Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='zerotl']Please elaborate on how to sign on, is this for pc? I just downloaded the trial on xblive and kinda liked it, now that I unlocked the full game I can't get into a game.[/QUOTE]

I play dragonage and it signs into EA servers (on xbox 360); I had no idea people were having issues (got into BF games with no issues), but if (probably a really big if) you have that game and you sign into the EA servers in the beginning, that may help you as well. If not, sounds like the FNR4 demo is the way to go.

Wow, I'm just putting together everything I bought

Shadow Complex for 800 Microsoft Points
The Maw for 400 Microsoft Points
2010 Glasses for your Avatar for Free
Worms 2: Armageddon for 400 Microsoft Points
New Years Theme for Free
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for 560 Microsoft Points
Fallout 3 DLC - Mothership Zeta - 400 pts
Guitar Hero 5: The Rolling Stones Live Track Pack for 360 Microsoft Points
Castle Crashers for 560 Microsoft Points
Battlefield 1943 for 560 Microsoft Points

I spent 4040 points (or $50.50) all together if my math is correct. Thank god for Target and their ridiculous coupons and sales. Whats crazy is that I would have bought Uno Rush and the 4 other Fallout 3 DLCs too if I didn't already have them. I hope microsoft does this every year. I have somewhere around 400 retail games in my backlog. Whats a few more arcade games, right?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wow, I'm just putting together everything I bought

Shadow Complex for 800 Microsoft Points
The Maw for 400 Microsoft Points
2010 Glasses for your Avatar for Free
Worms 2: Armageddon for 400 Microsoft Points
New Years Theme for Free
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for 560 Microsoft Points
Fallout 3 DLC - Mothership Zeta - 400 pts
Guitar Hero 5: The Rolling Stones Live Track Pack for 360 Microsoft Points
Castle Crashers for 560 Microsoft Points
Battlefield 1943 for 560 Microsoft Points

I spent 4040 points (or $50.50) all together if my math is correct. Thank god for Target and their ridiculous coupons and sales. Whats crazy is that I would have bought Uno Rush and the 4 other Fallout 3 DLCs too if I didn't already have them. I hope microsoft does this every year. I have somewhere around 400 retail games in my backlog. Whats a few more arcade games, right?[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, is there anyway to view a receipt of the DLC you bought from Live?
I already forgot what I bought the past month & would like to know what I exactly paid for each item.

The only thing I bought was Castle Crashers. Its a fun game but I can't find anyone to play online with. Keeps saying no games found. *sigh*.

[quote name='WTFer']Speaking of which, is there anyway to view a receipt of the DLC you bought from Live?
I already forgot what I bought the past month & would like to know what I exactly paid for each item.[/QUOTE]

It would be cool to see some kind of receipt on xbox.com. I have no idea how to do that. I just had to refer back to the post in the op to remember everything I bought. This sale is a really good marketing ploy by microsoft, because without the sale, I wouldn't have bought anything. But because everything was on sale I spent over $50 on stuff I might not get around to playing for a long time. If I didn't have *free* 1600 pt cards I probably wouldn't have bought much though.

[quote name='pun123']whats the regular price?[/QUOTE]

found it, normal price is 1200pts, so I jumped on this deal , fun game, see ya on live.

[quote name='WTFer']Speaking of which, is there anyway to view a receipt of the DLC you bought from Live?
I already forgot what I bought the past month & would like to know what I exactly paid for each item.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']It would be cool to see some kind of receipt on xbox.com. I have no idea how to do that. I just had to refer back to the post in the op to remember everything I bought. [/QUOTE]

On xbox.com there is a purchase history under the My Account page. It's not the best receipt they could give us, but it's better then nothing.

Someone showed me this link and it was EXACTLY what I was looking for.
Enter your Live email address and password and it will show your online status and if you click on points it breaks it down ny month. You can see your purchases and how many points each was and points left after each one.

https://billing.microsoft.com/points.aspx

[quote name='Indignate']On xbox.com there is a purchase history under the My Account page. It's not the best receipt they could give us, but it's better then nothing.[/QUOTE]

Theres also billing.microsoft.com. Just click on Microsoft Points under payment methods and it gives the prices and dates when you bought stuff from the marketplace.

[quote name='Cameron4All']Hey! Sometime before midnight they finally credited me back to points difference for the overcharge on Uno Rush! Sweet![/QUOTE]

How did you alert them to the overcharge? I have a similar issue.

[quote name='Kelegacy']How did you alert them to the overcharge? I have a similar issue.[/QUOTE]

I called them 1-800-4MY-XBOX right after it happened. Yea,middle of the day on Christmass eve I am on the phone with Microsoft.
They transferred me about 3 times to get me to the right department.
Once that was settled, they said that they could not do it right then but it would happen and they would call me back. They were actually quite nice.
Took a week but it is credited back

FYI
Pefect link to see what you have spent on what and the balances.
https://billing.microsoft.com/points.aspx

Hey thanks for that link. Very useful and it showed I wasn't actually charged for that New Years theme--I could have sworn I was. Thank again!

