Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='destro4eva']So if I hated Star Wars Battlefront, this one won't change my mind right?[/QUOTE]

Well, the Battlefield series was the original, and Battlefront was the copycat. But, if the general idea of a shooter with tanks/jeeps/planes and conquest-based gameplay doesn't excite you, then pass. You could find a lot worse ways to spend 560 points, though.

The PC version of Battlefield 2 never really grabbed me, so I should probably skip this one. Most of the fun I had in the game came from the ten minutes I spent griefing other players, and that's probably not a good sign.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Well, the Battlefield series was the original, and Battlefront was the copycat. But, if the general idea of a shooter with tanks/jeeps/planes and conquest-based gameplay doesn't excite you, then pass. You could find a lot worse ways to spend 560 points, though.[/QUOTE]

I wish Battlefront still had a community. :whistle2:(

[quote name='BingoBrown']Holy crap, Toys R Us still had Genesis games 4 or 5 years ago? Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I got some N64 games in that sale, too. I'm not sure if they were stuffed in the back corner of the storeroom for a decade or what, but it was hard to argue with a sealed Genesis game for a dollar. :lol:

[quote name='Corizzle']
Ok, for someone who has points for only 1 more game, The Maw or Battlefield 1943? I have no access to try the demos of each otherwise that is what I would do.[/QUOTE]

Definitely Battlefield, as long as you're fine with online only multiplayer shooters in general.

Picked up Battlefield, gonna get Pinnacle Station and Big Surf for the 800 points rebate. The deadline is Jan 31st though... anyone have any idea if they might discount either of those in January? Long shot, I know.

And you think you guys have problems? I have well over 100 games in my backlog... eep.

I haven't played since many of the servers have apparently been shut down, but before then, I played the hell out of the game. It's definitely worth it if you're a battlefield or casual shooter fan. It's arcade style, so it's easy to learn. I probably got 70+ hours out of the game.

[quote name='matto1233']is it worth getting battlefield if i'm gonna get bc2 in march and am currently playing mw2's multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

Nah you might as well buy Frontlines or something =P

I bought BF1943 for achievements only.

1943 looks like Bad Company with 1943 stuff on instead. I'll pass, I just can't bring myself to buy it especially if it's gonna play just like Bad Company 1.

[quote name='hyunkim']as an avid mw2 who plays it almost daily, would i even bother with this game after the first time?[/QUOTE]

It's a very different experience than MW2. The Battlefield series allows you to take control of tanks/jeeps/planes/whatever to do your devastation. And conquest mode is significantly different than team deathmatch. For only 560 points, it's definitely worth a try if you're a fan of FPSs, especially if you like/don't mind the WWII setting.

[quote name='VipFREAK']1943 looks like Bad Company with 1943 stuff on instead. I'll pass, I just can't bring myself to buy it especially if it's gonna play just like Bad Company 1.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the trial seemed just like bc. It's a very fun game, but I think I'll pass and just wait for bc2.

I wish Battlefront II still had a vibrant community too. :( Still, I'm passing on this even though it counts for the 800 point EA rebate, I just don't have any interest.

Anyone else not able to connect to a game? Downloaded the trial version; can play Halo 3 just fine right now however. Not very encouraging even for 600 points...

Really tempted on this one as I enjoyed the demo, but passed on it for the 1200 points. So the servers are really that bad now? Kind of ridiculous for a game that's less than 6 months old. I can see after a few YEARS they'd shut servers down, but that's pretty low of EA for this game, which seemed fairly popular.

I bought it and it's awesome once I got the hang of it.

Don't let other people scare you or stop you from trying it, especially at this price. The game relies on basic matchmaking like every OTHER online multiplayer game. I'm in New York City and I just played a smooth two hours

Oooh... I might have to snag 1943 and the ME DLCs just so that I get my 800 points back to buy a FO3 DLC(woulda bought them when they were on sale, but PC didn't get that sale...)....

Anybody bought a DotD after midnight PST? I've seen them on the dashboard past midnight, but haven't clicked to see if the price is still working then.

If I could pick up Battlefield 1943 for 560 points after midnight, might be able to get higher % rewards through the reward program pilot (goes up 1% each month, to a max of 5%).

Will only make a 10pt difference at most, or none at all. Depends how/when they are rounding the points.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Ah man, I would have gotten Castle Crashers! Finally they bother have a non-gold deal and I miss it :([/QUOTE]

Still showing up at 560 points for me on Xbox.com when I'm not logged into my account (can't tell the price logged in, because it's listed as "Already Purchased).

Tempted to pick this one up since I did enjoy BF1942 and an updated revisioning of it would be pretty neat, but how does it compare to the original? Did they cut out anything from 1942? Can you still move large ships (didn't notice this mentioned in any of the reviews I saw for it)? Although the issue with servers is pretty concerning...

