Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

I picked up Worms 2 todays, and for a kick Worms 1. Not bad. Looking forward to the other daily deals. I have several thousand points to burn...

[quote name='nesagwa']I assume the next days deals show up at 12am Pacific time?[/QUOTE]

why do people assume this? check back on the pages around 12am on the previous days to see them full of people b!tching. it's pretty random, just check it when you wake up and it'll most likely be there.

About 10 minutes ago, majornelson said he will be posting tomorrow's deal around 9a ET/6a PT/1400 GMT. Don't know if that's when the deals change though.

If you really want to know, then you could backtrack thru the thread to find out when the previous two deals went live.

I'm hoping for more free stuff, even if it's just avatar crap. I've only got 320 points, so I'm probably not going to be able to afford any of the games anyway. But I'm late and missed out on the avatar 2010 glasses. Oh well.

Im hoping for some more good XBLA game sales, preferably Metal Slug 3, Zombie Apocalypse, and a few others :D. (A sale on Games on Demand would be pretty awesome too)

[quote name='utopianmachine']Not Premium.[/QUOTE]

why do they even bother making or offering themes that aren't premium anymore. They don't even show up right (imo) and just look dumb... besides you could just put a picture on a usb drive and use that and it'd be the same thing.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Not Premium.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking at the blade for it in the New Year's Countdown section in XBL and it say Free Premium Theme. In the picture there is an avatar standing in front af a lighted star and there is another avatar standing in front of a microphone. When I downloaded it, the placeholders the avatars stand in front of are the default pictures. Seems like there was either a coding or labeling error.

Oh, it's not premium? I downloaded without even checking.
Hooray...wallpaper!! :roll:
[quote name='kidrocklive']...besides you could just put a picture on a usb drive and use that and it'd be the same thing.[/QUOTE]Well, not exactly the same--official themes can change pics--, but yeah, I agree with you. The reason why I'd never purchase a theme is that I already have an unlimited source of free backgrounds. And, IMHO they're much cooler than anything available on the marketplace.

Hmm. You are correct, cycophuk. That is definitely a premium theme shown in the image.

Maybe the premium part is deal #10.

I guess Major Nelson is on the case: "Regarding today's theme being premium, I've asked the Marketplace/Marketing team about it. I'll post when hear something".

These "deals" are quite disappointing. Granted I did get the New Years glasses and theme (already had Worms 2), but I'm hoping for deals on DLC and more games not crappy extras. Guess this idea was too good to be true. Let's hope they step up their game by the end.

[quote name='Cleaner7']These "deals" are quite disappointing. Granted I did get the New Years glasses and theme (already had Worms 2), but I'm hoping for deals on DLC and more games not crappy extras. Guess this idea was too good to be true. Let's hope they step up their game by the end.[/QUOTE]

It's only been three so far, 2 of which are free, and the other a great deal, so I'd have to disagree (at the moment).

Also, what's a "premium" theme, and why are people PO'ed that this isn't one?

[quote name='ProggleRock']Also, what's a "premium" theme, and why are people PO'ed that this isn't one?[/QUOTE]
I believe the only difference between a regular theme and a premium theme is when you go to your friends section on the Dashboard, the props standing next to your friends' avatars are specifically created for that particular theme. The regular themes just have the generic 360 robot, 360 console, etc.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Wow, someone said they wanted cheaper gamerpics. That would have definitely failed less hard than a NON Premium theme![/QUOTE]

That would have been me. I figured at the rate(weak sauce) they were going they would do something like that. fucker.:booty:

There sure is a lot of bitching for free shit.

Yesterday's game deal was great. 400 points for an Arcade game is pretty much the lowest one can go.. and the other two items were again, FREE.

[quote name='mis0']There sure is a lot of bitching for free shit.

Yesterday's game deal was great. 400 points for an Arcade game is pretty much the lowest one can go.. and the other two items were again, FREE.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm sayin. Free is free. M$ isn't going to put all of there best stuff on sale. A few gems here and there, but chances are that most of it is going to be crappy..

[quote name='mis0']There sure is a lot of bitching for free shit.

Yesterday's game deal was great. 400 points for an Arcade game is pretty much the lowest one can go.. and the other two items were again, FREE.[/QUOTE]

Free =/= good all the time. So far the majority think the glasses sucked and people are disappointed in the mislableing of the theme. As for the Worms 2 deal, it was a good deal and I'm not sure why people would complain about it. In the end though, just because a company gives away free shit doesn't mean it's good shit and I don't see why they should have their asses kissed b/c they are giving crap (so far) away for free.

Seriously >_>, its a free theme, quit whining, you cant possibly expect them to give us epic game deals (Like the Worms 2 yesterday), every day, or they would lose tons and tons of money.

[quote name='gordojones88']Since the Free Premium Theme isn't Premium, I'm going to have a cup of hot cocoa and then cry myself to sleep tonight.[/QUOTE]

me too :cry:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Seriously >_>, its a free theme, quit whining, you cant possibly expect them to give us epic game deals (Like the Worms 2 yesterday), every day, or they would lose tons and tons of money.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the themes should all be free to begin with. That you normally have to pay for them is pretty ludicrous.

[quote name='Springheeled Jack']Wow...It's nice to see so many jolly people who appreciate it when they're given stuff. Truly the greatest of Christmas spirit! -Eyeroll-[/QUOTE]

I agree

bread's done
Back