Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I was wondering, since I only own an Arcade with no HDD, if I downloaded a Live Arcade game and I deleted it down the road, would I be able to download it again down the road? (And is there a limit to how many times I can redownload something? I'm used to Steam, but I hate the limited downloads on EA Downloader)[/QUOTE]

As long as you're using the same account, you can delete and redownload as many times as you want.

for castle crasher, is it only online co-op or can people in my living room play together?

thanks skoad

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asthmatic']for castle crasher, is it only online co-op or can people in my living room play together?[/QUOTE]
Castle Crashers is probably the best couch co-op XBLA game. So, yes.

[quote name='asthmatic']for castle crasher, is it only online co-op or can people in my living room play together?[/QUOTE]

4 Player online or local. It's AWESOME! By far my favorite XBLA game so far.

Great deal on Castle Crashers. If you're looking for a partner who won't glitch the game and just wants to have fun feel free to add me on XBL or send me a CAG pm.

[quote name='ProggleRock']Part 2 of that question: Can you only play with friends, or is there a sort of matchmaking system too?[/QUOTE]

It was broken when I bought it. Consider this a free bump.

Why not download the demo and try?

If someone could tell me why Castle Crashers is so good, I'll pick it up, I played the demo when it came out and it seemed like nothing more than a boring side-scrolling beat-em-up. I bought Turtles in Time, played through it twice and never picked it up again. Keep in mind that it's just the wife and I playing, and most of the time, it will be just me.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I bought Castle Crashers, I enjoyed the demo but not enough to pay $15 for it.[/QUOTE]

Same, just went to the site and bought it. Nabbed Shadow Complex a few days a go as well.

anyone who states that castle crashers isn't worth 560 points is insane. it is probably 1 of the best xbl arcade games and if this doesn't keep you happy then you have lost your mind. I have over 105+ arcade games and this is within the top 3 easily of best games. absolute steal @ 560 points so buy it! the online multiplayer kicks ass plus you can import your character from alien hominid hd and hm forgot the other game..lol. so many characters to choose from, FREE DLC if you follow the behemoth on facebook/twitter so even more of a reason to buy it. Do the math, dlc=free-560 points=? You're paying even less for the game. I paid full price @ 1200 points and don't regret it. If anything, buy it for ya kids, ya gf or for when friends come over then.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']How do we get the free King's Pack? I am now following Behemoth on twitter, they need like 2 more followers to get 6.5k

then will they send these out to everyone or just a couple random people?[/QUOTE]

they either have a randome drawing if you post on their board, or just release a handful of DLC codes every so often throughout the day. They also sometimes have game trivia which usually nets you a much bigger DLC code, i.e. a full game code. I got the necro pack from their facebook page, if i don't win the king pack i'll just buy it, 160 ms won't break the bank and it's going to behemoth anyway...so support for a great developer is always a plus especially when they deliver quality.

Just picked up Castle Crashers and am eyeballing The Maw. Up for some multiplayer Castle Crashers over this weekend, xbox id is "the nyge".

[quote name='mtxbass1']How long did it take to get that Necro code? I have the king pack already but I'd like that.[/QUOTE]

Took about 15 mins. after I RT the message they said.

Wow. 560 points for Castle Crashers is such a steal. I purchased this when it was 1200 points and it was very much worth it. Actually, it'd be completely worth it even if it was a full 1600 points or something. Gotta support these smaller groups who make fun ass games. :]

Some of the games on sale make me regret getting them so quickly. So far this hasn't been anything I wanted. Hopefully the last day tomorrow is something I don't have. MVC2/Shadow Complex/Castle Crashers on sale is a great deal.

[quote name='GameOnJohn']Got Castle Crashers today then followed on twiter and got the Necromantic Pack free.[/QUOTE]

Do I go to my home page and type "I'm #CastleCrashing the New Year with @thebehem0th" under 'What's Happening?"

This website makes no sense to me, nor does entering the contest.

Picked up castle crashers :)
I also retweeted for the free pack, they sent me a text/direct message within minutes.
Game and King pack for $7, I'm a happy camper

[quote name='freshzen']Do I go to my home page and type "I'm #CastleCrashing the New Year with @thebehem0th" under 'What's Happening?"

This website makes no sense to me, nor does entering the contest.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're correct.

