XBOX Live for 13 months $33

DrFeelGood

CAG Veteran
I have been trying all night to get a dell purchase ID to work and got tired of wasting my time. Instead I paid $33 for 13 months.

Buy.com has it for $43 free shipping.
Pay through googlecheckout for $10 off = $33 shipped

Google checkout is for "first-time" users only...but I used a new email and credit card, plus I just moved.

Do you need to change your address to take advantage of google checkout? I am asking because I was going to place an order under my name and my girlfriends with two diffrent CC#'s and email's but I didn't know if I had to ship to diffrent address because we live together. Thanks.

I have only used the checkout twice at two different addresses, so I am not for sure. but tankexmortis posted all you have to change is your email and it will work. So I would assume two names/CC's/emails should be fine. eitherway you know if you get the discount before you buy.

Yep. As of now, just using a new Gmail e-mail account will suffice. After the amount of abuse, I suspect Buy.com will eventually try to seal-off this 'loophole.'

[quote name='chasemurata']Yep. As of now, just using a new Gmail e-mail account will suffice. After the amount of abuse, I suspect Buy.com will eventually try to seal-off this 'loophole.'[/quote]

I don't think BUY.com cares. I looked on their website and it shows me paying full price for the XBOX live. But my google checkout shows the discounted price. I imagine BUY.com pays google for pushing business their way, based on the number of different buyers and product sold. So either way both make money.

If you decide to do this, make sure you select the free shipping option on final checkout, otherwise you'll pay like 7 dollars to ship an xbox live card.

[quote name='spideymike']Maybe we should start a thread of "I got ______ free with GCO" and everyone can post on their their deals they got.[/quote]

I saw the stupid post for XBL for "around" $25 that was over what 10 pages long? I figured those people either didn't know or forgot about GCO. I figured for at most $8 more, it was worth not having to deal with the ebay douche bags and coupons that may or may not work. Not to mention you spent $5 or more trying to get the coupon.

Its pretty simple--don't post a GCO deal without putting GCO in the title. This isn't new, and the abuse isn't news either.

Not everyone can get in on it. I haven't been able to get the $10 off for some time. I think they have my home address/credit cards on file.

[quote name='scottman']google will ban you from google checkout after abuse.[/quote]

Google checkout only interests me because I get $10 off. I've only used it twice - once for the Pioneer 5.1 system for $90 and now this. If I get "banned" from GCO it's no skin off my nose.

Thanks OP. You're taking a ration over it, but I'm a new 360 owner who's been looking for a deal like this.

[quote name='DrFeelGood']Not to mention you spent $5 or more trying to get the coupon.[/quote]

I didn't spend anything on ebay on any coupons. I bought something on Dell.com last month and I used that purchase number to get a coupon for $25 off any item online that is on Dell's site. Used it on a XBL card and it only cost me $26 total with shipping.

[quote name='spideymike']I didn't spend anything on ebay on any coupons. I bought something on Dell.com last month and I used that purchase number to get a coupon for $25 off any item online that is on Dell's site. Used it on a XBL card and it only cost me $26 total with shipping.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's just you. He is refering that majority of people needs to go through loops to get the coupon.

Only you gets the coupon doesn't make it a deal for others.

[quote name='ychanus']Only you gets the coupon doesn't make it a deal for others.[/quote]

Well, why not buy something at Dell.com like many of us did and take advantage of this deal?

[quote name='spideymike']Well, why not buy something at Dell.com like many of us did and take advantage of this deal?[/quote]

I thought this site was cheapassgamers? Not spendmoremoneytogetacoupongamers The majority of the posts I read about the dell coupon were either people wanting a free coupon or wanting to know if the ebay coupons they bought or were going to buy would work.

I posted the GCO deal that was available to everyone (and still is) without having to buy anything extra, unlike the Dell deal (either something from dell or a coupon)

[quote name='spideymike']I didn't spend anything on ebay on any coupons. I bought something on Dell.com last month and I used that purchase number to get a coupon for $25 off any item online that is on Dell's site. Used it on a XBL card and it only cost me $26 total with shipping.[/quote]

Good for you but I prefer not to be stuck with a POS from dell. I made one purchase too many on their junk.

bread's done
Back