XBOX Live Deals 12/30 Castle Crashers 560 12/28-1/3 The Maw

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Friday 12/18 2010 Avatar Glasses and Present Prop
Saturday 12/19 Worms 2: Armageddon 400 (was 800)
Sunday 12/20 NYE Theme FREE (was 240)
Monday 12/21 White Christmas for Lips 80 (was 160)
Tuesday 12/22 Some Crappy Movie 80
Wednesday 12/23 Marvel vs Capcom 2 560 (was 1200)
Thursday 12/24 Uno Rush 400 (was 800)
Friday 12/25 Monkey Island Special Edition 400 (was 800)

Upcoming RUMOURED list (may be for euro region only)

:error: 22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
:applause:23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
:applause:24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
:applause:25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
:error: 26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
:applause:27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
:applause:28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
:error: 29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
:applause: 30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

From Major Nelson...

Week of December 14:
Lips: Coldplay Track Pack for 240 Microsoft Points

December 21 through December 27:
Shadow Complex for 800 points (awesome, been waiting for a drop)

Week of December 28:
The Maw for 400 Microsoft Points (double awesome, been waiting for this too!)

Finally, starting December 18th and continuing through the 31st we’ll be having a new Xbox LIVE Holiday Deal every single day. We’re not posting that schedule in advance so you’ll need to check back each day to see what the offer is. You can find out what each deal is by signing into Xbox LIVE and checking the dashboard. Plus each day, I’ll post the Holiday Daily deal to my Twitter account so you may want follow me so you can find out what the deal is even if you are not in front of your console.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seed84']no i am actually in the maketplace on the 360 and thats what im getting[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, that sucks. I was going to buy this on a friend's console so we could play online together. Hopefully they update the marketplace soon.

If you click on it to buy it, it shows up as 400 points before you confirm.

Is there something wrong with the theme? In the picture it shows new year themed backdrops when you're viewing your friends. But when I download it and change my theme, it's just the default xbox backdrops.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! I just lost a whole bunch of gamerscore cause I connected my Xbox to the net again. I played a bit at my brothers at some point, so I had to "recover" my gamertag, only to find everything I did while offline isn't good enough for Microsoft to bother keeping.... Certainly I've never been an achievement whore, but that's a pretty good kick in the nuts...

Well, yeah. It recovers it online. It can only recover your gamertag up to the last time it was connected online. Otherwise it can't find your info.

[quote name='ragnar14']fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! I just lost a whole bunch of gamerscore cause I connected my Xbox to the net again. I played a bit at my brothers at some point, so I had to "recover" my gamertag, only to find everything I did while offline isn't good enough for Microsoft to bother keeping.... Certainly I've never been an achievement whore, but that's a pretty good kick in the nuts...[/QUOTE]

This happened to me once. When recovering... it recovers its last status that went online

[quote name='ragnar14']fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! I just lost a whole bunch of gamerscore cause I connected my Xbox to the net again. I played a bit at my brothers at some point, so I had to "recover" my gamertag, only to find everything I did while offline isn't good enough for Microsoft to bother keeping.... Certainly I've never been an achievement whore, but that's a pretty good kick in the nuts...[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what the other two guys said. If you went online with your profile that you earned your offline achievements with then you'd have kept them, but since you recovered it, there's no way for MS to know which new ones you earned offline. And if you have your profile on a memory card and played offline at home, offline at your brothers and then brought it back home, you shouldn't have needed to recover it. I do it all the time... just not at your brothers :)

According to Major Nelson
"Today's #Holiday Deal: Avatar Golf for 200 points. (US/Japan only. Check your console dashboard for a non-US deal)"

He still doesn't know what the non-US deal is. seems strange that this is limited to US/Japan since a bunch of other countries(like canada) have access to the indie games.

Picked up Shadow Complex for the time being...I've been pretty satisfied with the deals so far though. I was debating getting Worms 2 anyways, so it was a no-brainer for me.

[quote name='Placebo']Anyone know what the DOTD is for Canada? It doesn't appear on my dashboard for some reason...[/QUOTE]

I've been checking every once in a while myself. We might know within the next couple hours.

I just downloaded Shadow Complex for 800 MS pts. and just died after playing 15 mins. of it... this game is awesome!!!! download it nooooooow :bomb:

Hey y'all, so it turns out that the free new year's theme from yesterday wasn't a premium theme after all. But for those of you who downloaded it you can merely re-download the full premium theme when they put it up.

