Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

Wow, seriously lame. Of the remaining list, Magic: The Gathering was the one that I was most interested in, though I'll probably grab the other games if they're actually true. A movie rental, though (and a crappy movie at that)? Way to drop the ball again just after finally picking it up, Microsoft.

I bit on Monkey Island since it was still sale price a couple hours ago. I'm definitely in on The Maw as of the 28th and if Rez and Castle Crashers go on sale, i'm grabbing both of those for sure.

Well, the next two were confirmed by Xbox themselves (Fallout and Guitar Hero DLC) and Battlefield was confirmed by EA (for 600 points, not 400 or 560). But the promo that confirmed Fallout and GH also mentioned some free/on sale Avatar items, so either Braid or Castle Crashers won't be showing up (my money is on Braid).

Damnit!! Magic TG was the one I was REALLY REALLY REALLY PUMPED for!!!! It was the one of the "list" that I wanted the most!!!

..... discounted SD movie rental....
Oh well, can't win them all.

[quote name='Skoad']Well, the next two were confirmed by Xbox themselves (Fallout and Guitar Hero DLC) and Battlefield was confirmed by EA (for 600 points, not 400 or 560). But the promo that confirmed Fallout and GH also mentioned some free/on sale Avatar items, so either Braid or Castle Crashers won't be showing up (my money is on Braid).[/QUOTE]

When does Battlefield drop in price? What promo shows this?

I haven't look back at other replies throughout the pages but does anyone know which Fallout DLC will be on sale or is it all of them?

I bet on Braid going on sale... it'd be the smart move for owners of both systems to with the cheaper 360 one. (But then again, that would make sense, so who knows?)

[quote name='Rincorvaia']are you serious? some crappy sci fi movie today? This sale is a fing joke[/QUOTE]

And it's not even buy a crappy sci fi movie for $1, it's just a rental. This is possibly the worst "sale" I have ever seen on a digital distribution platform.

[quote name='evophile']I own it already, but today is a winner!

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for 560 space bucks http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/us-GB/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

Also a supposed list leaked the other day that everyone thought was fake b/c yesterdays deal didn't match up. However turns out other regions did in fact get Rez. Stolen from Eurogamer, this list is probably not 100%, and probably either came from EU or ASIA territory. Also the BF1943 original price is wrong.

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

Ummmmn Ummmmmmmn Yummy !

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Wow, Horrible Honestly. These movie downloads are just crappy I think. So I guess that list isn't offical then[/QUOTE]Heh. Yeah, these discounted rentals should really help put the free prop and theme into perspective. In hindsight, I bet CAGs aren't regarding them so scornfully anymore.

Not all regions have chimed in, yet. I suppose it's possible that somebody may be getting Magic, just like some people got Rez HD.

The two games I've been waiting for are coming up in the final days. Hope they don't pull this BS then.

These movie deals should have been free. Then they wouldn't have disappointed me so much. Hope they still have castle crashers on the 30th.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Damn it, Magic was the one I really wanted out of all of this. I used to play a long time ago and have been playing the heck out of the demo even if you can't "make your own decks" (can only substitute certain cards) I was really enjoying it and wanted to grab it.

I was about to buy it the 1st day this sale was announced, held off hoping it'd be on here, then the list came out and i was patting myself on the back for waiting, and now they put some lame ass rental up instead :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Bah >_>, i was actually hoping todays deal was Magic, for only 400 points, even if i never played before, it was worth a buy. Im praying the Braid deal is true though, also hoping maybe some of the less good deals on the list turn out to be better stuff (Namely tommorow and mondays deals)

Wow...a crappy movie for a $1. What a crappy deal Microsoft. I still hope Castle Crashers is on there I been wanting this one for awhile.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Wow, Horrible Honestly. These movie downloads are just crappy I think. So I guess that list isn't offical then[/QUOTE]

It is official. For Europe.

[quote name='evophile']I own it already, but today is a winner!

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for 560 space bucks http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/us-GB/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

Also a supposed list leaked the other day that everyone thought was fake b/c yesterdays deal didn't match up. However turns out other regions did in fact get Rez. Stolen from Eurogamer, this list is probably not 100%, and probably either came from EU or ASIA territory. Also the BF1943 original price is wrong.

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

Braid and Castle Crashers Reduced? Oh yes please!

I don't think so.

I too would have been down for some 400 point MtG. I used to be all about the actual card game in the mid-90s. That and I enjoyed the demo. It didn't seem quite as good as the old Microprose MtG game but for five bucks (or less), it would've been great.

Damn really disappointed the list was a fake (as I thought). Sounds like BF 1943 is the only probably one from the list. Wonder if that "leaked" list was the original and it got changed to take out some of the more popular titles.

