Xbox Live Deal of the Week: 25% off Top Selling Guitar Hero DLC

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/09/28/deal-of-the-week-select-guitar-hero-favorites-for-25-off.aspx

This week Xbox LIVE Gold Members have gave 25 % off on this weeks deal of the week. 10 Guitar Hero favorite tracks, normally priced at 160 points each are now 120 points each:

The Killers – Mr. Brightside
Travis Barker – Low
Blink 182 – What’s My Age Again
Rick Springfield – Jessie’s Girl
Queen – We Are The Champions
Ram Jam – Black Betty
Nickelback – Because of You
Smashing Pumpkins – 1979
Foreigner – Hot Blooded
Blind Melon – No Rain

Back to the lame deals, I see. Save a whopping fifty cents on each one of these songs! :roll:

No go for me. I prefer Rock Band DLC where it randomly pops up during Tour mode. Maybe it has changed since then, but GH DLC is always worthless for me.

[quote name='G-Nitro']No go for me. I prefer Rock Band DLC where it randomly pops up during Tour mode. Maybe it has changed since then, but GH DLC is always worthless for me.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, they did do one thing right - unless I'm mistaken, only two of those songs are Rock Band DLC, and We Are The Champions is rumored for Lego Rock Band. That leaves seven songs in the list that aren't in Rock Band at all, yet.

I've never been a fan of DLC deals because I feel like they severely limit the number of people who'd be interested. The real slap in the face is the pricing - when Harmonix discounts songs, they take a dollar off and bring them down to 80 points. They can't do that here, even for a week? :wall:

I think this is the first "deal of the week" that has been Worse than 33% off.
I guess this 25% off must be to make up for the 50% off they have given us for the pasty couple weeks.

The only songs that you save money on are the two Travis Barker songs, Blind Melon, Jessie's Girl, and Foreigner. All the others are one song in a 440 point bundle. (120+160+160=440) so you aren't really saving anything if you buy them separately or in a bundle.

Now the two TB songs and Jessie's Girl and Foreigner are two songs in a three song bundle (120+120+160=400) so you are saving 40 points buying all three songs individually.

Finally Blind Melon is not in any bundle.

So lame. Guitar Hero and rock band games should not be allowed to have their stuff on the deal of the week. Savings are less than a dollar usually. Next thing you know the deal of the week will be for Avatar clothing and accessories.......

[quote name='Nico0020']So lame. Guitar Hero and rock band games should not be allowed to have their stuff on the deal of the week. Savings are less than a dollar usually. Next thing you know the deal of the week will be for Avatar clothing and accessories.......[/QUOTE]

Shh... don't give Microsoft ideas.

[quote name='Nico0020']So lame. Guitar Hero and rock band games should not be allowed to have their stuff on the deal of the week. Savings are less than a dollar usually. Next thing you know the deal of the week will be for Avatar clothing and accessories.......[/QUOTE]

Well, we've already had this gem that saved you $1.13 on a year-old Halo 3 theme. I wouldn't put the avatar clothing "deals" past Microsoft, and at a lousy discount to boot.

The sad thing is, this came after a month of solid deals. We had four weeks straight of arcade titles - good arcade titles - and The Lost and the Damned prior to that. I was hoping the streak would continue, but I guess I should've known better. :cry:

bread's done
Back