I'm tempted by battlefield 1943, but I sort of know I'd never get around to playing it. I've hardly put that much time into Uncharted 2 or MW2 multiplayers. Anything I'm missing in battlefield 1943 that I couldn't get from all the other multi player shooters I've barely scraped the surface of?

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I'm tempted by battlefield 1943, but I sort of know I'd never get around to playing it. I've hardly put that much time into Uncharted 2 or MW2 multiplayers. Anything I'm missing in battlefield 1943 that I couldn't get from all the other multi player shooters I've barely scraped the surface of?[/QUOTE]

for me, it's just so easy to pick up and play...and you can have fun easily even if you suck.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']for me, it's just so easy to pick up and play...and you can have fun easily even if you suck.[/QUOTE]

This. I had only played the Halo 3 BETA as far as MP FPS goes but bought BF43 on a whim over the summer. It became my go to game for about two months. First, it sits on the hard drive so it's really easy to just pick up the controller and play a bit. Second, it's not exactly all run and gun. You can be a sniper with crazy full map range, a vehicle driver or gunner, or you can even just try and spam the air raid (I love doing the bombing runs).

From a relative FPS novice, I can say I love playing it.

Tried to convince myself to get BF1943. Downloaded the trial and it looks great in the tutorial. However, did a brief game online and nobody was talking. The experience of multiplayer-only games like this is completely dependent on the maturity and diligence of the people you play with, and I just couldn't convince myself that a good community still exists for this game, if it ever did.

If anyone knows differently, I'd love to hear it (though the price is probably back up now).

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Anything I'm missing in battlefield 1943 that I couldn't get from all the other multi player shooters I've barely scraped the surface of?[/QUOTE]

Can you drive tanks/jeeps/boats or fly planes in other FPSs? That's the difference with Battlefield. Definitely a different feel than the Call of Duty series.

[quote name='Cameron4All']I called them 1-800-4MY-XBOX right after it happened. Yea,middle of the day on Christmass eve I am on the phone with Microsoft.
They transferred me about 3 times to get me to the right department.
Once that was settled, they said that they could not do it right then but it would happen and they would call me back. They were actually quite nice.
Took a week but it is credited back

FYI
Pefect link to see what you have spent on what and the balances.
https://billing.microsoft.com/points.aspx[/QUOTE]

:( Mine is still showing 800 points. Hopefully they fix it soon-- glad to see it is possible for them to refund the points.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']for me, it's just so easy to pick up and play...and you can have fun easily even if you suck.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BingoBrown']Can you drive tanks/jeeps/boats or fly planes in other FPSs? That's the difference with Battlefield. Definitely a different feel than the Call of Duty series.[/QUOTE]

Alright fuck it. I'm sold. I have a lot of points in my account anyway.

[quote name='gantt']Tried to convince myself to get BF1943. Downloaded the trial and it looks great in the tutorial. However, did a brief game online and nobody was talking. The experience of multiplayer-only games like this is completely dependent on the maturity and diligence of the people you play with, and I just couldn't convince myself that a good community still exists for this game, if it ever did.

If anyone knows differently, I'd love to hear it (though the price is probably back up now).[/QUOTE]
Everybody was probably in party chat. Ruins online games a bit.

[quote name='buster90']The only thing I bought was Castle Crashers. Its a fun game but I can't find anyone to play online with. Keeps saying no games found. *sigh*.[/QUOTE]
That's odd. I rarely find CC empty. Well, if you or Mr.Dude need an extra body just let me know.

A CAG could make a thread in the appropiate forum, so all the new owners of these multiplayer DotD games (Worms2, UNO Rush, MvC2, BF1943) can get together. Does Avatar Golf have online multi-play?
[quote name='genfuyung']Anyone else no longer seeing the ea 800 points back deal button on the dashboard? They pull the plug early?[/QUOTE]I saw this offer on my dash this morning, at approx. 9:00am EST.
[quote name='gantt']However, did a brief game online and nobody was talking. The experience of multiplayer-only games like this is completely dependent on the maturity and diligence of the people you play with, and I just couldn't convince myself that a good community still exists for this game, if it ever did.[/QUOTE]On default settings, I was able to hear everyone who dropped into my open squad. Yesterday, I played a 5-hour session and met a great group of gamers. (Even most of those I couldn't talk to seemed cool.)

just purchased battlefield. is anyone else having problems playing online. i've been trying for the past half hour and still can't get into any games??? fucking frustrating. waste of money since it's just multiplayer. lame.

Re BF43 chat: I dont think I've ever played with my headset on. Well once we tried to get a private match going (friends from allgames.com) and I had my set on then, but the game crashed b4 we even got going.