Tomorrow could be nice if, I know its a big IF, it is all the Fallout 3 DLC. I'd do that in a heartbeat, like many others. Then I wouldn't have to worry about the GOTY version. But that's probably not the case anyways.

As for the rest of the list, I really hope to get Castle Crashers on the cheap. Anything else, not too concerned about.

Anyone know how long a DLC purchase will hold? I plan to send my busted Xbox off Monday and would be very likely to purchase games while its gone.

Wow. I was defending Microsoft up to this point, but this and the Stargate episode represent blatant slaps in the face of North American gamers. MtG was the only deal of the day I was really looking forward to. Disgusting.

This whole snafu has engendered so much ill will toward XBLA's movie rental section, they'd have been better off never doing it in the first place.

"DEAL OF THE DAY: We'll kick you in the balls for the low, low price of 50 cents!"

[quote name='craven_fiend']
Anyone know how long a DLC purchase will hold? I plan to send my busted Xbox off Monday and would be very likely to purchase games while its gone.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean how long will you be able to keep the d/l in your queue? It'll stay forever, but after the day is over the price will revert back to the original cost. Like, even if you put the free premium theme from earlier in your queue and tried to download it a few days later, it would actually cost points. What I did for my friend was login as him on my 360 and downloaded the free stuff on his account. You can re-download items you've purchased so, yeah.

Really hope we get the discounted Fallout 3 DLC.

[quote name='Tybee']Wow. I was defending Microsoft up to this point, but this and the Stargate episode represent blatant slaps in the face of North American gamers. MtG was the only deal of the day I was really looking forward to. Disgusting.

This whole snafu has engendered so much ill will toward XBLA's movie rental section, they'd have been better off never doing it in the first place.

"DEAL OF THE DAY: We'll kick you in the balls for the low, low price of 50 cents!"[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat! It's better than these damn movie rentals. But I think we already got a kick in the balls for some of us who bought full price and then bam.....half price for the games you bought full. Oh well.

[quote name='freshzen']Damn really disappointed the list was a fake (as I thought).[/QUOTE]
The list is from Eurogamer, where in Europe it's been 100% accurate.

I've never seen so many people whining about a couple bum deals.
Microsoft is trying to please you, grandma, pops, uncle rick, and little billy down the road, so not every deal is going to rock your particular socks.

So far you got:
1-2 free props - 2010 glasses and Present prop a few weeks ago
1 Free premium theme
Secret of Monkey Island for $5 (which was a steal!)
Marvel v Capcom 2 for $7 (also a steal)
Uno Rush for $5 (not bad, but offers variety)

And if you are GOLD
Shadow Complex for $10 (another f-ing great deal for GOTY-esk Arcade title)

And then you know these are coming:
Maw for $5
BF:1943 (which you can combine with EA's 800pt rebate!)
Something Fallout
Something GH

Looking at the big picture you guys are crazy if you think you didn't get a deal. The only thing to complain about is the couple of hiccups along the way

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Do you mean how long will you be able to keep the d/l in your queue? It'll stay forever, but after the day is over the price will revert back to the original cost. Like, even if you put the free premium theme from earlier in your queue and tried to download it a few days later, it would actually cost points. What I did for my friend was login as him on my 360 and downloaded the free stuff on his account. You can re-download items you've purchased so, yeah.

Really hope we get the discounted Fallout 3 DLC.[/QUOTE]

Shit... this upsets me. (can anyone confirm this is true, I was under the impression that if you bought something on Xbox.com it was a done deal, even if you didn't download it for a while) My xbox broke a week and a half ago and is being repaired. Wanted to bite on Shadow today and Castle Crashers if it was true, now, because of faulty hardware I can't. Maybe if I get home early enough tomorrow I can throw my Harddrive into my roommates xbox and download shadow...

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Shit... this upsets me. (can anyone confirm this is true, I was under the impression that if you bought something on Xbox.com it was a done deal, even if you didn't download it for a while) My xbox broke a week and a half ago and is being repaired. Wanted to bite on Shadow today and Castle Crashers if it was true, now, because of faulty hardware I can't. Maybe if I get home early enough tomorrow I can throw my Harddrive into my roommates xbox and download shadow...[/QUOTE]

Things bought from Xbox.com and put in your que automatically deduct the points from your account. The actual downloading is not tied to billing etc.... just buy it online and you will be fine

Yeah, I don't know where thisboywillbreak got that idea, but once you buy something on the Marketplace, whether it's through Xbox.com or the console, it's yours, they aren't going to take it back just because you waited too long.

Heck, I queued up the same "premium" theme when it was first free, but after hearing it wasn't that premium, I deleted it out before I turned my Xbox on. Once it turned into the intended premium-ness, I slapped it back onto the 360 and downloaded just (still using it by the way).

[quote name='reddjoey']I've never seen so many people whining about a couple bum deals.
Microsoft is trying to please you, grandma, pops, uncle rick, and little billy down the road, so not every deal is going to rock your particular socks.