Is there any way to get the 600 points you'd need for this without spending at least $10 though? I have 40 points in my account right now, but you can only buy points in incriments of 400 (Zune) or 500 (Live Marketplace). I just hate having extra points sitting around in my account that I'm not using.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']sigh there was no Trials HD deal :([/QUOTE]

i so want to buy trials but come on 1200 points is hard to spend

I just bought Battlefield 1943 and Dragon Age: Origins - Warden's Keep DLC...

tryna think of a 3rd for the deal, is Command & Conquer Commander's Challenge any good? I love RTS games but I never could quite get into the C&C games for some reason... and this one appears to have no online/competitive play, so just single player, anyone reccomend it?

or are any of the family games done good? i just cant imagine playing board games on a tv.

if not any of those, can't go wrong technically getting a Mass Effect DLC for free and 400 MS points back too.. hmm

I bought Battlefield, and I want Big Surf Island...but there's nothing else I want (or even have). Maybe Command & Conquer or one of the Hasbro games, but I'd rather find the disc cheap.

[quote name='gcash81001']i so want to buy trials but come on 1200 points is hard to spend[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing at first, but I decided to go ahead and bite on it. It's been well worth the points for me. I've been up late nights just playing Trials, even though I have purchased the other arcade games that have been on sale. So far Trials HD runs a close second to Shadow Complex for me.

[quote name='jcp42877']we all appreciate your find...but why do i feel like the people who create these threads NEVER see that it's already been mentioned in one or more other threads?

i.e. a random example: Tons of people will be talking about how they got Fallout 3 GOTY for $40 off amazon or somewhere...and the next day some guy makes a thread titled "FO3 GOTY $40 @ Amazon!!!"

do they not look at ANY threads that exist on this site before they post?

maybe i'm just in a bad mood lol...can't hardly deal with the people on Gamefaqs lately either[/QUOTE]

See like I said before. OP comes in doesn't check for other post and never updates the first post or title.

Well, I'm pleased that BF1943 ended up @ 560msp. It know it sounds silly, but that piddly lil' extra 40msp was rubbin me the wrong way.
[quote name='malethief']I picked up the battlefield offer as the deal of the day and the 2 mass effects dlc so I could get the 800 ms points back from EA.[/QUOTE]Thank you so much for posting that. I couldn't find anything listed that I wanted and didn't already own. My best optons were the Hasbro games, but I'd rather buy them cheaper via retail disc. Your idea works perfectly...I get two free DLC for a game I've been planning to pick up anyway. Only thing holding me back now is trust issues :lol:. Oh well, I got several weeks to pull the trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BingoBrown']Still showing up at 560 points for me on Xbox.com when I'm not logged into my account (can't tell the price logged in, because it's listed as "Already Purchased).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I could have still gotten it at that price. It's back to $15 now though :(

Out of all of the deals, I bought...

Worms 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Fallout: Mothership Zeta
Shadow Complex
Battlefield 1943

Not bad, Microsoft. Well played.

Anyone on the fence about BF1943, pick it up. Bunch of buddies of mine just had a blast experiencing it for the first time for only 560 MSP's.

Just be careful, I had trouble signing on to EA Online, until I googled the problem where it told me to download the FNR4 demo. After signing on to EA Online through the FNR4 demo, the problem was solved in BF1943, just for anyone who may have that problem ;)

[quote name='ShadowHero10']Anyone on the fence about BF1943, pick it up. Bunch of buddies of mine just had a blast experiencing it for the first time for only 560 MSP's.

Just be careful, I had trouble signing on to EA Online, until I googled the problem where it told me to download the FNR4 demo. After signing on to EA Online through the FNR4 demo, the problem was solved in BF1943, just for anyone who may have that problem ;)[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate on how to sign on, is this for pc? I just downloaded the trial on xblive and kinda liked it, now that I unlocked the full game I can't get into a game.

[quote name='zerotl']Please elaborate on how to sign on, is this for pc? I just downloaded the trial on xblive and kinda liked it, now that I unlocked the full game I can't get into a game.[/QUOTE]
Well for me (On Xbox 360) It would constantly say "Login Failed" as soon as I tried to even get into the Main Menu. I found this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhlzM9d318c
I downloaded Fight Night Round 4, skipped the Tutorial, and found the option that said, "Sign into EA Online." It signed me in, exited FNR4, loaded up BF1943 and whaddaya know, I could play. I hope you get online soon!

[quote name='polo14player']whats the deal with BF1943, is it worth the price??[/QUOTE]

Especially if someone is still constantly playing Call of Duty WAW & Modern Warfare 1 & 2?

Would Battlefield seems dated?

bread's done
Back