Xbox Live Camera Bundle $20.98 at TRU

afilgueirasjr

CAG Veteran
I was looking over our Price Drops at my Toys R Us and the Xbox Live Camera Bundle is listed at 20.98 down from 39.98 this is a great deal it come with 12 months of Xbox Live a Live Camera, two XBLA Games, a wired headset and 200 microsoft points. I have no idea if this has been posted yet just thought i should let everyone know. Hurry they will go fast they price all price drops on mondays.

Hmmm, if this is legit put it in the TRU clearance thread. Although, 39.98 is already low enough that I'm sure all the ones at my local TRU are long gone.

I work at store 8709 in North Miami I got the price drop off the list that prints out every week just to check Big Brain Academy for the wii should be $29.99 and the reason i posted it here is because i thought it was big enough to get its own post.

Not knocking you OP. It's an amazing deal, I just think most of them have been wiped already. I'll hit TRU tomorrow and ask. Nice deal if you can find it!

Of course, that said....if you happen across any sitting in a backroom I'll pay $30 to cover tax and shipping to any CAG who snags me one. Paypal anyone? :)

Just a tip if the employee is not aware of the deal do not tell him/her they will stash for friends and resale. The price is in the system so it should come up when you checkout it might not be marked on the floor yet

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']Just a tip if the employee is not aware of the deal do not tell him/her they will stash for friends and resale. The price is in the system so it should come up when you checkout it might not be marked on the floor yet[/quote]

i remember when I bought 2 for $39.99 the cashier yelled over to his buddy after the sell. "Hey the live vision camera bundles are only $39.99!" I went back to that TRU again to check out games and the bundles were gone.

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']Just a tip if the employee is not aware of the deal do not tell him/her they will stash for friends and resale. The price is in the system so it should come up when you checkout it might not be marked on the floor yet[/quote]Reminds me of the #1 Rule over at Slickdeals: NEVER CALL THE STORE. The deal will be "sold out" by the time you get there. :lol:

I picked up one of these at Best Buy for $50 today... anyone want to have an Uno party?

Would a price match be possible? I guess not since you would need an ad or something and it probably wouldn't be in there. And I'm guessing it's not on the website so you can't print that out.

[quote name='DemonGamer24']Would a price match be possible? I guess not since you would need an ad or something and it probably wouldn't be in there. And I'm guessing it's not on the website so you can't print that out.[/quote]

A price match policy would usually exempt clearance prices.

Damn, since I'm in L.A., these are probably long gone.

I'm going to check after work but if someone else finds one I too would be happy to pay extra for shipping and your well spent time if you find one. PM if you can!

I might as well swing by and check my local TRU after work.. If and when anyone can confirm this, it will be much appreciated... ;-)

Tallahassee TRU is out of stock (they even checked the computer)

sigh my TRU never has anything good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that this will end up being an extreme example of YMMV. Hopefully, they have a few in Austin, but I'm not holding my breath on this one :\

Are these the old or the new bundles. If they are the old bundles, you are paying $20. just for the camera, because everything else in the bundle, extra arcade games, live subscription, etc. is all expired.

[quote name='Sh0k']Are these the old or the new bundles. If they are the old bundles, you are paying $20. just for the camera, because everything else in the bundle, extra arcade games, live subscription, etc. is all expired.[/quote]

I thought that if you call up XBL support and the number is expired, they can activate the number for you or give you a new one? I remember another thread once upon a time where old subscriptions would be sold, and it was still no problem...

I think it might've been Crimson Skies from the OLD Xbox Live Starter Kits that GameStop had sold broken up.

I got a pair of these for like $8 ea. at Kmart a few months back. Awesome deal for XBL, but for some reason, M$ didn't include any drivers for these on Vista? You can use them no problem with WinXP, but not Vista. Lame. Heck, my PS3 can see the camera, why not Vista?!?

[quote name='Sh0k']Are these the old or the new bundles. If they are the old bundles, you are paying $20. just for the camera, because everything else in the bundle, extra arcade games, live subscription, etc. is all expired.[/quote]

Even though they are expired, the codes still work.. I bought a $30 expired 12 month live bundle (w/headset 200pts and Bankshot Billiards 2) that was listed from the amazon $30 XBL thread last week and everything worked fine.. ;-)

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']I was looking over our Price Drops at my Toys R Us and the Xbox Live Camera Bundle is listed at 20.98 down from 39.98 this is a great deal it come with 12 months of Xbox Live a Live Camera, two XBLA Games, a wired headset and 200 microsoft points. I have no idea if this has been posted yet just thought i should let everyone know. Hurry they will go fast they price all price drops on mondays.[/quote]

You said "listed" but did you store have any in stock? I'm going to my local TRU after work but from the sounds of it, they have been sold out in alot of stores for a long time... Hopefully I'm lucky.. ;-)

Checked the TRU on Route 60 in Vernon Hills. Couldn't even find an associate to check the back for me. No hanger tags, nothing in the glass case. Hopefully some CAG comes across a stockpile forgotten in some backroom but I wouldn't hold my breath.

can i get an item number? so i can run up in there and have them enter it in on the computer and dip if they're out....

i don't like to stay in Toys R Us too long because those kids are always sick

Yes they are expired but they still work and thats confirmed. Microsoft honors all the codes they send to stores I knew someone that just bought one and it worked with no problem. And it is confirmed I checked in the system, i rang on up and it showed up at 20.98

[quote name='DirkBelig']I got a pair of these for like $8 ea. at Kmart a few months back. Awesome deal for XBL, but for some reason, M$ didn't include any drivers for these on Vista? You can use them no problem with WinXP, but not Vista. Lame. Heck, my PS3 can see the camera, why not Vista?!?[/quote]

$8 huh? Now THAT's a deal. :]

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']Yes they are expired but they still work and thats confirmed. Microsoft honors all the codes they send to stores I knew someone that just bought one and it worked with no problem. And it is confirmed I checked in the system, i rang on up and it showed up at 20.98[/quote]

Damn, I didn't know that, over two weeks ago I saw one of this bundles at a Sears clearance bin, they had it for $20.
I didn't get it because all the dates were expired :cry:

Can confirm this bogus in Missouri. TRU had three of them in stock, each with a green sticker on the front which read something about '$20 cheaper' - they rang up for $59.99. Even had the cashier double check by telling them i heard they were on clearance. Guy was really nice, but, these aren't $20..

bread's done
Back