Xbox Live DotW A Kingdom for Keflings 400 points 1/4-1/10

I'll probably pick this up since I heard it was fun, but I'll definitely try the demo out first.

With this and all the previous deals I'll have spent ~3000 MSP not including the new DAO DLC and possibly other EA games on the Marketplace if the Holiday deal includes the new DLC on the last day (tomorrow) IIRC. Too many sales!!!

Stop taking my money MS ! I knew this holiday sale was going to be too popular not to turn it in a DOTW sale every week now. I guess they have enough content that they could put things on sale every week. Thanks OP.

I got Keflings when it came out. It's a great/fun game. You can sit back and relax. It's a good way to "decompress" after a hard day. There's no conflict in the game at all. Some people don't like this but it would really disrupt the whole feel of the game for me if an army came and destroyed your town.

There's also a couple recently released map packs for the game. I got the maps but haven't had a chance to play them yet as I've got so many other games that I purchased on sale recently.

[quote name='typical guy']There's no conflict in the game at all. Some people don't like this but it would really disrupt the whole feel of the game for me if an army came and destroyed your town.[/QUOTE]

Having played the demo and civilization revolution, this is a hilarious, yet a correct comment. Probly gonna grab the game, although I too got too many games to play with all the sales in the recent months.

Of course I just bought it less than a month ago. I did play the crap out of it though. I think its worth 400 points for sure. I had friends who played it with me so it made it a bit more fun. You can kick the disruptive people. I had a bunch of people join just to kick keflings and spell obscene stuff with logs.

I would be all over this if MS would put out a reasonbly price hard drive. I've heard this is a cool and relaxing game.

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']Stop taking my money MS ! I knew this holiday sale was going to be too popular not to turn it in a DOTW sale every week now. I guess they have enough content that they could put things on sale every week. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

MS has been doing the DOTW since before the holiday sale due to the popularity. The Holiday sale was a DOTD given the prior success of DOTW.

Since I am one of the "morons" that the kids on the game blogs rag on for enjoying Avatars, I have been dying to get a game that utilizes them.

Downloaded the demo but never tried it out because I just hate buying games I don't "own". But for this price I might bite.

[quote name='gr8asianman']I've wanted this for quite some time, but couldn't justify 800pts. I'll have to get it now though. Thanks op.[/QUOTE]
Exactly my thoughts.

Keflings is well worth 400 pts. It's a very relaxing game with easy achievements that I enjoyed playing between other more consuming games.

They've patched the game so that only your friends can destroy structures in your town when you play online, which solves the main issue with the game. It used to suck trying to get the multiplayer achievements and having some asshat griefer come to your town and destroy as much as they could before you could kick them.

Now, if you have an asshat griefer in your friends list, you'll just have to be quick with the kick, but otherwise you'll be good.

Amazon has listings for a Ninjabee Critic's Choice Collection, but I can't really find any info on it other than that. It seems to have supposedly come out in December, but I'll be damned if I've seen it. Does anyone know anything about it? I ask because I'd be interested in said collection and wouldn't want to take advantage of this deal to have to turn around and regret it later.

Here's the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Ninjabee-Critics-Choice-Collection-Xbox-360/dp/B002JCMYVU

[quote name='sunfiredragon']Amazon has listings for a Ninjabee Critic's Choice Collection, but I can't really find any info on it other than that. It seems to have supposedly come out in December, but I'll be damned if I've seen it. Does anyone know anything about it? I ask because I'd be interested in said collection and wouldn't want to take advantage of this deal to have to turn around and regret it later.

Here's the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Ninjabee-Critics-Choice-Collection-Xbox-360/dp/B002JCMYVU[/QUOTE]

I actually received an e-mail about that from Gamefly, the game was apparently canceled by the publisher. It's a shame, since I would have loved a Ninja Bee collection.

LOVE THIS GAME!

I was able to get a good 6 hours of single player and another 4 hours online with a buddy building towns. For $5, you will get a lot of fun packaged into a simple and fun concept.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is it possible to restrict visitors to only friends in this game?[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about people jumping in and breaking all your buildings down, I think they added something with the last patch that will not allow others to destroy your buildings. I'm not sure exactly what they did.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I actually received an e-mail about that from Gamefly, the game was apparently canceled by the publisher. It's a shame, since I would have loved a Ninja Bee collection.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I keep looking this thing up and it was driving me bananas. I wish these vendors would take down the listing if it's dead. Still, the info is much appreciated.

Love this game! Highly recomend it! I have had it since it first came out.
Now, here is hoping for Magic: The Gathering being a deal of the week soon!

[quote name='breakingcustoms']3 pages of positive reviews...ill bite[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the 3 pages of positive reviews got me too. Going to buy this when I get home.

I wish I had of waited until it went on sale. I bought it the day it was available and after I beat it a couple of days later, I never touched it again. I've been on the fence about picking up the add ons but I don't want to drop the cash on stuff I'll just play once.

Fun game, no replay value. At least not for me.

IIRC I have all the achievements except the multiplayer ones? Something about flags. Fun game, better when you get it going with someone else.

Three pages of positive reviews only means so much. I can't get into Geometry Wars at all even though it has super positive reviews. I can totally appreciate those reviews as it's a very high quality game and clearly fantastic for what it is. I just didn't like it. So I'll try the Kefling demo. It's downloaded and I'll test it tonight.

i remember kicking around my little keflings workers when the avatar craze came out.

good times, wont be buying it tho.

i am on a tight budget here
hard-drive speaking :)
yeah i gotta save those gigs.
the only and probably last xbl game i will be buying will be Perfect Dark.

bread's done
Back