Xbox Live "Deal of the Week" -- N+

onemorechanc

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
This game is pretty good but after a while you will likely hit a wall where everything seems impossible and probably just stop playing. The PC version (N) is free however.

game is well worth it at the full price i paid. Some levels can get very difficult, but i found it rewardingly challenging. co-op multiplayer is a lot of fun as well. The Full 200/200 wasn't terrible, but the last couple levels were pretty tough.

Pure 2d platforming bliss.

At 400 it is a must buy I would say. N+ is the really the only arcade game I've ever impulse bought. I just wanted something different to play and grabbed it.

Even at 560 it's a steal in my opinion. Can get frustrating (what games don't?) but is seriously addicting. Bought it at full price when first released and don't regret it.

I've had a lot of fun with this game. I just wish they would have a deal on the level packs, too. While it's really cool that level pack #3 is free, I'd really like to pick up level packs #1 and #2, but I don't want to shell out 400 more points to get them. I'd probably bite if I could get both packs for 200 though.

bought it on the website, it is listed for 400 points, bought it, been waiting for this one to come up on deal of the week! woohoo, pays to wait

Best version out there in my opinion. Free level pack (packs?) available online too, adding 150 levels. I haven't gotten around to those levels yet but I did finish every level included in the game. The co-op levels are a blast with 4 people.

What makes it different from the flash version ? (Just trying to list reasons why to buy it, ya im just that cheap ;) )

[quote name='Turtleman']What makes it different from the flash version ? (Just trying to list reasons why to buy it, ya im just that cheap ;) )[/QUOTE]

New Levels, Achievements, Multiplayer, Co op, Level Editor, Share Levels over XBL.

[quote name='MaddogMonty']New Levels, Achievements, Multiplayer, Co op, Level Editor, Share Levels over XBL.[/QUOTE]

And the co-op is SUPER FUN. Have a bunch of people over and run through the co-op campaign. The game forces you to work as a team by splitting you into isolated sections of the level and has you hit switches to allow your teammates to progress.

Aside from a level or two that are unfairly difficult with 4 people, it's a great time. Even when you're getting ruined it can be pretty fun.

Does anyone have the next schedule for the deals of the week? Isn't it released in OXM? I am trying to score The Pitt on the cheap...

N+ is definitely worth the 400 points. I already have the DS version, but just being able to play this online with friends makes it well worth getting. Plus you can't go wrong with the price tag.

[quote name='Gumbeaux Jr']Does anyone have the next schedule for the deals of the week? Isn't it released in OXM? I am trying to score The Pitt on the cheap...[/QUOTE]

Damn someone already asked too.

Whoa wait why is this in the Canada section instead of just the generic Video Game Deals section?

[quote name='WillGabriel']And the co-op is SUPER FUN. Have a bunch of people over and run through the co-op campaign. The game forces you to work as a team by splitting you into isolated sections of the level and has you hit switches to allow your teammates to progress.

Aside from a level or two that are unfairly difficult with 4 people, it's a great time. Even when you're getting ruined it can be pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

Would you recommend it over fallout 3 dlc?(cause ive been waiting for point lookout since the E3 trailer:D)

definitely worth the 400 points. I already have the DS version, but just being able to play
signature_singh.jpg
:)

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Whoa wait why is this in the Canada section instead of just the generic Video Game Deals section?[/QUOTE]

I guess it's a selfish thing ... because I'm from Canada, and the "Video Game Deals --> Canada" section of the forums is the only thing I ever look at on this site.

Am I the only Canadian who doesn't look at any other part of this site?

I ended up buying this. Godamn it is actually lots of fun, multiplayer is great. If anyone wants to play send me a message on live say your from CAG and we can play co-op and get the achievements.

[quote name='onemorechanc']I guess it's a selfish thing ... because I'm from Canada, and the "Video Game Deals --> Canada" section of the forums is the only thing I ever look at on this site.

Am I the only Canadian who doesn't look at any other part of this site?[/QUOTE]

Nope :)

[quote name='Turtleman']Would you recommend it over fallout 3 dlc?(cause ive been waiting for point lookout since the E3 trailer:D)[/QUOTE]

Why not just wait for the F3 GOTY edition and save yourself some money?

[quote name='lllGurulll']Has Castle Crashers seen a sale price as yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet but maybe in the future.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Only Alien Hominid so far[/QUOTE]

Others have

Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Penny Arcade Episode 1
Bionic Commando: Re-Armed
Braid

Bought it a few days ago, haven't played anything else since. It is a million times better on Xbox than PC.

I caved in and bought it. I had 800 points left and was waiting for Turtles in time Re-Shelled. But since that is going to be 1200 points I said, "Meh, may as well." Not disappointed. I've played the PC version many many times, but the different levels and a possibility of playing multiplayer (joining a game was impossible the other night) makes it worthwhile.

[quote name='Korahn']I caved in and bought it. I had 800 points left and was waiting for Turtles in time Re-Shelled. But since that is going to be 1200 points I said, "Meh, may as well." Not disappointed. I've played the PC version many many times, but the different levels and a possibility of playing multiplayer (joining a game was impossible the other night) makes it worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Just create your own game and people will join. I find this game EXTREMELY fun online, matter of fact I think I'll play some right now.

If anyone wants a challenge add GT: Syem

bread's done
Back