Xbox Live Gold: 1 month for 1 dollar.

LeoDude

CAGiversary!
On my spotlight channel, I noticed you can get 1 month of Gold for a dollar right now.

Is this for everyone right now? I'm currently still on my free month for buying an Xbox, so I don't know if this is a universal offer.

We talking giving your credit card to microsoft?

You are going to jump the gut with that one.
They will keep charging you for xbox live after that deal is off.
You will then get mad and call Costumer service and you will have to a lot of shit just to stop Microsoft from using your credit card.

[quote name='cRodz']We talking giving your credit card to microsoft?

You will then get mad and call Costumer service and you will have to a lot of shit just to stop Microsoft from using your credit card.[/QUOTE]

That changed recently, you can now remove credit cards from your account easily on xbox.com.

I'm not going to bother with it, since it says it will automatically renew after a month unless you cancel

I don't want to deal with the hassle of having to do that

Is this an offer for everybody, or just people without Live subscriptions?

[quote name='boylover']I'm not going to bother with it, since it says it will automatically renew after a month unless you cancel

I don't want to deal with the hassle of having to do that[/QUOTE]

Figuring out how to turn off auto-renewal took me about two minutes. It isn't that big of a deal.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Is this an offer for everybody, or just people without Live subscriptions?

Figuring out how to turn off auto-renewal took me about two minutes. It isn't that big of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Turning off auto-renewal is really shady, it takes 4 separate screens with an inconspicuous "continue" button at the bottom of each, they try to sell you on XBL the whole way through. It needs to be a simple radio button.

[quote name='cRodz']We talking giving your credit card to microsoft?

You will then get mad and call Costumer service and you will have to a lot of shit just to stop Microsoft from using your credit card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Aleman']That changed recently, you can now remove credit cards from your account easily on xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

I did not know you could now remove CC info from Xbox.com. That is quite helpful, so thank you. Even if it was not possible, as in the past, all you have to do is generate a temporary card number and use that.

I've never liked the auto renew. Last time they did it for a $1, their website clearly stated instructions how to do it online. When you clicked the unsubscribe link it took you to a different page that said "call us to cancel." I then had to call and be put on hold and explain why i wanted to cancel and that their website said I should be able to do this. Must be a new thing they added. For $1, I'd extend my subscription if it's easy to cancel now.

Someone on GameFAQs posted late last week. Apparently, you can only purchase the $1 One Month once. I thought it'd be amazing to get a year for $12 too. It's more of an incentive for non Gold members and just a small bonus for us.

[quote name='Aleman']That changed recently, you can now remove credit cards from your account easily on xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

How recent is recently? During the Summer of LIVE promotion (or whatever it was called), 1 month of LIVE was $1. Good deal. Right after that, I bought a year of LIVE with a subscription card. I tried to remove my CC information after 2 months, since that month I paid for was over.

I had to spend 45 minutes on the phone with MS and then it took them an additional two weeks to get it off.

This was all back in September, so take that for what you will. Good deal for me though, as since I waited the perfect amount of time, they had to end my LIVE subscription to remove my CC and then they gave me a 12 month code to use, so I got 15 months of live $51 bucks.

Actually my only net connection ATM is a wireless usb modem and the PS3(built in wi fi). My gold sub expired a few weeks ago so hopefully this deal exists next month when i get my internet.

[quote name='menotknow']im in spotlight right now and all it says is the black friday deal of 14 months for $50. darn it.[/QUOTE]

so the 1 $ deal is over?

How does this work?? I'm new to all of this and still on my first month of free trial live (both me and my sons systems are). I just purchased one month for $1 on each machine/account. But, when I go to memberships under account info, it still say's im on the trial. It does say though under renewal $1 for a month.

I would have thought that the purchasing of one month would ADD that month to our free trials, so then our expiration date would be like January (we both activated our free trial within the last two weeks so our trial expiry was around mid Dec).

I have a 12 month I bought for my system and I bought him the messenger pack with 12mo for Christmas. I just didn't want to activate til this 1 month for $1 is good to go (plus he can't use his until Christmas).

[quote name='kaydigi']Know matter how easy it looks to remove the CC, I would never give it to Microsoft. There is too much to go wrong,[/QUOTE]

What exactly could go wrong? Microsoft is not some fly-by-night e-company you never heard of. It's not like MS is gonna commit identity fraud against you or ring up massive charges on your card, which you could obviously dispute anyway. And as I mentioned earlier, for those of you out there nervous about giving your CC info to...apparently...anyone, you can simply generate a temporary number. The credit cards I have all give you the option, and you can also do it with PayPal.

just canceled my amazon prime free trial yesterday night as it was going to auto renew--clicked no on the auto renewal n honestly woke up checked my account n it went back to normal no more prime n wasnt charge a cent awesome-

point being i would love to add this for a $1 but will pass if its a hassle as some say to stop auto renewal-by the way i got my cc on there for a year now and nothing shady has happened to it--dammit i just jinxed myself didnt i

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']What exactly could go wrong? Microsoft is not some fly-by-night e-company you never heard of. It's not like MS is gonna commit identity fraud against you or ring up massive charges on your card, which you could obviously dispute anyway. And as I mentioned earlier, for those of you out there nervous about giving your CC info to...apparently...anyone, you can simply generate a temporary number. The credit cards I have all give you the option, and you can also do it with PayPal.[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about identity fraud?

Some people even after the new system have to go through hoops to auto cancel with Microsoft. It doesn't happen to everyone, but enough people have issues with turning off auto cancel. Again it doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen.

I don't have this issue with Netflix, Gamefly etc..... Just with XBOX Live service.

[quote name='akashhhhh']Turning off auto-renewal is really shady, it takes 4 separate screens with an inconspicuous "continue" button at the bottom of each, they try to sell you on XBL the whole way through. It needs to be a simple radio button.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='advanced']

I had to spend 45 minutes on the phone with MS and then it took them an additional two weeks to get it off.

This was all back in September, so take that for what you will. Good deal for me though, as since I waited the perfect amount of time, they had to end my LIVE subscription to remove my CC and then they gave me a 12 month code to use, so I got 15 months of live $51 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Typical of Microsoft. Whatever they can do to get your money.

Thank you! My Xbox Live expired a few days ago so this is perfect. Actually you don't need to call Microsoft in order to remove your credit card. You can do it on Xbox.com after your month is up, and no they don't charge your credit card after you cancel your subscription.

[quote name='NinjaPenguin7']Thank you! My Xbox Live expired a few days ago so this is perfect. Actually you don't need to call Microsoft in order to remove your credit card. You can do it on Xbox.com after your month is up, and no they don't charge your credit card after you cancel your subscription.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't work all the time from the website for everyone. And if you do it AFTER your month is up, you will be charged.

bread's done
Back