Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dude, that's bassackwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]I've been thinking about buying a 360 for the past couple weeks. Once I bought CC, I had no choice... :)

Whew, almost forgot about Castle Crashers. Finally at a decent price and without all the bugs. I almost wanted to boycott the game because of how long they decided to take fixing the game, but I decided it'd probably be a shame not to not even play it, given how much people seem to like it.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Was a fun game that could have been one of the best FPS of this generation if DICE had supported the game not to mention the first week or so it was unplayable because of the lack of servers[/QUOTE]

nail-ed it!

i still love this game though. one of the funnest to get all 200 gp on.

I truthfully dont think 600 is worth it =/, with the servers shut down, its LAGGY AS HELL. I mean, im running Verizon Fios, with a 360 less than 5 feet away, and i still constantly get disconnected whenever i try to play. Its kind of fail DICE shut down the servers for the best selling XBLA game less than 6 months after it came out.

Grabbed both The Maw and Castle Crashers. I was waiting on a sale for both of these titles. I have read nothin but good things a out either of them. Can't wait to get off of work and play them (damn 3rd shift, thank god for the iPhone though :) )

I bought Shadow Complex the other day, but I'm really tempted to get The Maw... I like the demo, just not sure how fun it'd be after that point, but then again I've spent $10 on much worse, so we'll see.

And too bad I already own CC, everyone without it should definitely buy it at the $7 price, that's incredible for this game... I wonder if tomorrow's final deal will be anything decent, that I don't already own at least.

If Modern Warfare 2 had not come out already, I would have easily purchased the game at this price. I barely have enough time to play MW2.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I wonder if tomorrow's final deal will be anything decent, that I don't already own at least.[/QUOTE]
It'll be XBLA Battlefield 1943 for 50% off (600 pts instead of 1200).

As a reminder, Battlefield 1943 qualifies for EA's rebate deal where if you buy three EA products from the marketplace (includes DLC, full games, and arcade games), you'll get 800 points back from EA in a few weeks.

I just played through the tutorial and I had a ton of fun in that... until I joined an actual online game... The lag was insanely bad. My character was warping all over the place. All the posts about horrible lag are indeed true. I was so wanting to play this, but now I don't even think I'll buy it, even if it is on sale.

[quote name='icarusmight']I don't remember ever paying tax on a points purchase through my xbox. Pretty sure I was never charged tax in CA, NV or now in AZ. You guys have been getting charged tax??[/QUOTE]
You shouldn't be getting charged tax for points cards. At least not the actual card. Buying points online is only subject to tax if your state laws tax online purchases.

I was actually pissed off once I realized that Fry's had charged me tax on a point card. Only store I've been to that's done that. Needless to say, I won't buy points there again.

castle crashers is pretty fun, still have a decent backlog... put mwf2 on hold , been playing l4d2 and still have assassins creed to start on

I picked up the battlefield offer as the deal of the day and the 2 mass effects dlc so I could get the 800 ms points back from EA. I hope the battlefield 1943 servers aren't a ghost town since I will just go back to playing bad company online then.

[quote name='token2k6']with all this talk about the community being dead..is there any solo play involved with BF? or is it strictly online only??[/QUOTE]

Online only. No single player.

I just can't justify it myself, considering BC2 is right around the corner.

[quote name='token2k6']with all this talk about the community being dead..is there any solo play involved with BF? or is it strictly online only??[/QUOTE]

I went online to play a bit of BF three days ago. From what I've seen, the community is still alive.

[quote name='malethief']I picked up the battlefield offer as the deal of the day and the 2 mass effects dlc so I could get the 800 ms points back from EA. I hope the battlefield 1943 servers aren't a ghost town since I will just go back to playing bad company online then.[/QUOTE]
That's a nice plan. I may do the same. Have to think about it just a bit more...

[quote name='malethief']I picked up the battlefield offer as the deal of the day and the 2 mass effects dlc so I could get the 800 ms points back from EA. I hope the battlefield 1943 servers aren't a ghost town since I will just go back to playing bad company online then.[/QUOTE]

How is EA going to redeem this? I too want to get battlefield and the two mass effect dlc.

Also I think the Battlefield 1943 community will get a shot in the arm for at least a month so there should be no worries purchasing this IMHO. Matter of fact I may ditch MW2 and let this and my other purchases hold me over until BC2.

What time do these deals change over? I need Microsoft points and have credit at Gamestop and don't want to have to buy the points directly from Microsoft. I'm looking to get Castle Crashers. I see that it's still 560, but for how much longer?

