xbox live family pack with 800 points

No response from Xbox Support yet. Also, I now realize that getting the family gold was dumb. I have no games on the Xbox that have kid-friendly online. For example, Snoopy Flying Ace is fun, but in online play even I get my ass kicked routinely. When my 9 year old tries to play it online it is no fun at all. I wish there were something like Excitebots Trick Racing on the Xbox, in terms of online play. It's fun for all skill levels because you can earn money to unlock stuff even if you don't do great. You earn *more* for doing well, but you can still earn money even if you are bouncing between last and next to last. If you get lucky. Anyway, the point is that it's friendly for all skill levels.

Are there any 360 games that are genuinely fun for young kids to play online? So far nothing I have qualifies which is a big disappointment.

And on a related note, are there any kid-friendly games that have online in which more then one player can play on your Xbox online at the same time? If Snoopy allowed us to play splitscreen while online, we could probably still have fun with it, but it doesn't let us do that. Boo.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Sonic All-Stars Racing maybe?[/QUOTE]

My son tried to play that online, but no one was on. :( Hopefully some folks will be online next time. He was playing on a Saturday morning, maybe another time would be populated.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so if im reading this right i should wait till im at exactly 20 months then do the family pack?

was planning to do this with my cousins but i dont want to waste my extra months siince im set till feb 2013[/QUOTE]

Yes, you only get credit at $5 per month for up to 20 months. Anything after that is lost.

[quote name='crunchewy']My son tried to play that online, but no one was on. :( Hopefully some folks will be online next time. He was playing on a Saturday morning, maybe another time would be populated.
[/QUOTE]

my nephew plays castle crashers -aegis wing which i believe is still free-and teenage mutant ninja turtles-on line that's all that i can think of-

[quote name='crunchewy']And on a related note, are there any kid-friendly games that have online in which more then one player can play on your Xbox online at the same time? If Snoopy allowed us to play splitscreen while online, we could probably still have fun with it, but it doesn't let us do that. Boo.[/QUOTE]Depends on your definition of kid-friendly? I play split-screen L4D1/2 online w/ my 10yo son...but only with trusted people on my friends list.

There are a few other games I let him play online, but he's not allowed to participate or listen in on voicechat. Blur comes to mind.

The TMNT games are split screen online capable, my wife and I played with another couple online and we beat the game in about an hour or so. We also played Castle Crashers together, which was fun.

[quote name='azngtlman']The TMNT games are split screen online capable, my wife and I played with another couple online and we beat the game in about an hour or so. We also played Castle Crashers together, which was fun.[/QUOTE]

TMNT, meaning the original, not the "updated" version? We have that! We haven't played it much, but if the 3 of us could team up with someone online that would be pretty nice. Perfect even. Thanks for that tip. That sounds perfect!

Neither of the TMNT games have split-screen... Come on, let's not pretend like the meaning of split-screen is hard to decipher.

This finally showed back up on my dash a few days after I bought it at regular price. Microsoft needs to get their shit together with these deals. Would it really be hard to have an icon designated for deals?

Signed up last night with the 800pts deal but haven't seen the points awarded yet. Did I miss something in the fine print that said the points would be delivered later?

Looking forward to upgrading to this by the end of the year, wonder how long the 13 months/800 free points offer will be around.

Plan on getting kids their own Xbox for Xmas and need a second Gold account (mostly for Netflix) for it... but getting myself a srcond gold account, and one for my wife as well for less than the price of 2 sounds perfect.

i have a black ops 12+2 card on me right now and it says on the back.

It cannot be combined with nor redeemed for xbox live family pack membership.

plan was to redeem it then join the family program plan thing--but i think i might be screwed with this one-or am i missing something??

as I understand it, if you're a Gold user and sign up for a family gold pack, for every 2 months of Gold subscription left, everyone on the family pack gets 1 month, up to 20 months.

So, if you redeem that card, then join a family pack, everyone gets 19 months of Gold.

For each month you have of Gold, you get $5 off of the price of Family Gold ($100), up to 20 months, because 20x5 = 100. Any time you have after that IS LOST. Gone forever. So don't add time to make your total more then 20 months.

