Xbox LIVE Family Gold Pack group-purchase, possible?

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone here has tried to buy the pack in a group and how that would work. I've been wanting to buy the gold pack with friends but only 2 of them want Gold, and my prepaid credit card doesn't work on Xbox LIVE for some reason.

So, anyone knows if possible? and anyone willing to do it?

I know I heard somewhere all the accounts had to be set up on the primary system. Im almost positive it could be done but some were concerned about doing it with strangers. Let me see what else I can fond on it for you.

Heres the original thread on it, hopefully it helps you http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276496&highlight=family+gold&page=3

Found this on another site while looking for more info on doing this:
Step 1: Recover all the gamertags that are to be entered into the family plan onto one console. (You need to know the email and password to recover a gamertag on your console.)
Step 2: Sign up for the family plan while signed into the account that you want to be the primary account holder.
Step 3: Add those recovered gamertags to the family plan when it asks you to.
Step 4: Have all of the secondary accounts go back home and recover their gamertags on their own consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
so it is hard to do, but certainly not impossible...

I guess as long as the group leader is a trust-worthy member of the community it would be ok...

[quote name='DarkPGR']so it is hard to do, but certainly not impossible...

I guess as long as the group leader is a trust-worthy member of the community it would be ok...[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right

I posted a thread about a deal on this where you get a bonus of 1 month xbl gold free along with 2 xbla games (snoopy's flying ace & lode runner) so if you only have 3 people in right now, sign up and just sell the account later or trade it away. Don't see any other deals coming soon so get on it while u can.

Note that if you're planning to share with friends, the Family Gold is not designed for that. It's for a family in one household. Your "family" members will NOT be able to download any M rated content, such as add-ons to Call of Duty. Only you will, but they won't be able to use your copy unless they play it on your main Xbox. They will be able to play M rated discs, but they won't be able to download any M-rated content.

bread's done
Back