[quote name='knotfan123']i would get BF1943 but i'm 9-10 games deep that are still in shrinkwrap from the last 6 months...backlogs FTW[/QUOTE]

Lol, only 9-10? That's not too bad considering some of the guys here.

[quote name='breakin2']What time do these deals change over? I need Microsoft points and have credit at Gamestop and don't want to have to buy the points directly from Microsoft. I'm looking to get Castle Crashers. I see that it's still 560, but for how much longer?[/QUOTE]
Battlefield sale is now live, so it can revert back at any possible moment. Sometimes it takes a couple days (Uno Rush, MvC2), sometimes only a couple hours (Monkey Island).

[quote name='retromufc']Lol, only 9-10? That's not too bad considering some of the guys here.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I'm 50+ on my Xbox 360 backlog, and about 15+ on Wii. And I still bought Castle Crashers, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Shadow Complex, and Battlefield 1943. I've got a sickness.

I have a question. I have 440 points on my account, can I buy 120 points or are they gonna force me to buy 500 points.

[quote name='BingoBrown']No kidding. I'm 50+ on my Xbox 360 backlog, and about 15+ on Wii. And I still bought Castle Crashers, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Shadow Complex, and Battlefield 1943. I've got a sickness.[/QUOTE]
A sickness for love of awesome games apperently! Seek help!!

[quote name='kart007k']I have a question. I have 440 points on my account, can I buy 120 points or are they gonna force me to buy 500 points.[/QUOTE]

If you're buying directly from MS, you'll have to buy 500 points. They don't sell "exact change" so to speak.

[quote name='kart007k']I have a question. I have 440 points on my account, can I buy 120 points or are they gonna force me to buy 500 points.[/QUOTE]
You can buy 400 through the Zune Marketplace. Some online retailers sell 200 points (for a little extra change). But no, you can't buy in amounts any smaller or "random" like that.

I am sorry I missed the marvel vs capcom. They hit my sweet price point. Does the ps3 have any sweet deals like this? One thing I think they might learn is cut the prices more people will buy.

even though i bought it for the PS3 as well when it was on sale i picked this up mostly due to the price cut and to get in on the 800 free points.

[quote name='retromufc']Lol, only 9-10? That's not too bad considering some of the guys here.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking... I've still got PSOne games I've not touched yet. This is definitely a generation where we can be very picky.

[quote name='knotfan123']i would get BF1943 but i'm 9-10 games deep that are still in shrinkwrap from the last 6 months...backlogs FTW[/QUOTE]

I added more than 10 games to my backlog yesterday alone. :bomb: I have about 50+ games still in shrink wrap, not to mention steam, gog.com, xbla, and psn games. :bomb:

I just cant pass up cheap games.

[quote name='locolukah']Are the servers for BF still atrocious?[/QUOTE]

They fixed them the week after 1943 was released. Been a while since I played though, so I don't know how they are now.

[quote name='Icehearted']That's what I was thinking... I've still got PSOne games I've not touched yet. This is definitely a generation where we can be very picky.[/QUOTE]

I can beat that - I've still got a sealed Genesis game. :D

Admittedly, it's a golf game that I'm never going to play, but I did get it from this site. I don't know if anyone still remembers the Toys R Us 90% off green tag clearance from...wow, must have been four or five years ago, but I found it in that sale.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I can beat that - I've still got a sealed Genesis game. :D

Admittedly, it's a golf game that I'm never going to play, but I did get it from this site. I don't know if anyone still remembers the Toys R Us 90% off green tag clearance from...wow, must have been four or five years ago, but I found it in that sale.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, Toys R Us still had Genesis games 4 or 5 years ago? Ridiculous.

[quote name='gepet0']I am sorry I missed the marvel vs capcom. They hit my sweet price point. Does the ps3 have any sweet deals like this? One thing I think they might learn is cut the prices more people will buy.[/QUOTE]

They do sales every once and a while. They discount 5-10 games and then the sale runs for a few days.

Ok, for someone who has points for only 1 more game, The Maw or Battlefield 1943? I have no access to try the demos of each otherwise that is what I would do.

Battlefield 1943 for 560 points? SOLD. Wasn't expecting that! And I should probably pick up The Maw while I'm at it. Played the demo and thought it was adorable.

you'd be surprised what you used to be able to find at KB toys...which used to have some of the best clearance toy deals around. r.i.p.

bread's done
Back