Xbox Live Marketplace 4000 Points ($39.99)

Nice, in for two. I've been looking for some discounted Xbox points as there's a bunch of discounted 360 games I'd like to get. Costume Quest, Zeit 2 and a few others. This seems to be about as cheap as the points get lately.

Thanks OP, in for two... was going to post this but was ninja'd again... can't say no to free money. :)

The best thing about buying MS points on sale... is double dipping and buying DLC on sale. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
They are usually 50 bucks. Tax hurts the deal for me a bit. Good deal for those who don't have to pay tax.

edit... mmm..no tax if I purchase this. Usually I would have to pay tax if I buy something from buy.com.

edit 2! ah..its not from buy.com but rather a third party which is why I'm not taxed. I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='draven1089']Arent 4000 point cards always $40?[/QUOTE]

MSRP is $49.99 for 4000pts or $1.25 per 100pts ($1.25 per 100 is the standard price on all cards BTW)

This deal = about $0.99 per 100pts

Think my personal best deal was around $0.88 per 100pts (or free if you count Bing Rewards)

Better deals do surface from time to time, but tend to be YMMV, limited order numbers, or sell out quick. It's not a OMG deal, but it's still not a bad deal either.

This actually is a good deal if you have multiple accounts. I can spread these points out across my kids and my accounts rather than a single 4000 point card where you are stuck with one.

In for one. Thanks OP!

[quote name='eurenix']Are these actual cards or emailed codes?[/QUOTE]

I think they might be mailed cards, but honestly don't know. The only reason I say this is because I tried changing to a faster shipping option and was going to be charged extra for it. Not proof, but just a thought.

Not sure that will work, drawingboard. The Amazon page is for a single 4000-point card, whereas Buy.com is selling a pack of 10 400-point cards. So different item. But I'll try.

[quote name='drawingboard']I have credit at amazon, so everyone please do me a solid and click the "tell us about a lower price" option here:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live...RT62/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301491809&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

I reported it, but I don't think it will work.

3rd party buy.com seller selling a 10 pack of 400pt cards Vs. Amazon selling a 4000pt card... don't think Amazon will care.

If it was Buy.com themselves selling a 4000pt card... might have some hope for a price match.

[quote name='teknomedic']MSRP is $49.99 for 4000pts or $1.25 per 100pts ($1.25 per 100 is the standard price on all cards BTW)

This deal = about $0.99 per 100pts

Think my personal best deal was around $0.88 per 100pts (or free if you count Bing Rewards)

Better deals do surface from time to time, but tend to be YMMV, limited order numbers, or sell out quick. It's not a OMG deal, but it's still not a bad deal either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Target's old deal with 1600 point cards for $14.99 was pretty good, but is actually the same when you figure it out.

4000 points Target Deal = $39.73 (@14.99/1600 points + after .06% tax)
4000 points Buy.com = $40.99 shipped

So it's only about a buck more than Target (which could be even less depending on your local tax)

[quote name='heavy liquid']Yeah, Target's old deal with 1600 point cards for $14.99 was pretty good, but is actually the same when you figure it out.

4000 points Target Deal = $39.73 (@14.99/1600 points + after .06% tax)
4000 points Buy.com = $40.99 shipped

So it's only about a buck more than Target (which could be even less depending on your local tax)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that Target deal ends up being about $0.93-$0.94 per 100pts (before tax, driving to the store, etc)

Curious though... are you not getting the Buy.com deal for $39.99? (I had no tax, free shipping, plus the -$2.00 "auto coupon") Be sure to only order one per order as the coupon doesn't stack, but you can order multiple times.

Feedback on The Game Rush is somewhat mixed. Check the feedback. Some people report not getting their items and that customer service was unresponsive. Most report positive feedback. Probably this is fine, but I'll just point that out. I'm still considering it myself.

Yesterday's ebay deal was still live so I bit on that but nice follow up Buy.com and some random 3rd party seller!

Get these points guys! Spring looks to be a busy marketplace shopping time!

[quote name='teknomedic']

Curious though... are you not getting the Buy.com deal for $39.99? (I had no tax, free shipping, plus the -$2.00 "auto coupon") Be sure to only order one per order as the coupon doesn't stack, but you can order multiple times.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, I guess that's what I did wrong. I ordered two when I should have ordered them separately? Didn't know that . Oh, well. I guess I could cancel and reorder, but don't feel like going through the hassle.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Yesterday's ebay deal was still live so I bit on that but nice follow up Buy.com and some random 3rd party seller!

Get these points guys! Spring looks to be a busy marketplace shopping time![/QUOTE]

I must have missed that... what was the deal?? Is it still active ATM?

[quote name='heavy liquid']Whoops, I guess that's what I did wrong. I ordered two when I should have ordered them separately? Didn't know that . Oh, well. I guess I could cancel and reorder, but don't feel like going through the hassle.[/QUOTE]

It's easy to miss, but yeah... you can only order one at a time to get the full deal since no stacking on the coupon. Funny though, they say on the page "order as many times as you want" so why not just stack the coupon and be done with it, lol.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I didn't even know they sold 400 point CARDS? I know you can buy that increment on Live itself but not as a card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I bought two of these, which means I'm going to have to put in 20 codes. :/

[quote name='teknomedic']I must have missed that... what was the deal?? Is it still active ATM?

[/QUOTE]

Same as this only for a single 4000 point card. The advantage to it is if you scored the groupon $15 eBay gift card for $7 deal. I did not get to that in time.

Belated thanks, Opie. Still don't understand why Microsoft, e.g., doesn't offer 'bulk rates' on "spacebucks."

#EGMreferences

[quote name='jollydwarf']Still don't understand why Microsoft, e.g., doesn't offer 'bulk rates' on "spacebucks."

#EGMreferences[/QUOTE]

This.

Bulk rate discounts would be killer and make sense.

Yeah, tell me about it. Even a small discount on high point quantities...they'd at worst make it back in interest, but more than likely, the "spacebucks" would be 'burning a hole' in your e-pocket, getting you to frivolously spend them at a faster clip (and less discriminately) than you would otherwise. Win for greedy suits, right??

[quote name='jollydwarf']Belated thanks, Opie. Still don't understand why Microsoft, e.g., doesn't offer 'bulk rates' on "spacebucks."

#EGMreferences[/QUOTE]
Because it's M$. I mean, why did it basically take them five years to start discounting downloadable content on Live? Maybe they will eventually open their eyes to discounted points as well. Plus, they use fictitious "currency" so it seems it would be easier to discount that as opposed to Sony's actual dollars. Although I prefer actual dollar transactions.

bread's done
Back