Hey y'all, so according to Major Nelson the free new year's theme from yesterday wasn't a premium theme after all. But for those of you who downloaded it you can merely re-download the full premium theme when MS puts it up.

[quote name='Ashground']Okay, complete ignorance here. I was thinking of picking up a 360 -- what's with all the Gold talk? Do you need a Gold membership in order to get these deals?[/QUOTE]

Nope, you don't need a membership to buy games online. You just need to purchase xbox points (through your LIVE account or at your electronics store) and an internet connection.

[quote name='Mxylptlk']Pretty much what the other two guys said. If you went online with your profile that you earned your offline achievements with then you'd have kept them, but since you recovered it, there's no way for MS to know which new ones you earned offline.[/QUOTE]

Err no, that's exactly the problem. Upon reconnecting an offline Xbox any accounts that have been used elsewhere no longer function. MS gives you no chance to connect and update your stats, you're forced to restore your account.

Anyways, it's just a lesson learned. It's a good thing I connected now rather than later, or else the damage would pile up worse...

How do you expect them to grab stats from an offline account though... you recover it online. It can only recover what was last online. It would be like uploading a document, changing it on your computer without being connected to the internet, and then expecting the online document to be updated.

Arg, I think I don't have any luck. I only reconnected to grab Shadow Complex, which I didn't get around to doing yesterday. And of course it seems it wasn't actually on sale for a week, it's already gone back up in price... :whistle2:#

[quote name='ragnar14']Arg, I think I don't have any luck. I only reconnected to grab Shadow Complex, which I didn't get around to doing yesterday. And of course it seems it wasn't actually on sale for a week, it's already gone back up in price... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

shadow complex is 800...no idea why you see it went up in price as I just picked it up

and on a side note...that Lips song for 80MS points is just plain sad...not that i really wanted Avatar Golf either

why don't they just do what people want and discount XBLA games/DLC for the 12 days...screw the petty crap they dish out and give us some real discounts on items we actually want

Drop Trials HD/Splosion man by $5 each for a day...cut the price of the top DLC's in half for a day here and there as well...I can always dream :cry:

Ah, I'm stupid. I just realized I was browsing the marketplace on my brothers account, which is only Silver ^_^; I'll have to wait till he's off to try with my account...

[quote name='ragnar14']Ah, I'm stupid. I just realized I was browsing the marketplace on my brothers account, which is only Silver ^_^; I'll have to wait till he's off to try with my account...[/QUOTE]

;)

[quote name='ragnar14']Err no, that's exactly the problem. Upon reconnecting an offline Xbox any accounts that have been used elsewhere no longer function. MS gives you no chance to connect and update your stats, you're forced to restore your account.

Anyways, it's just a lesson learned. It's a good thing I connected now rather than later, or else the damage would pile up worse...[/QUOTE]
Only one gamertag file can be the master file at any one time. If you generally use it on your home machine, go to your bro's, recover it, then that one is the new master. Then you play offline on his machine for hours, go back home, and try to use the old one on your hard drive, it'll ask you to recover, which if you do, you lose everything you did offline. But if you had logged into the internet with the new "master" from your bro's from any machine(including your home) you'd have kept it all.

Generally, if you play a lot at different places, the best bet is to buy a cheap small memory card, keep your profile on that, you'll never lose anything. But the downside is the constant popup of where do you want to save your files... but a ton of games pop that up anyway even if there's only one choice.

Anyone know what the exchange rate is for buying MS points off my dashboard lazy styles? I have 760 left and wanted to grab Shadow Complex...however, I know I'm getting some pts for xmas, but then there may be a DOTD I want also :p

I could go to the store and pick up another 1400 pts card, but I'm too lazy. For 1000 pts it's $14.50 (this is $US I'm certain)...anyone who has ever bought points this way, preferably recently please let me know if this worked out to $16 Canadian, or if you get raped and it's $19 or something stupid.

I realize it's not THAT big of a deal, but I'd rather not piss away the 400 pts extra on a $20 card if the exchange rate is severely out of whack between MS and my Mastercard

Those of you who downloaded Sunday's free new year's theme can go to their download history and re-download the thing. The correct theme is now up. In case you're wondering, it adds new year's themed objects to your Friend's List avatars instead of the generic Xbox objects.

Also the US got "Stargate: Continuum" for 80 MS points as their deal of the day instead of the crappy, uh, I mean campy horror flick we got.