So far you got:
1-2 free props - 2010 glasses and Present prop a few weeks ago
1 Free premium theme
Secret of Monkey Island for $5 (which was a steal!)
Marvel v Capcom 2 for $7 (also a steal)
Uno Rush for $5 (not bad, but offers variety)

And if you are GOLD
Shadow Complex for $10 (another f-ing great deal for GOTY-esk Arcade title)

And then you know these are coming:
Maw for $5
BF:1943 (which you can combine with EA's 800pt rebate!)
Something Fallout
Something GH

Looking at the big picture you guys are crazy if you think you didn't get a deal.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to start trouble, But I thought I'd comment.

Avatar stuff that should be free in the first place
The Premium theme is a joke IMHO

I will say, I bought Shadow Complex, Monkey Island, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and will be buying the maw. We know that's an official Europe list, so who knows IF we are getting Battlefield and fallout honestly. But hey, I can complain on the movie rentals. I don't think any John Doe want's movie rentals

EA has said we are getting Battlefield for 600 and somewhere on Xbox.com it said along the lines of "stay tuned for the rest of the deals this week, which will include Fallout, Guitar Hero 5 and some avatar stuff". It's somewhere buried in this thread. So "avatar stuff" will probably be replacing Braid and/or Castle Crashers.

I found it! http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/holidayextravaganza/default.htm

Aww, and that guy goes and posts way better info. Coincidentally he's the same guy that first posted the previous link.

No Magic TG today kinda sucks as that was what I was looking forward to and one of the few games on the list that I didn't have.

And those of you predicting Braid is the next deal we'll get shafted on are probably correct.

A new list has been leaked in from a Dutch Xbox site, detailing the regional difference. Here it is in completion

Regions with Zune Marketplace & Indie Games (US/EU)

18 2010 Glasses -> Gratis
19 Worms 2: Armageddon, 800 -> 400pts
20 New Year's premium theme, 240 -> Gratis
21 Avatar Golf, 400 -> 200 pts
22 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
23 Marvel vs Capcom 2, 1200 -> 560 pts
24 UNO Rush, 800 -> 400 pts
25 The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, 800 -> 400 pts
26 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
27 Fallout 3 ALL DLC, 800 -> 400 pts
28 The Rolling Stones Track Pack (Guitar Hero) -> 720 -> 320 pts
29 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
30 Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560 pts
31 Battlefield 1943, 1200 -> 600 pts

Regions without Zune Marketplace & Indie Games (EU/Various)

19 Worms 2: Armageddon, 800 -> 400 pts
21 Bing Crosby - White Christmas (Lips), 180 -> 80 pts
22 Rez HD, 800 -> 400 pts
26 Magic: The Gathering, 800 -> 400 pts
28 The Rolling Stones Track Pack (Guitar Hero), -> 720 -> 320 pts
29 Braid, 1200 -> 560 pts

Regions without Zune Marketplace but with Indie Games (Japan)

21 Avatar Golf, 400 -> 200 pts
22 Rez HD, 800 -> 400 pts
26 Magic: The Gathering, 800 -> 400 pts
29 Braid, 1200 -> 560 pts

Regions with Zune Marketplace but without Indie Games (Netherlands)

21 Bing Crosby - White Christmas (Lips), 180 -> 80 pts
22 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
26 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
29 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts

Internet horn tooting inside:
[quote name='Skoad']...either Braid or Castle Crashers won't be showing up (my money is on Braid).[/QUOTE]
I just won $5.

Anyone else who calls the lists "fake" because they can't understand the concept of geographic regions getting different offers deserves to be punched in the face.

[quote name='evophile']No Magic TG today kinda sucks as that was what I was looking forward to and one of the few games on the list that I didn't have.

And those of you predicting Braid is the next deal we'll get shafted on are probably correct.

A new list has been leaked in from a Dutch Xbox site, detailing the regional difference. Here it is in completion[/QUOTE]

One more lame movie deal? I can live with that if we actually do get Castle Crashers. It does suck that we get worse deals because the Zune Marketplace exists, but given that Braid is $2.50 on Steam right now and has been on sale on Live in the past it isn't that big of a loss.

Damn, Magic was one of about 4 deals I was thinking of picking up. Sucks that it got replaced by a lame movie rental.

The deals have been good though. More than half off on MVC2 and Castle Crashers is great.

Was hoping for Magic TG today as well and very disappointed at what the US got instead. If they're going to do rentals as deals, they should just make them free for a day. At least there have been a few stellar deals out of this promo so far, so overall it's been good.

Bought Shadow Complex just now on impulse. Thanks OP

Does anyone know if Battlefield 1943 is any good? Thinking about impulse buying on that one as well

bread's done
Back