Now, once you are Family Gold, you can add other accounts, up to 3, to the Family. For each 2 months of gold on any of those accounts, you get a 1 month extension to Family Gold. So if you add a 12 month card to your kids account given them 12 months, then when you add them to the "Family" you'll get 6 more months of time. The most time you can have is 72 months.

One little snafu. At least when I signed up, I already had my kids as sub accounts (just not Family Gold sub accounts). When I converted to Family Gold I had 1 year on each of their accounts. So then they were in my "Family", but they were NOT part of the Family Gold family! I removed them from my family and then... well, then I discovered that I couldn't add them to the Family Gold family on the xbox because the Family Center wasn't there!! I called Xbox Support at that time and they told me it was due to an "emergency problem" with Family Gold accounts and that in a few hours it would be back. I mention all that, because perhaps it was suppose to have incorporated them automatically and it didn't because of this issue. I don't know. If for some reason your existing child accounts don't automatically end up getting added, just remove them from the Family and then add them back. If you don't have child accounts already this won't be an issue either way.

Hello all I am lost where was the post on the 30 buck gold card at BB?
could some one point me in the right place

[quote name='Ramp']Hello all I am lost where was the post on the 30 buck gold card at BB?
could some one point me in the right place[/QUOTE]
Sorry, that deal expired on Saturday.

Hmmm something to ponder on.... can People say like in a local group buy this and people in the group pay toward a total of family pack. GOOD IDEA? :) How would MS know the difference?

[quote name='SuperJedi']Hmmm something to ponder on.... can People say like in a local group buy this and people in the group pay toward a total of family pack. GOOD IDEA? :) How would MS know the difference?[/QUOTE]

Don't think Microsoft could know the difference, nor would they really care. I think signing up with roommates is actually encouraged. If you can find 3 other friends who want to join you, you could all sign up, split the cost $25 each, and be good to go. You just gotta decide who's the "master" account, thus having their credit card on file for the initial startup, and having control to an extent over everyone elses memberships. If you're comfortable with that, go for it.

This would be a pretty good deal for those who can get a group together to sign up for live.

I went to go sign up for this today, after seeing it last night on XBL, and it's not there anymore. I'm so frickin pissed off. Called MS, and they said if its not there, its no longer an offer.

That pisses me off so much that they don't specify when certain promos are going to expire. Had I known, i woulda done it last night.

F U MS!!!

[quote name='PlayerXXX']I went to go sign up for this today, after seeing it last night on XBL, and it's not there anymore. I'm so frickin pissed off. Called MS, and they said if its not there, its no longer an offer.

That pisses me off so much that they don't specify when certain promos are going to expire. Had I known, i woulda done it last night.

F U MS!!![/QUOTE]
I saw it last night on the dash (family upgrade with 800msp), and completed it.
My only question is now it looks like it's mandatory to have auto-renew enabled with the primary account, and thus have a credit card on file. Having one of my kids go hog wild in the market place on 2 occasions, I would prefer not to have that option.
Anyone followup with support to remove it? Several posts indicate where you can change it, but it appears since the recent dash update some accounts you cannot (assuming family is one of them). On the MS live kb it lists you only have the option to cancel your membership to remove auto renew or remove all forms of payment.

Anyone actually get the 800 points that goes with this, or did I miss something in the fine print about when they are credited to your account.

[quote name='revsmitty']Anyone actually get the 800 points that goes with this, or did I miss something in the fine print about when they are credited to your account.[/QUOTE]
Believe it quoted 6-8 weeks.

[quote name='Lordgestle']I saw it last night on the dash (family upgrade with 800msp), and completed it.
My only question is now it looks like it's mandatory to have auto-renew enabled with the primary account, and thus have a credit card on file. Having one of my kids go hog wild in the market place on 2 occasions, I would prefer not to have that option.
Anyone followup with support to remove it? Several posts indicate where you can change it, but it appears since the recent dash update some accounts you cannot (assuming family is one of them). On the MS live kb it lists you only have the option to cancel your membership to remove auto renew or remove all forms of payment.[/QUOTE]

This is why the family center thingy allows you to control who can buy points or not. It's designed so that you have to gift the points to your other accounts if they want to buy anything. The only way they can use your credit card is if you leave your account aut-sign in enbaled - which is a bad idea, lock it with a code.

