Xbox LIVE DOTW 17th-24th

Booyakz

CAGiversary!
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

GTA: San Andreas - 800 MSP (reg. 1200)
GTA IV - $22.49 (reg. $29.99)
GTA IV: The Lost and Damned - 400 MSP (reg. 800)
GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony - 800 MSP (reg. 1600)

I can personally attest to the quality of these items. I really loved these.

I believe the Complete Edition is $39.99, while all the GTA IV content on LIVE would cost you $37.49. You aren't saving much, perhaps the convenience will win you over?

A little GTA IV might give me a good bit of variety after nearing 100 hours of Skyrim... maybe I'll have a try at Gay Tony, nohomo :lol:

Lost/Damned never really jumped out at me as too interesting.

TBoGT was the best of the 3 GTA IV stories, IMO. While I didn't like Luis as much as Niko, the supporting characters are amazing (Yusuf Amir > Roman Bellic) and nightclubs are a nice change of pace. Oh, and the inclusion of an underground fight club and free-falling/parachuting are welcome additions.

I do believe TLaD is worth $5, for the races alone. You can smack the other races senseless with a bat as you pass by, reminiscent of Road Rash.

I believe you need the GTA IV disc, or GTA IV downloaded on your console to play the DLC, just a heads-up!

[quote name='Booyakz']I believe the Complete Edition is $39.99, while all the GTA IV content on LIVE would cost you $37.49. You aren't saving much, perhaps the convenience will win you over?[/QUOTE]

The Complete Edition has been on sale for $19.99 a number of times and surely will be again. Unless you already own the game and are getting the DLC on the deal, it's not really that great (unless you're using some of those deep-discount MS points, I suppose).

These should be the regular prices and a sale should bring them down to the $20 level. I don't think game developers and xbox live understand how many downloads they could be getting if they just priced their products fairly.

The games are old now, why should people that don't have them already - pay this much online when they are already cheaper in store. Give people a real deal and they will jump at it.

Problem is, if Microsoft starts to undercut the brick and mortars, they might decide to stop carrying Microsoft products (maybe not all products, perhaps just the Xbox products). At some point, we end up with Microsoft products being available only from the Microsoft Store and online. Bad business practice for Microsoft, plus a loss of a large consumer base whom have no internet access.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[quote name='Booyakz']Problem is, if Microsoft starts to undercut the brick and mortars, they might decide to stop carrying Microsoft products (maybe not all products, perhaps just the Xbox products). At some point, we end up with Microsoft products being available only from the Microsoft Store and online. Bad business practice for Microsoft, plus a loss of a large consumer base whom have no internet access.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough on new products... but when San Andreas was relased in 2004! and GTA IV was 2008? We aren't talking about undercutting on a product that is highly sought after at this point, we are talking about getting sales where they are now almost nonexistent.

I don't think any store would take notice if any product that had been out for 2 years or more was 'blown out' on Xbox Live at a great price.

bread's done
Back