Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week for February 21 - 27 / Febuary 28 - March 5

Jouvert

CAGiversary!
Gold members only:

Deal of the Week for February 21 - 27: Fable III Content

DLC

boxartlg.jpg

Fable III DLC: Dog Breed Set — 140 MSP (was 240 or 42% off)
Fable III DLC: Traitor's Keep Quest Pack — 320 MSP (was 560 or 43% off)
Fable III DLC: Understone Quest Pack — 220 MSP (was 400 or 45% off)

thumblg.png

Border Collie — 160 MSP (was 240 or 33% off)

Themes

boxartlg.jpg

Fable III Reaver Industries Premium Theme — 160 MSP (was 240 or 33% off)

Deal of the Week for Febuary 28 - March 5: Gears of War 3 Content

boxartlg.jpg

Gears of War 3 DLC: Horde Command Pack — 560 MSP (normally 800 or 30% off)
Gears of War 3 DLC: RAAM’s Shadow: Pack 2 — 800 MSP (normally 1200 or 33% off)
Gears of War 3 DLC: Weapon Skin Bundle - Haze Set — 160 MSP (normally 240 or 33% off)
Gears of War 3 DLC: Weapon Skin Bundle - Thunderstorm Animated Set — 160 MSP (normally 320 or 50% off)
Gears of War 3 DLC: Weapon Skin Collection: Launch Collection — 1800 MSP (normally 3600 or 50% off)

thumblg.png

Berserker Pet — 120 MSP (normally 240 or 50% off)

thumblg.png

Cover Barrier — 200 MSP (normally 320 or 38% off)

There's also a small sale on NBA 2K12 content going on this week.

NBA 2K12 Sale. Ends February 27. Open to ALL members

DLC

boxartlg.jpg

NBA 2K12 DLC: Legends Showcase — 400 MSP (was 800)

thumblg.png

360 Windmill Sprite Slam — 120 MSP (was 240)
Kiss the Rim Sprite Slam — 120 MSP (was 240)
Off Backboard Sprite Slam — 120 MSP (was 240)
Sprite Monster Slam — 120 MSP (was 240)

thumblg.png

Chicago Bulls NBA2K12 Jersey (Men/Women) — 120 MSP (was 240)

thumblg.png

Los Angeles Lakers NBA2K12 Jersey (Men/Women) — 120 MSP (was 240)

thumblg.png

Miami Heat NBA2K12 Jersey (Men/Women) — 120 MSP (was 240)

thumblg.png

New York Knicks NBA2K12 Jersey (Men/Women) — 120 MSP (was 240)

[quote name='Hyunkel']Are the Fable 3 dlcs worth it at those prices?[/QUOTE]

Traitor's Keep? Well, in short.... fuck YES. Everything else? No, especially the Understone crap.

I saw that majornelson tweeted that the xbox live gold 1 year membership is $35.99 - but it's only available to US customers on amazon.com. Is there a canadian equivalent anywhere? Amazon.ca has it at 52.99 which is a silly jump...They even offer to email the code, but again only to american clients. I can probably find someone in the states to do this for me, but would prefer to just get it done myself.

[quote name='flames23']I saw that majornelson tweeted that the xbox live gold 1 year membership is $35.99 - but it's only available to US customers on amazon.com. Is there a canadian equivalent anywhere? Amazon.ca has it at 52.99 which is a silly jump...They even offer to email the code, but again only to american clients. I can probably find someone in the states to do this for me, but would prefer to just get it done myself.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just sign up a account on .com yourself, add a random US mailing address (1 Microsoft Way maybe?), and have them just email you the code. I've never seen regional Amazon's be picky about the origin country on the credit card.

I suppose I could have delved into it further. I already have a .com acct, but of course with my real address for past purchases. I just assumed the billing addy and the shipping addy had to a) match b) be in the same country.

Thanks for the idea.

**edit**Online Game Code: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.
I also tried to ship the card here, but after a $8.99 shipping cost and import fees deposit - it comes to $49.42 US. No thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that sucks. Hmm, perhaps you could bypass that by grabbing a .com gift card? I don't know for certain if that would work though, so there's a risk of being stuck with a gift card.

Hmm, you may be correct. I may get in touch with Goomba, or some american relatives. I don't think there's anyway they can make the code only work on US accounts (that's only for points cards, and I can't see them having only a certain batch that are reserved for us gamertags for membership promos) cause if they could I'd be disappointed. I'll keep looking for canadian alternatives. I can't be the only one wanting to take advantage of these savings. I got 40% on my dashboard last year, not so lucky this year.

Make sure the live codes work in Canada before shelling out the $$. I know that points codes are regional, so American codes won't work in Canada and vice Versa. Not sure about memberships.

American memberships have always worked fine. Lots of CAGs have gotten codes through Goomba and such.

Thinking of Goomba, I'm pretty sure he takes Amazon.com gift cards as payments. So he'd probably know best if a Canadian purchased gift card could work on such an item.

[quote name='mikelolol']Nobody else who bought the GoW3 season pass feeling a bit conned now?[/QUOTE]

I bought it a few weeks ago. I'm fine with it. The sale doesn't include all the DLC included with the season pass, and the sale is no better than the savings on the season pass. If anything it's good for those of us who bought the season pass. Discounts on specific dlc will mean more people who want to play specific aspects of the game can purchase it without committing to the whole pass. It increases the player base.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I bought it a few weeks ago. I'm fine with it. The sale doesn't include all the DLC included with the season pass, and the sale is no better than the savings on the season pass. If anything it's good for those of us who bought the season pass. Discounts on specific dlc will mean more people who want to play specific aspects of the game can purchase it without committing to the whole pass. It increases the player base.[/QUOTE]

I get what you mean, but for us who purchased the Season Pass for 2400 points, and we were told we were saving 800 points, which is a substantial enough saving (at least for me, nearly £10!) to actually purchase it, in reality now we haven't saved that much, RAAMs has 400 points off and the other one has some off, meaning the combined price of the content seperately is now about 2560 points. I feel like we got a slight raw deal on this.

Think of it this way, if in the future they reduce the costs of the other two DLCs included in the pack, the Season Pass will of been the more expensive option to receive all the content.

Tell me if any of my numbers are wrong though!

I do get the more people playing Gears thing though, the game isn't super active online atm...

EDIT: 800 MS points is not £10, more like £7

[quote name='mikelolol']Nobody else who bought the GoW3 season pass feeling a bit conned now?[/QUOTE]

I got the Jew Pass on sale back in December.

bread's done
Back