I dunno, I ran into too many racial/sexual-orientation slurs in the past to ever turn on my headset in random matches. In any case, I *do* join the open squads and I find it not terribly hard to coordinate with others (who show some desire to coordinate). I like playing a support role anyway so I've still felt a good deal of teamwork in the game.

But Battlefield wouldnt be Battlefield if you didnt get left swimming from the carrier cause some asshat took the last boat w/o waiting. ;)

just checked the EA forums and apparently a lot of people are having issues connecting to the battlefield 1943 servers. hoping they fix it soon.

[quote name='deletion']just checked the EA forums and apparently a lot of people are having issues connecting to the battlefield 1943 servers. hoping they fix it soon.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I ended up just buying because I needed a third item for the EA rebate, but I'd want to play it in the near future. I have a nice backlog to keep me occupied.

I got MvsC2 and Castle Crashers to play, plus I'm going to pick up Mass Effect sometime next week to play through since I'm theoretically getting the both of the DLC for free (unless I end up scoring the two disk edition, might pick up Boom Boom Rocket in place of Bring Down the Sky).

For anyone regretting buying this this game is good, but the LAG makes it almost completely unplayable, and I'm on a 10mb cable service. Maybe its all the new players and the servers can't handle it, hopefully it gets fixed, really frustrating.

Hey is anybody having an issue with accurate account balances in XBL. I loaded a 4000 point card before this sale started. I purchased Castle Crashers(560), Shadow Complex(800), Marvel vs Capcom 2 (560), BF1943(560), and both mass effect DLC's(800). It shows I have only 720 points!!! WTF!!!!

edit: I'm an idiot I was counting on the 800 point reimbursement from EA/Microsoft for buying the 3 EA games.

I was reading the forums before the deal went live and there were quite a few topics about people reporting lag problems, part of the reason I decided to hold onto the points for inevitable MW2/BC2 DLC

It's hard to believe that people are having such a horrible time with lag. I've played it about twenty times over the past day or so and have only had issues with the sound. I absolutely love finding a good spot and sniping the enemy. Not a bad game to play for the price I paid.

I have had some lag today (just bought it yesterday) but nothing too bad. I too figured that a bunch of people bought it and their servers were ready.

[quote name='pun123']For anyone regretting buying this this game is good, but the LAG makes it almost completely unplayable, and I'm on a 10mb cable service. Maybe its all the new players and the servers can't handle it, hopefully it gets fixed, really frustrating.[/QUOTE]

If you're having issues with lag, try playing at a different time. Hopefully they'll add more servers soon, as the game is great when it doesn't lag. Vehicles, destructible terrain, and spawning next to your friends make this game a lot of fun.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']If you're having issues with lag, try playing at a different time. Hopefully they'll add more servers soon, as the game is great when it doesn't lag. Vehicles, destructible terrain, and spawning next to your friends make this game a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

Not to pop your dream bubbles mate, but they have shut down a lot of servers already so I doubt that they will add more.

The developer team is fully loaded for the next upcoming game called Battlefield: Bad Company 2 so it's unlikely to happen anything new for Battlefield 1943.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Not to pop your dream bubbles mate, but they have shut down a lot of servers already so I doubt that they will add more.

The developer team is fully loaded for the next upcoming game called Battlefield: Bad Company 2 so it's unlikely to happen anything new for Battlefield 1943.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, DICE has really let things that need to be fixed go so they can move on to the next project.

They neglect to fix the veterans program and ditched out BF:BC to work on 1943, now ditched 1943 for BC2

Well I made out with Castle Crashers, Shadow Complex, The Maw and Battlefield from this sale. I think it was great..wasn't even looking at The Maw, but for 400 points it looked good.

Battlefield is amazing on my end..haven't seen any lag on the matches I've played. This game is definitely worth the retail price.

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah, DICE has really let things that need to be fixed go so they can move on to the next project.

They neglect to fix the veterans program and ditched out BF:BC to work on 1943, now ditched 1943 for BC2[/QUOTE]

I know they've shut down servers already, but I felt that was likely because the game had been out a while, and they really were not needed. If they refuse to support the new wave of popularity of 1943, then that will likely affect my decision to purchase future EA titles that they insist on running on their own servers. Though, seeing them do nothing would hardly surprise me.

[quote name='HydroX']So I missed out on the BF1943 deal thanks to my job, and I'm a little bit pissed about it.

Oh well, money saved....[/QUOTE]

IMO, you didn't miss much, what with all the lag issues...

[quote name='token2k6']how is this thread still going? (w/ the exception of my post) hahaha..[/QUOTE]

Sup T2k6! .. ahh its still going due to ppl bitching about missing the sale (comon ppl you had 24hrs to make the buy) or showing off what games they bought (yeah, you and a millions of others did the same) .. its all good though ^_^

bread's done
Back