[quote name='thrustbucket']This is why the family center thingy allows you to control who can buy points or not. It's designed so that you have to gift the points to your other accounts if they want to buy anything. The only way they can use your credit card is if you leave your account aut-sign in enbaled - which is a bad idea, lock it with a code.[/QUOTE]
Yep, have the code enabled. My oldest son has his own account, however occasionally I will start up netflix under my account for my youngest to watch a movie on netflix. The code is only prompted on the first sign in. I wish it would prompt again for purchase confirmation.
Also I'm not to fond of having a cc linked to my account for security puproses (ie if the account is stolen). It's one thing to have someone burn through your points, another to have unlimited funding on marketplace due to a linked CC.

[quote name='Lordgestle']Yep, have the code enabled. My oldest son has his own account, however occasionally I will start up netflix under my account for my youngest to watch a movie on netflix. The code is only prompted on the first sign in. I wish it would prompt again for purchase confirmation.
Also I'm not to fond of having a cc linked to my account for security puproses (ie if the account is stolen). It's one thing to have someone burn through your points, another to have unlimited funding on marketplace due to a linked CC.[/QUOTE]

Could you have them run Netflix in their own profile? Since they have Gold they should be able to use Netflix.

I would totally bite on this and say screw it to my 3 years of built up credit (since I need more accts on my xbox), but the deal isn't recognizing my 3 years of credit and is only discounting it by $15... I dunno wtf is up with that... I know I have 3 years because I partook in the 2 years for $XX.XX on the dashboard a while back and the year + 1600 microsoft points deal that was also on the dashboard a while back. You'd think the xbox would realize that but nooooo

Ok, so I have been through a lot when it comes to this whole Xbox Live Family Gold Pack, so I will try to impart some of it to all you CAGs out there.

First, the offer that comes up on the dash is kind of weird in the fact that it will come and go depending on the current gold account that is signed in. I had one that I really wanted to be the main account, but the offer never showed up on the dashboard (even after signing in and out about 100 times, literally) so my sister-in-law (whom I trust) has the main account and all the control that goes with it, because it was the only gold account that the offer came up for.

Second, the additional gold accounts with credit in them that you want to add to the family gold pack should not exceed 48 months (46 if you get in on the dashboard offer), because your initial year of the Family pack is also included in that 36 month limitation.

Third, if you have more than 24 months of gold left in your account signing up for the family gold pack is not currently supported, because of some error that has yet to be fixed. Or at least it is not possible for me and a few others, and it spits out some random error code that Microsoft has yet to put out a description on. This was the result of me trying to use some extra cards and sign my brothers up for their own family pack.

[quote name='youenvy']i have a black ops 12+2 card on me right now and it says on the back.

It cannot be combined with nor redeemed for xbox live family pack membership.

plan was to redeem it then join the family program plan thing--but i think i might be screwed with this one-or am i missing something??[/QUOTE]
I think that it just means that it can't be directly redeemed for the family pack.

[quote name='Darknuke']I would totally bite on this and say screw it to my 3 years of built up credit (since I need more accts on my xbox), but the deal isn't recognizing my 3 years of credit and is only discounting it by $15... I dunno wtf is up with that... I know I have 3 years because I partook in the 2 years for $XX.XX on the dashboard a while back and the year + 1600 microsoft points deal that was also on the dashboard a while back. You'd think the xbox would realize that but nooooo[/QUOTE]

As you recall from the 2 years for $XX.XX offer, you are only billed at the end of your current subscription. The 2 years have probably not been added to your account if it has yet to be billed.

If you check your Renewal Date on Account Management, it should only indicate the date that the discounted rate will be applied.

This is different than if you had actually bought a pre-paid card and entered the code (REDEEMED). That is instantly added to your Gold time in that case. Not the "billed at the end of your current subscription" that many of the recent dashboard offers indicated.

bread's done
Back