[quote name='intoxicated662']anyone who states that castle crashers isn't worth 560 points is insane. it is probably 1 of the best xbl arcade games and if this doesn't keep you happy then you have lost your mind. I have over 105+ arcade games and this is within the top 3 easily of best games. absolute steal @ 560 points so buy it! the online multiplayer kicks ass plus you can import your character from alien hominid hd and hm forgot the other game..lol. so many characters to choose from, FREE DLC if you follow the behemoth on facebook/twitter so even more of a reason to buy it. Do the math, dlc=free-560 points=? You're paying even less for the game. I paid full price @ 1200 points and don't regret it. If anything, buy it for ya kids, ya gf or for when friends come over then.[/QUOTE]

Are all you 105+ arcade games all XBLA games? Just curious. Also, if you puchase an XBLA game and your HD goes to hell, can you recover the games you purchased?

[quote name='TurboPascal']Are all you 105+ arcade games all XBLA games? Just curious. Also, if you puchase an XBLA game and your HD goes to hell, can you recover the games you purchased?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can recover .. all you have to do is purchase a new HD and move the licenses over to your new console with your new HD and download them all .. its all tied in with your gamertag and console .. need more info? = www.xbox.com/drm

[quote name='Cmosfm']If someone could tell me why Castle Crashers is so good, I'll pick it up, I played the demo when it came out and it seemed like nothing more than a boring side-scrolling beat-em-up.[/QUOTE]

Same here, tried the demo when it first came out and was not impressed. A lot of people seem to like it, but to me it seemed pretty boring and even approached being annoying...

How long is Castle Crashers?
Is it a decent time longer than Turtles arcade game on XBLA?

Also can anyone confirm Battlefield only has 3 maps with none considered to be added?

[quote name='WTFer']How long is Castle Crashers?
Is it a decent time longer than Turtles arcade game on XBLA?

Also can anyone confirm Battlefield only has 3 maps with none considered to be added?[/QUOTE]

Castle Crashers is way longer than TMNT: TiT. I'd say 6-8 hours before replay kicks in.

Secondly,

They invented this thing called google. You should try it sometime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_1943

Seriously though, look it up.

DICE is doing a horrible job supporting games after launch. Especially with BF:BC2 launching soon

Jumped on the Castle Crasher deal. I loved the demo but have just been putting off getting the full game, luckily to my advantage.

[quote name='WTFer']Also can anyone confirm Battlefield only has 3 maps with none considered to be added?[/QUOTE]

There was a fourth, bonus map that was unlocked a few weeks after the game came out. It's an airplane-only map, if that matters to you.

For only 600 points, I think BF1943 is pretty much a no-brainer purchase for me.

Glad i waited on castle crashers. I always thought it was a great game but they were crazy @ 1200 points. Had to snatch it up now.

[quote name='guyver2077']how does the dlc giveaway work? they are close to 6.5[/QUOTE]First make sure you are following them (go to their page and click follow button if it's not already checked). Next, send them a tweet (using the txt box under "What's Happening").

If you want a chance at the King Pack, then tweet:
"In 2010 @thebehem0th will still love me!"

If you want a chance at the Necro Pack, then tweet:
"I'm #CastleCrashing the New Year with @thebehem0th!"

And, FYI, The Behemoth also have a blog, a cool forum, and two facebook pages. If you don't win the random drawings, you might wanna keep an eye on those. Behemoth tends to give away free stuff.
[quote name='jcp42877']Ok, so i just got owned on the ranked Arena match...so im assumign you need to lvl up on playthroughs before attempting this achievement? because i don't see myself winning 40 of these matches at lvl 1 anytime soon[/QUOTE]
Level 1? Ouch. :lol: Did you skip the main game and go straight to dm?
Well, I use my non-leveled characters when I see a newbie, but not everyone is as considerate. If anyone to throw down in the arena let me know.

Picked up Castle Crashers as well - used my wife's Twitter account and got the Necro pack to boot. My 5 yr old son loves it - we've already put in about 3 hours into it.

Picked this up when it dropped to $10 a while ago. It is a GREAT game in my opinion. Its best quality is the amount of fun you have with it. If you ever loved the arcade beat em ups like Double Dragon, Final Fight, and the TMNT game you'll like this one. It is the perfect game to play when taking a break from AC II, MW2, or Dragon Age. It is also perfect for less experienced games as well.

[quote name='freshzen']Do I go to my home page and type "I'm #CastleCrashing the New Year with @thebehem0th" under 'What's Happening?"

This website makes no sense to me, nor does entering the contest.[/QUOTE]
Also make sure you are following TheBehem0th.

Also, yes, EVERYONE should jump on this game. It's very fun to play as it is, but with 4 other people locally, it's awesome.

Picked up castle crashers just now. Missed out on the Fallout DLC. What was the deal with that.. were they 400 each? Looked in this thread but it was taking too much time.

bread's done
Back