Xbox Live Arcade.. Free To All Live Subscribers!

deathcabforcutie

CAGiversary!
i was just reading my latest issue of XBN and saw an article about a new live feature called Live Arcade.. do anyone know anything about this.. according to the article, its some sort of service (you pick up a disk from retailers when it launches, they are free) and it allows to play these free arcade games over the live service.. all this is included in the normal monthly live fee too! if im misunderstanding this please correct me, but if this is correct... this very well may be the push that gets me to convert from XBC to XBL! (sry if repost, i searched and could find nothing on it.. its located on page 047 in XBN if anyones interested..)

on the previous page ( the one that has the picture on it.. it says "Where XBOX Live Calls Home: October 2004" so i imagine its sometime near there..

Just read the article. It's from the October 2004 edition of XBN Mag which is tagged on the picture of the page. No date I could find. It seems too good to be true....I wonder if they will charge current XBL subscribers to get that disc at the retailers.

[quote name='Scorch']AFAIK it's NOT free. At the E3 show they mentioned $4.99 and $9.99 games..[/quote]

From what I've read they aren't free and will be bundled together in packs for $5 to $10 bucks..only thing thats free is that they said you could "try" out demos of them

[quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='Scorch']AFAIK it's NOT free. At the E3 show they mentioned $4.99 and $9.99 games..[/quote]

From what I've read they aren't free and will be bundled together in packs for $5 to $10 bucks..only thing thats free is that they said you could "try" out demos of them[/quote]

I figured that would be the case. Those bastards.... :x

It seems pretty cool, but I don't know if they will be able to sell these very well. With MAT and Namco Museum, I wouldn't really get this instead of those games if they cost alot. Just depending on how much it costs will decide if I get it. If they only charge $5 for a whole lot of classic games, then I'd probally get it since I haven't gotten any MAT or NamcoMuseum yet. I'm not sure if I'll want this.

EDIT- And the ad on page 29 for Leisure Suit Larry made me laugh. :lol:

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I think you get the disk with the XBOX Live Arcade program on it, and then you can download games from online.[/quote]

I'm willing to bet this is how it will work, the disk will put the launcher software and then you can download the games. I also read that it will cost a few bucks, I don't know it'll be a one time fee per game or a monthly fee. It's an ok idea, I don't think I'll use it but if it's really cool and I think it's worth it I may check it out. I just thought that MS should have just put out a "Microsoft Fun Pack" that sold for like 20 bucks or came fee in XBL kits that let people play checkers, chess, hearts....like yahoo games.

according to the article i read, you'll be able to pick up the XBox Live Arcade disc for free at retailers, and you'll be able to play a couple games free online. but by far the majority of the games you'll have to pay like $2 to $10 to download them to your xbox and play (in other words, all the good ones).

i really wish all the games were free, since we're already paying $50/yr, but from microsoft's standpoint... its probably a really good way to rake in more money.

I've heard you can demo the games, but have to pay to download them. At the beginning they had stated that it would be 5 bucks a game, which is ridiculous for the most part, but that may now have changed.

It's a good idea....basically what was said, the disc will be an emulator and you download the roms....is what I suspect it will be.

I hope they come out with a good poker game...hold em...that I can play over LIVE and talk smack to my friends ;)

bread's done
Back