover cable to get that to work if you connect a cable from the 360 to another PC.[/QUOTE]
No you don't, I do that with my laptop and just use a normal ethernet cable. Way better than ~$100 on a wireless adapter.

[quote name='masterofdarkness']no you don't im using a regular ethernet cord.
I even just checked, the wires are on the exact aligning as the other[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you guys are right. I read up on it and finally figured it out, you can't have your 360's IP address be the same as your laptop's.

consider looking around the local bestbuys/cc/walmarts for the Linksys - 802.11g Wireless Gaming Adapter, i bought it this summer at a local best buy, it could be had for less than $40...

[quote name='tehdmP']consider looking around the local bestbuys/cc/walmarts for the Linksys - 802.11g Wireless Gaming Adapter, i bought it this summer at a local best buy, it could be had for less than $40...[/quote]

how does it work? do i need the linksys router or can i use my own? and buying that how does it work..plugging ethrnet behind it then to system?

Click the link in my signature about connecting wirelessly with an ethernet cord![/quote]
not to sound like a jerk but its not really wireless when ya got use a cable.

Well it's saves you money when you're a cheapass doesn't it? And when you have your computer connected through an ethernet cord you can't bridge connections, unless you have another LAN peripheral.(

YOu need a wireless connection and a lan connection on the PC. Depending on the wired NIC you should need a crossover. Better Ethernet connection you don't, but the crossover should work better. That linksys gaming adapter is a piece of shit. I use a 2-wire gaming adapter I bought on ebay for like 15 bucks. I also had those huge gaming cubes and those are junk too. I have had nothing but problems with the linksys gaming products. Currently I have the 2-wire wireless gaming adapter plugged in downstairs into a switch and the switch is what I plug my PS3 and 360 to. (i have the 20gig ps3 no wireless :( )

bread's done
Back