Xbox Live Gold Membership 3 months $10 + bonus avatar mask

jaydude84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I signed onto Live today and they are offering three months of Xbox Live Gold for 10 dollars, but you have to purchase it through xbox live when you log on. It says that it is going to expire on July 19 or "while supplies last" (but isn't it digital anyway so can supplies really run out?). The mask that comes with it looks dumb and you don't even get it until 4-6 weeks later, but at least it is a good deal on the gold membership.

I also realize that the recently posted deal for Xbox Live at 12 months is slightly better, however I only need the three months anyway so I can play the new Castlevania game so it may be good for people that just want to play through the summer.

Almost just as cheap to buy a 12 month card, but for someone just wanting 3 months it's good.

However it's all a ploy to sucker people into paying for it and then not cancelling it.

Damn I hadn't even thought of that, thanks for giving me the heads up. Is there a way to cancel the auto-renewal process as I don't want it to charge me after those three months are up.

You should be able to change the auto-renewal online on Xbox.com, if you have linked your account onto the site. If not, the settings are buried somewhere on your console. Look in the account info area on your console.

Thanks for the replies, it took me a few minutes, but I finally got it turned off. It's no wonder people buy the cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last card I bought off of Amazon also turned auto-renewal on. Near as I can tell, sneezing on Xbox Live turns your auto-renewal on. So don't forget to check it!

[quote name='bigwightdog']The last card I bought off of Amazon also turned auto-renewal on. Near as I can tell, sneezing on Xbox Live turns your auto-renewal on. So don't forget to check it![/QUOTE]

That's why you should NEVER leave your CC info on your account, not including other extremely valuable reasons like losing your account info/getting it hacked or stolen.

Ofcourse, though, I believe you forfeit the deal or the LIVE time if you remove your CC info before the time is up.

[quote name='poopmastr7']its not showin up for me[/QUOTE]

I say it under the spotlight tab, it mentions crackdown 2 (as that is the mask you get for free) and it says that it's 50% off for 3 months coming out to 10 dollars. I hope that helps.

Yeah I don't see this under spotlight. I would love to take advantage of this as my XBL is up on the 25th and I am a bit broke.

I haven't renewed Xbox Live in a few months, and I couldn't care less haha!

But that's beside the point, I agree that everything turns auto-renewal back on. They probably get some sweet extra stolen bucks from people that way. I never even put a CC on there, its too risky if Xbox decides to charge you for something out of nowhere.

Perfect! I'm in somewhat of a bad spot financially right now and my LIVE expires in September. Maybe I'll use that to buy me some time.

still not seeing it. i just did the 1 month/1$ thing and turned off my auto renewal and my live is up on the 19th. hopefully it shows up soon for me!

[quote name='hellhunde']I would love something like this while I wait to find a 12-month for $30. My subscription runs out in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is selling 12 months for 35, only 5 bucks more than the price you're looking for.

I actually rang in early on this before I saw that 12 months for $35.99 deal. I bit on the 1 month for a dollar last month, and figured, well $10 gets me through the summer. After that, I'll be holding out for an under $30 deal (wishful thinking) or thrive off of free month promos and contests. I just despise the practice of nickle and dime-ing customers for multiplayer capabilities that Microsoft embraces. I already gave at the office...

I bought a 360 a month ago, but it's hard for me to accept paying for multiplayer. Because I can play online for free on PC and ps3 already. However my sister, me and her husband play together on live so it's worth paying for that.

I'm hoping the deal isn't taken down directly at midnight. Live expires for me in an hour. But then again, Microsoft never takes down their deals right away.

bread's done
Back