[quote name='flames23']Anyone know what the exchange rate is for buying MS points off my dashboard lazy styles? I have 760 left and wanted to grab Shadow Complex...however, I know I'm getting some pts for xmas, but then there may be a DOTD I want also :p

I could go to the store and pick up another 1400 pts card, but I'm too lazy. For 1000 pts it's $14.50 (this is $US I'm certain)...anyone who has ever bought points this way, preferably recently please let me know if this worked out to $16 Canadian, or if you get raped and it's $19 or something stupid.

I realize it's not THAT big of a deal, but I'd rather not piss away the 400 pts extra on a $20 card if the exchange rate is severely out of whack between MS and my Mastercard[/QUOTE]

the $14.50 you are paying via XBL Canada is in Canadian dollars (as long as you have a canadian account). Apply tax on that and you have your final price

so if you have 13% sales tax then $14.5 x 1.13 = $16.38 CDN

Thanks Kyle. It's 12% tax in BC (5%GST 7%PST) so it would be $16.24 vs. the $15.99 it would cost if there was such a thing as a 1000 pt card in stores.

I'm not too sure why Neksus and Placebo were wondering why I was joking with such a minuscule difference in price.

And to Neksus, if you were commenting on the DOTD and not my inquiry, my apologies.
Placebo, it's not $4 for an extra 400pts if Kyle is right in stating that it's in Canadian funds it would be $6.15 extra taxes in. Not a big deal, no, but considering it's only 1 cent more via the dashboard per 40 ms points vs. the store, I'm not seeing why buying them that way is such a 'rip-off' when it would cost me more to commute somewhere to buy a card.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Wow, I didn't think the deals could get worse and they already have. How low can you go? :([/QUOTE]

The official press release says "[FONT=&quot]one-day discounts on select Xbox LIVE Marketplace content every day – games, movies, blockbuster game add-ons, holiday themes, you name it!"
[/FONT]so they've already covered games, movies, add-ons(although I don't think Lips is blockbuster) and themes. I guess there's only "you name it!" left... you're right, could get bad... maybe they'll discount some icon packs, or an xbox original!!! Can't wait.

It also mentioned these "awesome" deals are for both gold and silver members. I thought people complained the other day when Worms was gold only.

[quote name='flames23']Thanks Kyle. It's 12% tax in BC (5%GST 7%PST) so it would be $16.24 vs. the $15.99 it would cost if there was such a thing as a 1000 pt card in stores.

I'm not too sure why Neksus and Placebo were wondering why I was joking with such a minuscule difference in price.

And to Neksus, if you were commenting on the DOTD and not my inquiry, my apologies.
Placebo, it's not $4 for an extra 400pts if Kyle is right in stating that it's in Canadian funds it would be $6.15 extra taxes in. Not a big deal, no, but considering it's only 1 cent more via the dashboard per 40 ms points vs. the store, I'm not seeing why buying them that way is such a 'rip-off' when it would cost me more to commute somewhere to buy a card.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people are so against buying points via the dashboard. The only feasible explanation is they don't want their credit cards on file...but who cares. The amount of money you are saving by buying a point card (at retail) to points (via the XBL dash) is such a minuscule difference its almost pointless and going out of your house to specifically buy a point card is also pointless as you spend more on the gas to get there than you'd save by just buying it online

Dashboard purchase:
500 points = $7.25 CDN = $0.0145 CDN per point (before your taxes)

Retail purchase:
1400 points = $19.99 CDN = $0.0143 CDN per point (before your taxes)

and trust me its in canadian funds. I called up MS support one day before making a purchase to verify it. as long as you have a canadian account it'll be CDN$ ;) (another hint to it is when you make a purchase it says it'll add applicable taxes, not taxes and a conversion price)

Well myself I've never bought points for the full retail price. Plus I've never cared enough to go out of my way to get some, so the gas argument doesn't count. Also it's nice to have some useless card laying aboot to throw at invading Mongols :)

Wednesday 12/23 Marvel vs Capcom 2 560 (was 1200)

Upcoming RUMOURED list (may be for euro region only)

24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

[quote name='TripleQ']Upcoming RUMOURED list (may be for euro region only)

24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

Nice, if those are true, that's pretty good. I have most of it, but I wouldn't mind grabbing monkey island. Battlefield is normally 1200, so if it is on sale it'll probably be 560 like the others.

bread's done
Back